I winged this recipe last night when I was strapped for time. It tasted so good, even if I say so myself, and wanted to share the recipe with you all. I eyeballed the amount and what is listed below is an approximation so use your judgement when making it.

Ingredients:

Whole Chicken (I used Cornish Game Hen) - chopped into pieces

ghee (can be substituted w/ any other primal fat)

cinnamon - tiny piece

cloves - 2

One onion - chopped

One tomato - chopped

Mixed vegetables - 1-2 cups (I used a handful of cauliflower florets and some green beans)

Garlic - 3-4 cloves crushed

turmeric - 1/4 tsp

Ethiopian Berber spice Mix - 2 tsp

Coriander powder - 1 tsp

Coconut milk - 1/4 cup

Cilantro - 2 Tbs finely chopped

Water - 1.5 cups

salt and pepper to taste

Heat ghee in a pan and add cinnamon and cloves. When they turn fragrant add the crushed garlic, stir for a few seconds and add the chopped onions. When the onion turns translucent, add the turmeric and the tomato and stir well. When the tomato turns mushy add the chicken and fry for a minute or two. Then add the vegetables and the spice powders. Mix well. Add salt and ground pepper to taste. Add coconut milk and water and cover with a lid and cook on medium heat till the chicken is done and the vegetables are soft. Remove from heat and add chopped cilantro.

Notes:

- I used a pressure cooker and just threw in all the ingredients together and cooked for one whistle.

- Feel free to substitute the berber spice mix with any curry powder or cayenne/paprika.

- Chopping up the chicken was such a breeze, for, for the first time ever I didn't worry about trimming off all the visible fat.

ETA: Add a knob of crushed ginger in addition to/ in lieu of garlic for another dimension in flavor. You can omit cinnamon and cloves if not available at hand.

ETA2: I also added a stalk of lemon-grass (optional).