Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: EAT MOAR EGGS! Heh? page 3

Daydreamer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I don't get why you don't just reach the same calories intake with different types of food.
    It's very close to my maintenance kcal and you can easily do very very very tasty meals with that kind of alotment.
    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

jakey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    I don't get why you don't just reach the same calories intake with different types of food.
    It's very close to my maintenance kcal and you can easily do very very very tasty meals with that kind of alotment.
    you're absolutely right, all of these one-item diets are ridiculous, be they potatoes or eggs. or whatever.

Yeah, at least the potato diet had some "magical" explanation to it and all, but here you get many types of macro nutrients.
    Why don't you just eat fatty and protein items on the days you eat only eggs+egg whites and add the potatoes/veggies on the days you get carbs ?

Is it to make you feel like you're dieting, so it's hard work and stuff ?
    Don't get it seriously.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    Don't get it seriously.

That's what I was thinking... it's a joke.
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, at least the potato diet had some "magical" explanation to it and all, but here you get many types of macro nutrients.
    Why don't you just eat fatty and protein items on the days you eat only eggs+egg whites and add the potatoes/veggies on the days you get carbs ?

Is it to make you feel like you're dieting, so it's hard work and stuff ?
    Don't get it seriously.
    Don't worry I do not take it serious at all! This is a FAD DIET, made up on eating of a relative large number of eggs - but less than in the video posted by Otzi! I do not have any illusion of creating a new way of sustainable eating.The "Raison d'Ítre" behind this diet is to try to get rid of 8-10 pound of stubborn bodyfat, and I am trying to achieve this by doing a boring but filling diet high in protein and fat to keep on to lean body mass and cycling inn carbs on three of the week days to fill up on glycogen. Yes it's a hybrid diet, but remember that the number of eggs are a maximum only, it is possible to eat less if the amount of eggs makes you fed up...
    Last edited by Gorbag; 11-11-2012 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jojohaligo View Post
    That's what I was thinking... it's a joke.
    What??? The diet is not that "serious" but it's not a "joke" either! If it doesen't work, I will modificate along the road, but I intend to start out as outlined above. I love eggs though...

Yes I understand what you want to achieve, but it'll only be a result of your calorie intake and macro ratios.
    And I was just saying that with the EXACT same ratio you could actually enjoy food better than that and still achieve your goal.

Yes I understand what you want to achieve, but it'll only be a result of your calorie intake and macro ratios.
    Of course, as every other diet known to mankind or do you know a diet that works independent of calorie intake?

And I was just saying that with the EXACT same ratio you could actually enjoy food better than that and still achieve your goal.
    Well, you are french and I guess you like to enjoy some tasty compound meals? The danger by that model is that it is more easy to overeat and there will be inherently more temptations in such a way of eating! A boring diet may work because there will be less risk of going astray by eating tasty dishes, and probably also less thinking about food...

Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    I get dibs on the all-liver diet! I'm going to try eating liver only when I'm hungry, and that should supply me with enough micronutrients until the next time I eat. Plus, there are carbs, protein, and fat, so it's a complete food!
    If I, God forbid, should fail on Gorbags egg diet(TM), I may try your all-liver diet next time sakura_girl...

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    My dad used to do an egg and laxative diet. He'd always lose a shitload of weight.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast