Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Small ladies and carbohydrate amounts page 2

PrimalMama is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    my height ranges from 5'2"-5'4" depending on how well adjusted my spine is and how much sleep I've gotten

I've found that in the past, I could eat crap and junk and 300-500g of carbs/day without gaining a significant amount of weight (as in, it would take months to gain 2-3lbs - and a day or two of LC to lose it, though realistically, I wasn't eating extreme carbs like that daily)... I know this because of a previous way-of-eating endeavour, so I'm not 100% sure it applies in your situation, but I DID want to share.

Now, primally speaking, I can eat a crapload of sweet potatoes (even regular potatoes) and veggies and whatnot before I start gaining... I could probably eat a potato (or half a sweet potato, the ones I get are usually big!) daily and be fine, but I'm working on losing fat at the moment, so I keep it to smaller portions.

jeez, I sound like a rambling idiot... I don't know if any of that made sense, but I hope something I said helped.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    A potato daily is not really that much carbohydrate, is it? If the rest of the day is LC would the overall count even reach 100g?

PrimalMama is offline Senior Member
    hehe... like I said, I'm a rambling idiot... or at least I play one on the internet sometimes...

so, a potato has something like 60g of carbs? yes?
    I think I meant more ADDING a potato to whatever you'd do for weight loss.... so like if 60g of carbs/day keeps me losing, adding a potato would make that 120g carbs/day... which I wouldn't really consider LC... but I *personally* might still be able to lose, even at that rate.

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    I'm 55, 5'2", maintain around 107 lbs. on about 1500 calories a day.

I GAIN weight if I go below around 50g of carbs a day, even on a restricted calorie diet (less than 1200/day).

Around 75-80g of carbs a day seems ideal for me. I'm pretty active. I do Crossfit workouts 2-3 days a week, Olympic weight lifting once a week, powerlifting once a week. I hike/mountain bike/ski/snowboard/snowshoe one day a week (depending on the season), and I throw in a session of sprints every week or two.

The only time my energy levels have gone down is when I tried the "eat MOAR fat" thing and was under 50g of carbs and under 1300 calories a day.

I'm amazed at the quantity of food that others here in the forum eat (who are about my size). I guess I'm just unlucky...

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    I'm in my twenties, 5'3", sometimes 5'4", and maintain at 150-160lbs on 3000 calories/day on average. I lift weights 2x/week and sprint 1x/week, and on those days I will usually have about 150-200g carbs. Other days I'm close to 100-150g. I average about 6 hours of walking every week, for my other activity.

2ndChance is offline Senior Member
    20 years old, 5'5" and probably around 125 lbs... I've stopped counting my carbs but I'd say I average around 150g carbs a day. I'm not that active (walking a few times a week, occasional bike ride, occasional lifting) but I do a lot of yoga which I can tell speeds my metabolism.

TLoRu is offline Senior Member
    26 5'2, 115 and about 18%bf. very active

I eat more carbs when I've had a more difficult workout or when my time of the month is approaching and I feel sluggish. I d t limit carbs, and I don't track numbers. I always stick w sweet potatoes, acorn squash, butternut squash and others like this. I have atleast one a day, if not more.

llong is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    5" 3" 43 yrs old 133 lbs new to primal eating and have not been tracking carbs but I just took the time to figure out what I've been eating and I would say typically I am aroung 100 g per day but on a low day (about once a week) I would hit 200-250 g per day

I have not lost weight yet with primal eating but feel amazing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12