Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: EAT MOAR EGGS! Heh? page 5

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    I get dibs on the all-liver diet! I'm going to try eating liver only when I'm hungry, and that should supply me with enough micronutrients until the next time I eat. Plus, there are carbs, protein, and fat, so it's a complete food!
    Liver... Mmmmm, liver.
    Liver and Gorbag's silly wasted egg yolks for a lovely sauce!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    No, I am not kidding about canned tuna in a Coke Zero shake, but it's not a favorite of mine. "All the nasty non-Primal chemicals"??? Is that aspartame, what else? I have been drinking that stuff for years and I love it, especially with a little fresh pressed lime juice! I have never liked Coke-light though...
    Yes, nasty chemicals. Aspartame is only one of the sweeteners involved. The other is acesulfamame-K Acesulfame-K Dangers | StopKillingMyKids.com

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Liver... Mmmmm, liver.
    Liver and Gorbag's silly wasted egg yolks for a lovely sauce!
    Now that is a fad diet I could go with. Perhaps with some brie for dessert.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Do you have knowledge about any diets for losing weight that don't have to create a calorie deficit???
    Well, I do know this little thing called the "Primal Blueprint..."

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    Well, I do know this little thing called the "Primal Blueprint..."
    A very good way of eating indeed, but are you implying that you can lose weight on Primal Blueprint without creating a calorie deficit?

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    A very good way of eating indeed, but are you implying that you can lose weight on Primal Blueprint without creating a calorie deficit?
    Just by virtue of the fact that it will reverse insulin imbalances and other issues, people starting out and keeping strictly to the plan WILL lose weight. If they are not, they may have deeper issues. On the other hand, if they are healthy already, from sustained primal eating, then they may have to put in a little extra effort.

Just by virtue of the fact that it will reverse insulin imbalances and other issues, people starting out and keeping strictly to the plan WILL lose weight.
    Yes, by going from a crappy diet high on prosessed junk that makes you crave more and more all the time to a healthy way of eating with far less prosessed junk, will inherently make you eat less. Thats how it works, you create a calorie deficit that works untill it is not a deficit any more and thereafter you stall! And then we have another issue:

On the other hand, if they are healthy already, from sustained primal eating, then they may have to put in a little extra effort.
    And that "little extra effort" is restricting your food - even primal food must then be restricted by eating less than before - then you will lose weight for some time untill you again stall, and new modifications must be made i.e. restricting the food intake even more. Thats how it works Drumroll...

OH, MY GAAWD! I am down from 212.3 lb. Monday morning to 208.4 lb. today Wednesday! Almost 4 pound of weight loss and in only 48 hours!!!

Hmmm, seriously though, I expected a lot more weight loss due to morning cardio for three days and two days of lifting! On similar diets before I have lost as much as 10 pound in the same timeframe, so what happened this time?

Probably I still have some glycogen left in my muscles and that I got super-compensated in the weekend due to excess carb eating (after depletion workout on Saturday!) to “celebrate” that I was going to start my new egg diet. Also, the scrambled eggs yesterday were very high on salt and doesn’t egg white also have a relative large amount of sodium? Remember that I eat 42 egg whites per day (21 whole eggs + 21 extra whites = 42 whites) I have also been drinking 2 liter of plain soda-water that contain lots of sodium and taken some of the sea salt that I keep on my desk, so that’s probably the reason why I haven’t lost more: water-retention primarily from sodium and weekend carbs!

I have kept my eating plan so far and today I had planned to do “only” 11 whole eggs + 11 extra egg whites & 3 lb. of potatoes. I have changed that for this first week only, I will continue to eat the same as Monday and Tuesday until Saturday when I do my carbup as stipulated. So, no carbup today, let’s see if I will be punished and “meet the wall” in the gym or morning cardio then? Sure I must be punished for this in one of the coming days!

Anyway, Eggs are great food, tasty and good for fat loss so EAT MOAR EGGS I say, or whatever…

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like you are doing great.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

camel is offline Senior Member
    Must be nice to have cooks and assistants to help you with your meals. If I had access to that I would get them to make me yummy, healthy meals!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'd just like to pop a little note in here...

I once read a hack thread where a bunch of ladies were eating only eggs to break a stall or whatever... quick weight loss and all that jazz... and it worked, BUT...

Or rather BUTT...
    No one stuck to it for very long because there was a very specific side effect for many of them. Diarrhea. Screaming yellow, if you don't get to a bathroom NOW your just might crap your pants diarrhea.
    Just something to watch for.
    Maybe don't trust a fart while you are in public for the next few days... especially while at the gym lifting.

I have never eaten a very egg heavy diet since going Primal/Paleo because of reading that thread. LOL
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast