Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: EAT MOAR EGGS! Heh? page 4

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    What??? The diet is not that "serious" but it's not a "joke" either! If it doesen't work, I will modificate along the road, but I intend to start out as outlined above. I love eggs though...

No, seriously, I thought you were joking and actually making fun of of the single food diets by sarcastically offering an egg version. Glad you love eggs! If you start getting gassy I feel sorry for the people around you... it's going to smell like hell.
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    If I, God forbid, should fail on Gorbags egg diet(TM), I may try your all-liver diet next time sakura_girl...
    Good, as long as you give me the credit in the end

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jojohaligo View Post
    No, seriously, I thought you were joking and actually making fun of of the single food diets by sarcastically offering an egg version. Glad you love eggs! If you start getting gassy I feel sorry for the people around you... it's going to smell like hell.
    Thanks for warning me jojohaligo! I have tried to eat 12 eggs in one sitting before and I can't remember any gass from that meal. Even if I love eggs, it is not that sure I will love them after doing this diet for a while, but I have incalculated that possibility to happen, so maybe lack of appetite from too much eggs will create a larger calorie deficit than planned?

Anyway, tomorrow I start and here is the break-down of the macros from Fitday. High fat and high protein for monday, very Primal:

Food Name Amount Unit Cals Fat (g) Carbs (g) Prot (g) Delete
    Egg, whole, boiled
    21 1,621 111.0 11.7 131.6
    Gelatins, dry powder, unsweetened
    14 gram 56 0.0 0.0 14.0
    Spices, cinnamon, ground
    2 ts 12 0.1 3.7 0.2
    Soup, chicken broth cubes, dehydrated, prepared with water
    1 cube 15 1.2 1.1 0.7
    Lime juice
    60 gram 13 0.1 4.0 0.1
    Egg, white only, raw
    21 360 1.2 5.1 75.5
    Fish oil, cod liver
    1 tbls 123 13.6 0.0 0.0
    Milk, skimmed
    200 gram 54 0.6 8.2 5.7

Grams Calories %-Cals
    Calories 2,254
    Fat 127.8 1,153 51 %
    Saturated 38.0 343 15 %
    Polyunsaturated 18.1 163 7 %
    Monounsaturated 49.7 448 20 %
    Carbohydrate 33.8 120 5 %
    Dietary Fiber 2.7
    Protein 227.9 986 44 %
    Alcohol 0.0 %
    Fat
    (51
    %)
    Carbs
    (5
    %)
    Protein
    (44
    %)
    Alcohol
    (0
    %)

A little additional "extras" like Splenda powder is still not calculated, maybe 50 kcal or so...
    Last edited by Gorbag; 11-11-2012 at 06:53 PM.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    I had a cousin in the 80's, maybe 70's - it's all one big blurr - anyways she lost a lot of weight on boiled eggs. I don't know if she ate anything else, boiled eggs was the only answer I ever got.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    I had a cousin in the 80's, maybe 70's - it's all one big blurr - anyways she lost a lot of weight on boiled eggs. I don't know if she ate anything else, boiled eggs was the only answer I ever got.
    Maybe one of the egg diets from Gironda? I think he recommended up to 30 eggs on one of his diets...

Edit: Very interesting, I checked and found that Vince Gironda had a special diet of 36 fertile hen-eggs a day, along with raw (unhomogenized, unpasteurized) milk. I guess this was not a diet for leaning out though...
    Last edited by Gorbag; 11-12-2012 at 08:08 AM.

Today is the first day on my egg diet, so I had a little celebration in the week-end, overeating on all kind of crap foods, even spaghetti and white bread! Not very primal I know, so I had to pay for my sins this morning, when I went for my beach walk full of gas so to say…

This morning I have been drinking black coffee, some Coke Zero and also cold water. It is made ready four glass of gelatin made from plain gelatin powder, Coke Zero and lime juice, to suppress cravings after sweets. I have some high quality sea salt on my desk in case of salt cravings, and I also drink chicken broth with green tea and tabasco sauce if that happens.

My first meal “break-fast” – is at 2PM in my office, and will be a pre-workout meal since I am going to the gym 4PM. I have instructed my office assistant Diana to make me a shake of 4 raw eggs and 4 raw egg whites in cold Coke Zero with a splash of lime juice. Remember that all the gas must be removed from the Coke Zero before putting in the eggs, just saying…

Second meal: 6 PM, post-workout meal in my home, 6 eggs and 10 extra egg whites. I prepare this by cooking everything in a casserole with a cup of water, Splenda, Cinnamon, and also a little skimmed milk. I use a spoon to mix it in the casserole and make sure that it doesn’t burn. Do not cook only heat it well! When mixed the color of the liquid egg soup should be light yellow. When continuing to heat, suddenly the color changes to creamy white and the consistence will be like white sauce. When that happens; I pour everything into a steel-thermos and shake it well. This creamy stuff I then drink, a sweet tasty shake, very tasty in my opinion!

Third meal: 8 PM, Dinner: Scrambled eggs from 6 eggs and four extra egg whites, salt, oregano and hot tabasco sauce!

Fourth meal: 10 PM, Supper: Egg porridge from 5 eggs and 3 extra egg whites. I prepare it like the second meal but now I cook it for a longer time until the eggs turn into porridge or a pudding if I am lucky. A bit tricky to get it right, but remember to use the spoon to avoid burning, that’s very important! No use of steel-thermos for this! I eat the eggs with cinnamon and Splenda powder…

So that’s pretty much what I am going to eat today and also tomorrow Tuesday…

Paleobird Guest
    You're mixing eggs with Coke Zero? Ewwwww. What a way to ruin good eggs.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    You're mixing eggs with Coke Zero? Ewwwww. What a way to ruin good eggs.
    It's really not that bad madame Paleobird, or maybe you have tried it yourself? Maybe not Haute cusine exactly, but not bad at all! When not on a strict diet, I use to add two table spoon of brewers yeast to the Egg-Coke shake and that tastes pretty awful to put it mildly. Brewers yeast is unfortunately not allowed on this egg diet because it spikes your appetite.

Have you ever tried canned tuna in a Coke Zero shake? That's far worse than raw eggs I say...

Paleobird Guest
    It's really not that bad madame Paleobird, or maybe you have tried it yourself? Maybe not Haute cusine exactly, but not bad at all! When not on a strict diet, I use to add two table spoon of brewers yeast to the Egg-Coke shake and that tastes pretty awful to put it mildly. Brewers yeast is unfortunately not allowed on this egg diet because it spikes your appetite.

Have you ever tried canned tuna in a Coke Zero shake? That's far worse than raw eggs I say...
    Please tell me you're kidding. Coke Zero tastes vile enough on its own (not to mention all the nasty non Primal chemicals involved). Blech.

But I do love eggs. I have 6 of them for breakfast most days.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Please tell me you're kidding. Coke Zero tastes vile enough on its own (not to mention all the nasty non Primal chemicals involved). Blech.
    No, I am not kidding about canned tuna in a Coke Zero shake, but it's not a favorite of mine. "All the nasty non-Primal chemicals"??? Is that aspartame, what else? I have been drinking that stuff for years and I love it, especially with a little fresh pressed lime juice! I have never liked Coke-light though...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast