Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Small ladies and carbohydrate amounts

Shop Now
    my height ranges from 5'2"-5'4" depending on how well adjusted my spine is and how much sleep I've gotten

I've found that in the past, I could eat crap and junk and 300-500g of carbs/day without gaining a significant amount of weight (as in, it would take months to gain 2-3lbs - and a day or two of LC to lose it, though realistically, I wasn't eating extreme carbs like that daily)... I know this because of a previous way-of-eating endeavour, so I'm not 100% sure it applies in your situation, but I DID want to share.

Now, primally speaking, I can eat a crapload of sweet potatoes (even regular potatoes) and veggies and whatnot before I start gaining... I could probably eat a potato (or half a sweet potato, the ones I get are usually big!) daily and be fine, but I'm working on losing fat at the moment, so I keep it to smaller portions.

jeez, I sound like a rambling idiot... I don't know if any of that made sense, but I hope something I said helped.

A potato daily is not really that much carbohydrate, is it? If the rest of the day is LC would the overall count even reach 100g?

hehe... like I said, I'm a rambling idiot... or at least I play one on the internet sometimes...

so, a potato has something like 60g of carbs? yes?
    I think I meant more ADDING a potato to whatever you'd do for weight loss.... so like if 60g of carbs/day keeps me losing, adding a potato would make that 120g carbs/day... which I wouldn't really consider LC... but I *personally* might still be able to lose, even at that rate.

I'm 55, 5'2", maintain around 107 lbs. on about 1500 calories a day.

I GAIN weight if I go below around 50g of carbs a day, even on a restricted calorie diet (less than 1200/day).

Around 75-80g of carbs a day seems ideal for me. I'm pretty active. I do Crossfit workouts 2-3 days a week, Olympic weight lifting once a week, powerlifting once a week. I hike/mountain bike/ski/snowboard/snowshoe one day a week (depending on the season), and I throw in a session of sprints every week or two.

The only time my energy levels have gone down is when I tried the "eat MOAR fat" thing and was under 50g of carbs and under 1300 calories a day.

I'm amazed at the quantity of food that others here in the forum eat (who are about my size). I guess I'm just unlucky...

I'm in my twenties, 5'3", sometimes 5'4", and maintain at 150-160lbs on 3000 calories/day on average. I lift weights 2x/week and sprint 1x/week, and on those days I will usually have about 150-200g carbs. Other days I'm close to 100-150g. I average about 6 hours of walking every week, for my other activity.

20 years old, 5'5" and probably around 125 lbs... I've stopped counting my carbs but I'd say I average around 150g carbs a day. I'm not that active (walking a few times a week, occasional bike ride, occasional lifting) but I do a lot of yoga which I can tell speeds my metabolism.

26 5'2, 115 and about 18%bf. very active

I eat more carbs when I've had a more difficult workout or when my time of the month is approaching and I feel sluggish. I d t limit carbs, and I don't track numbers. I always stick w sweet potatoes, acorn squash, butternut squash and others like this. I have atleast one a day, if not more.

Shop Now
    5" 3" 43 yrs old 133 lbs new to primal eating and have not been tracking carbs but I just took the time to figure out what I've been eating and I would say typically I am aroung 100 g per day but on a low day (about once a week) I would hit 200-250 g per day

I have not lost weight yet with primal eating but feel amazing