Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: EAT MOAR EGGS! Heh? page 6

Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    I'd just like to pop a little note in here...

I once read a hack thread where a bunch of ladies were eating only eggs to break a stall or whatever... quick weight loss and all that jazz... and it worked, BUT...

Or rather BUTT...
    No one stuck to it for very long because there was a very specific side effect for many of them. Diarrhea. Screaming yellow, if you don't get to a bathroom NOW your just might crap your pants diarrhea.
    Just something to watch for.
    Maybe don't trust a fart while you are in public for the next few days... especially while at the gym lifting.

I have never eaten a very egg heavy diet since going Primal/Paleo because of reading that thread. LOL
    Upside is you get your sprints in.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    Upside is you get your sprints in.
    <giggles>
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

tom05 is offline Member
    This and all the other "EAT MOAR (insert food item here)" diets springing up all over the forum totally confuse me. I can understand that people are looking for quick weight loss yesterday, but why are you so quick to deviate away from the paleo lifestyle?

So many studies show the yoyo effect of fad diets, the fact that they have low compliance rates and promote binging, and do not promote healthy lifestyle habits for the future. Isn't it better to practice the paleo lifestyle, eating a broad variety of healthy foods, managing sleep, getting some exercise and play and letting your body naturally adjust to where it wants to be?

Sure, you can create a calorie deficit from eating only potatoes, or only eggs, or whatever, but at what expense? How much of that is muscle loss, or bone density? How much work are you going to have to put in post diet to get yourself back at a truly healthy base-line? Creating a calorie deficit to make yourself miserable for 2-3 weeks doesn't do anything to correct the habits that got the weight on in the first place.

If a calorie deficit is so important to you, then why not just follow paleo? By nature, if you are eating the right foods, it is highly satiating and creates a calorie deficit, without the monotony of eating only one food or reducing your vitamin and mineral intake. Plus it tastes a hell of a lot better.

The other thing that stumps me is why you went out and binged before you started the diet? that's contradictory to what you set out to achieve and at that point, you hadn't done anything to warrant the celebration or "reward" factor. I'd focus more on controlling access and cravings to these types of foods first.

I just don't understand why people come to this forum and suggest a diet strategy that flies in the face of the very forum they are writing it on.

Don't mean to offend anyone, but it seems like you are taking an unhealthy approach towards your goals, and with such amazing (free) information at your fingertips on this website.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tom05 View Post
    This and all the other "EAT MOAR (insert food item here)" diets springing up all over the forum totally confuse me. I can understand that people are looking for quick weight loss yesterday, but why are you so quick to deviate away from the paleo lifestyle?

So many studies show the yoyo effect of fad diets, the fact that they have low compliance rates and promote binging, and do not promote healthy lifestyle habits for the future. Isn't it better to practice the paleo lifestyle, eating a broad variety of healthy foods, managing sleep, getting some exercise and play and letting your body naturally adjust to where it wants to be?

Sure, you can create a calorie deficit from eating only potatoes, or only eggs, or whatever, but at what expense? How much of that is muscle loss, or bone density? How much work are you going to have to put in post diet to get yourself back at a truly healthy base-line? Creating a calorie deficit to make yourself miserable for 2-3 weeks doesn't do anything to correct the habits that got the weight on in the first place.

If a calorie deficit is so important to you, then why not just follow paleo? By nature, if you are eating the right foods, it is highly satiating and creates a calorie deficit, without the monotony of eating only one food or reducing your vitamin and mineral intake. Plus it tastes a hell of a lot better.

The other thing that stumps me is why you went out and binged before you started the diet? that's contradictory to what you set out to achieve and at that point, you hadn't done anything to warrant the celebration or "reward" factor. I'd focus more on controlling access and cravings to these types of foods first.

I just don't understand why people come to this forum and suggest a diet strategy that flies in the face of the very forum they are writing it on.

Don't mean to offend anyone, but it seems like you are taking an unhealthy approach towards your goals, and with such amazing (free) information at your fingertips on this website.
    I'm with you 100%...
    I asked this same question way back when the first potato thread was in it's gestational stage (i.e. before it was fully formed as it's own separate thread(s)...)

But then again I don't believe in *one magical number on the scale to make my life perfect* and I do believe that *slow and steady wins the race* even though this whole thing, the Primal/Paleo thing that is, *is a journey not a destination*.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

lambchop is offline Senior Member
    maybe don't trust a fart while you are in public for the next few days...
    rofl

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    I'd just like to pop a little note in here...

I once read a hack thread where a bunch of ladies were eating only eggs to break a stall or whatever... quick weight loss and all that jazz... and it worked, BUT...

Or rather BUTT...
    No one stuck to it for very long because there was a very specific side effect for many of them. Diarrhea. Screaming yellow, if you don't get to a bathroom NOW your just might crap your pants diarrhea.
    Just something to watch for.
    Maybe don't trust a fart while you are in public for the next few days... especially while at the gym lifting.

I have never eaten a very egg heavy diet since going Primal/Paleo because of reading that thread. LOL
    No farting or smelly gasses here, but when I went to the bathroom Tuesday the feces left me as a soup so to say, but nothing on the other days! When I take my shake consisting of raw Egg & Coke-Zero I notice some strange “rumbling” in my stomach for a minute, but nothing more happens. So, I am doing just fine in eating the eggs so far…

Quote Originally Posted by camel View Post
    Must be nice to have cooks and assistants to help you with your meals. If I had access to that I would get them to make me yummy, healthy meals!
    That's one of the good things by living in South America camel, some of us are still more dependent on other persons than machines. The bad thing is that I can't buy egg whites directly in carton here, so I need a person to separate the eggs...

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Just so there's no misunderstanding, the eat MOAR meat thread was not a single-food crash diet thread but a celebration of eating good, healthy meat in satisfying portion sizes.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 210 x 3

Deviate away from the paleo lifestyle, heh? Eggs high in fat and high in Proteins seem pretty paleo to me, and I am not dieting on bread or pasta after all! Look at it as a paleo experiment; Maybe Grok after killing and eating chickens learned to keep the hens alive and eat the eggs only for a while? Grok - the egg eater so to say! Not impossible that some paleo man has done something similar before me?

Calorie deficit is what works in all types of diets tom05, at least those diets that try to lose body fat! And my diet is not Egg only either, the diet is cycling with potatoes on tree of the weekdays to get some carbs to fuel my activities. Eggs are high on fat and protein, so I doubt that there will be much muscle loss by doing this.

Heard about glycogen loading tom05? After eating low carbs you cycle with high carbohydrate and low fat meals to saturate glycogen in your body – this will not be stored as body fat! I ate a lot of carbs for the weekend, yes, even white bread and spaghetti, which I have not tasted for months. Did I binge on them? No, and I ate them without any guilt whatsoever, but I noticed the bad effect wheat derivates have on my body the day after, so it also confirmed my faith and adherence to the paleo lifestyle by doing that…

Nothing is unhealthy by what I am doing, and I find it a bit odd that orthodox Paleo puritans think that eating eggs combined with potatoes should be somehow “Non-Paleo”? The “Raison d'être” behind this egg diet is to attack stubborn body fat for four weeks only, trying to keep as much lean body mass as possible. It’s a diet to aggressively attemting to lose fat, and then go back to a more normal paelo way of eating after finishing the experiment…
    Last edited by Gorbag; 11-15-2012 at 08:16 AM.

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Do you actually have 8-10 lbs of body fat to lose? From your pic you look like you are already pretty low BF.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast