Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should we bring back the practice of dueling? page 2

wiltondeportes Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Grok View Post
    When people have to rely on family, community and church for welfare instead of the government, then they will stop acting like assholes.

If you have duels then people with the best shot will become the assholes.

The best solution is to have competing free market dispute resolution systems that do not involve any violence whatsoever, that means getting rid of our current government operated court systems which is a monopoly based on force.
    The way you talk reminds me of this scene:

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BestBetter View Post
    I've been thinking this for a while. People would think twice about being assholes if they knew they'd likely be challenged to one, especially if it was a major disgrace not to accept if someone challenged (as it was in the past).

Nowadays, there are zero consequences for acting like a jerk. I'm all for communication, but some people just don't respond to words; they require action.

Thoughts?
    It means that the best duellists have a license to be the biggest dicks.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Grok is offline Senior Member
    LOL, an anrcho-syndicalist commune.

I must have watched that movie a dozen times, but this was the first time I recognized the term anarcho-syndicalism.

Gilleh is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like you watched The Three Musketeers recently.
    Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilleh View Post
    Sounds like you watched The Three Musketeers recently.
    Were any of those any good? I love Alexandre Dumas for The Count of Monte Cristo (the movie).

Gilleh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    Were any of those any good? I love Alexandre Dumas for The Count of Monte Cristo (the movie).
    Don't expect much, it's kinda childish. Still, I don't regret watching it for the sword fencing and Mila Jovovich in tight clothes.
    Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

Quarry is offline Senior Member
    Goes both ways. Those with best duelling skills could become bigger assholes

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Won't work. People who are bigger/fitter will win. Winning doesn't mean one is in the right.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    It would only work if the challanger had to accept the choice of duel of the challangee, and any form of competition was acceptable, not just fighting, so you could choose chess, juggling skills, sword fighting, dungens and dragons, quiz on Dr Who facts, anything.

Then the looser would have to stand up public and admit to being an arse-hole, that might rein unessary dualing as you would have to be propper pissed with some-one to risk a dual.
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Rob View Post
    It would only work if the challanger had to accept the choice of duel of the challangee, and any form of competition was acceptable, not just fighting, so you could choose chess, juggling skills, sword fighting, dungens and dragons, quiz on Dr Who facts, anything.

Then the looser would have to stand up public and admit to being an arse-hole, that might rein unessary dualing as you would have to be propper pissed with some-one to risk a dual.
    that.... is terrible

no
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Over the next 90 minutes, I want to show you that all of your problems can be solved with my penis.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast