Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: EAT MOAR EGGS! Heh? page 2

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    I am worried about what is happening to all those tasty egg yokes you are throwing away!?!?
    Don't worry about that Dirlot! And that goes to everybody else that worries about the same: Unfortunately I cannot buy egg whites in carton here where I live, but the maid that work in my kitchen to separate the eggs, will use the egg yolks to make some very delicious mayonnaise. I give this mayonnaise to my family and friends so they can put it on their French fries and continue to live the kind of life they want to live!

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    That is just too many eggs for me. Plus not enough other stuff mixed in. But give it a go and let us know how long you can do it.

Also, I agree that it's a shame to throw out the egg yolks, even if you are giving them to someone else. That's the best part of the egg.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    That is just too many eggs for me. Plus not enough other stuff mixed in.
    This egg diet will be for maximum 4 weeks, and is not meant to be a long term solution. If you should dare try the diet some day, it would be 13 eggs and 13 egg whites for you, since you are at 133 lb bodyweight according to your information. I am cycling the eggs with potatoes, and that gives fibers and carbs on three of the week days, and will make sure that I am not entering deep ketosis.

Also, I agree that it's a shame to throw out the egg yolks, even if you are giving them to someone else.
    It's a local problem that I have, since I cannot buy egg whites only here. This is not a problem for people living in the USA or in most places in Europe I guess?

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I think I would rather just eat 13 eggs period, or even shoot for 26 whole eggs than bother with egg whites.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

I think I would rather just eat 13 eggs period, or even shoot for 26 whole eggs than bother with egg whites.
    By doing that you will be spinning your wheels by going too high on energy intake, and unfortunately lose the benefits of the calorie deficit from the diet...

tom05 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    By doing that you will be spinning your wheels by going too high on energy intake, and unfortunately lose the benefits of the calorie deficit from the diet...
    if a calorie deficit is your goal then why bother with the egg whites only? seems like a waste of the most delicious/nutritious part of the egg.

jakey is offline Senior Member
    vince gironda smiles.

Quote Originally Posted by tom05 View Post
    if a calorie deficit is your goal then why bother with the egg whites only? seems like a waste of the most delicious/nutritious part of the egg.
    Do you have knowledge about any diets for losing weight that don't have to create a calorie deficit???

Please read my posting above and you will also see that it is one whole eggs + one extra eggwhite per 10 pound of bodyweight on this diet for four of the week days and half of that on the three other days + potatoes...

Quote Originally Posted by jakey View Post
    vince gironda smiles.
    What? I know he had a few egg diets for different purposes and that he cycled with a free meal that includes carbs every 72 hours or so, but anything similar to this???

jakey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    What? I know he had a few egg diets for different purposes and that he cycled with a free meal that includes carbs every 72 hours or so, but anything similar to this???
    not really, but he was all about the two dozen egg a day diet. albeit, different... eggs and steak to your heart's content during the week, carb up on the weekends.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast