Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: EAT MOAR EGGS! Heh? page

Gorbag is offline Senior Member

EAT MOAR EGGS! Heh?

Shop Now
    OK, here comes my own special fad diet; Gorbags Egg diet(TM)!!! Basically it goes like this; One egg and one extra egg white for every 10 pound of bodyweight per day. My bodyweight is 210 lb., so in my case I can eat 21 whole eggs and 21 extra egg whites per day. I am allowed to eat less eggs but not more. This I will eat for four days per week, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. On Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday I will eat half of this, = 11 whole eggs and 11 egg whites AND 3 pound of potatoes. The potatoes are for these three weekdays only. On this diet you can have as much dietCoke, tea, coffee as you like and also one cube of chicken/beef broth per day or a little plain gelatin powder. Also use sparingly: salsas, splenda, soy sauce, tabasco, salt, spices/herbs, etc. A splash of milk in your coffee is also allowed. That’s practically everything to it!

So what do you guys think – is this a sustainable way to lose some pound of weight? The diet combines eggs with potatoes on three of the weekdays to get some carbs to fuel exercises and fill up the glycogen a little.

Anyway, I am starting out on Monday and I am going to try this for four weeks only. I am 50 years old and hope to lose 8-10 lb. of body fat by doing this. At the moment today my body weight is 210.2 lb. and I am 187 cm tall. I am doing resistance training and some running most of the week days.

Here is a photo taken of my waistline from yesterday. After finishing the diet I will post another to see if there is some improvement to notice:

DSC01853.jpg

otzi Guest
    You should try it with 50 eggs! No man can eat 50 eggs, though.

Dirlot is online now Senior Member
    I am worried about what is happening to all those tasty egg yokes you are throwing away!?!?
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Dosn't a fairy die every time someone waste an egg yolk?
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    Egg whites?

Just eat the whole egg and stop this wasteful nonsense.

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    I get dibs on the all-liver diet! I'm going to try eating liver only when I'm hungry, and that should supply me with enough micronutrients until the next time I eat. Plus, there are carbs, protein, and fat, so it's a complete food!

Terry H is offline Senior Member
    I double-dare you! Or are you...............CHICKEN!

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    I get dibs on the all-liver diet! I'm going to try eating liver only when I'm hungry, and that should supply me with enough micronutrients until the next time I eat. Plus, there are carbs, protein, and fat, so it's a complete food!
    Liver. I am glad you posted. That is what I will have for dinner, I was needing more protein. I have been trying to eat liver once a week, but havent yet this week. Thanks!
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    Liver. I am glad you posted. That is what I will have for dinner, I was needing more protein. I have been trying to eat liver once a week, but havent yet this week. Thanks!
    You're welcome!

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    You should try it with 50 eggs! No man can eat 50 eggs, though.

Hehe, on my egg diet you must be a 500 pound superheavyweight guy to be allowed to eat that much! But you don't have to do it in one sitting; you can spread it out on at least 5 meals per day!

Seriously though: Breakdown of calories on Gorbags egg diet™: Monday/Tuesday/Thursday and Friday is as following: 21 eggs for a 210 pound and physically active person(Myself!):
    Calories from 21 eggs: 1616 kcal
    Calories from 21 egg whites: 336 kcal
    Calories from 1 cube of broth: 40 kcal
    Calories from 14 gram of gelatin powder: 56 kcal
    Calories from 10 gram of cod liver oil: 90 kcal
    Calories from splash of milk/lime-juice/spices/Splenda etc.: around 100 kcal
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    = Total: 2’238 Calories per day

My energy expenditure is estimated to be on an average of 3'300 kcal per day – I am pretty active - so I will be in an energy deficit of around 1062 kcal on Monday/Tuesday/Thursday and Friday. (3’300 kcal – 2’238 = 1’062 kcal)

Breakdown on calories on Gorbags egg diet™ on Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday is as following:
    Calories from 11 eggs: 847 kcal
    Calories from 11 egg whites: 176 kcal
    Calories from 3 lb. of potatoes: 1170 kcal
    Calories from 1 cube of broth: 40 kcal.
    Calories from 14 gram of gelatin powder: 56 kcal
    Calories from 10 gram of cod liver oil: 90 kcal
    Calories from splash of milk/limejuice/spices/Splenda etc: 100 kcal
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    = Total 2’479 Calories per day.

I will be in an energy deficit around 821 kcal on Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday. (3’300 – 2’479 kcal = 821 kcal)

Summa total: this gives 16’389 calories per week and an average of 2’341 calories per day. The average deficit will then be 3’300 – 2’341 = 959 kcal per day! Theoretically that gives a loss of 6’713 kcal per week, which is close to a loss of 2 lb. of bodyfat! So in this setup I have estimated a fat-loss around 2 lb per week, that's my plan from monday and four weeks ahead, to lose at least 8 pound maybe 10 of bodyfat!
    Last edited by Gorbag; 11-10-2012 at 02:35 PM.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast