Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dr Oz Smack-down page

Artbuc is offline Senior Member

Dr Oz Smack-down

Shop Now
    This is old so many of you have probably seen it but I had to post it because I consider it a real bombshell. To hear Dr Weil say there is no evidence for the CW view that dietary fat causes obesity and hear him give such strong support for Taubes is huge. This helps explain why Dr Oz ambushed Taubes on on his TV show recently. I did not know they had a "TV history". Check out the expression on Oz's face when Weil says he is thin because of his genes not his diet.

Is Dr. Andrew Weil Now Championing The Cause Of High-Fat, Low-Carb Living? Jimmy Moore's Livin' La Vida Low Carb Blog
    Last edited by Artbuc; 11-10-2012 at 06:31 AM.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    First time I ever saw Dr. Oz quiet.

Velocity J is offline Member
    Weil's argument that Dr. Oz is "thin because he is a thin person" is pretty weak.

Artbuc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Velocity J View Post
    Weil's argument that Dr. Oz is "thin because he is a thin person" is pretty weak.
    Total mischaracterization of what Weil said.

Greg Rx is offline Senior Member
    I saw GT, AW, and Dr Oz on the Larry King show where Weil completely took Taubes side saying GCBC was required reading for all of his students. Dr Oz was dumbfounded. I tried to get the YouTube link but the full versions have been deleted and only biased edits remain.

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Rx View Post
    I saw GT, AW, and Dr Oz on the Larry King show where Weil completely took Taubes side saying GCBC was required reading for all of his students. Dr Oz was dumbfounded. I tried to get the YouTube link but the full versions have been deleted and only biased edits remain.
    So I googled those guys, because I don't know who is who (Gary Taubes, Andrew Weil). What is the significance of Weil being on Taubes side? Why is Oz dumbfounded?

M.
    Last edited by MEversbergII; 08-08-2013 at 08:37 AM.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MEversbergII View Post
    So I googled those guys, because I don't know who is who (Gary Taubes, Andrew Weil). What is the significance of Weil being on Taubes side? Why is Oz dumbfounded?

M.
    Taubes is the guy who wrong "Good Calories, Bad Calories" and founded the NuSi institute with Dr. Peter Attia. These people are proponents of the neuroendocrine hypothesis of obesity (That we get fat because something affects our bodies' ability to regulate energy partitioning appropriately)

Dr. Oz and Andrew Weil are Oprah-endorsed pushers of the conventional wisdom. Or so it had appeared. Until Weil unleashed his Taubesian fury on Dr. Oz. Dr. Oz also has oddly pointy ears and has probably had several face lifts.

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Dr. Oz and Andrew Weil are Oprah-endorsed pushers of the conventional wisdom. Or so it had appeared. Until Weil unleashed his Taubesian fury on Dr. Oz. Dr. Oz also has oddly pointy ears and has probably had several face lifts.
    Dr. Andrew Weil does NOT push CW. He's the antithesis of Dr. Oz in most ways. Oz is a sellout who pushes the pill of the moment. Weil seeks out natural solutions to illness through use of diet and exercise and natural living, primarily, and natural supplementation is secondary. He does not push the magic pill of the moment and, in fact, often recommends against them. He promotes the anti-inflammatory diet which is remarkably similar to Paleo, emphasizing whole organic foods and eschewing processed foods. Many of the habits he recommends are also remarkably paleo, such as getting out in nature and gardening.

I think it's inaccurate and completely unfair to categorize these two doctors in the same class. They aren't the same at all.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Wasn't there a story some time ago saying the Dr. Oz and his family have been eating a paleo diet for a long time? He doesn't follow the vast majority of his advice from the show.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Greg Rx is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    "Taubesian" I will have to remember this.
    The pointy ears are from epigenetic adaptation to his vegitarian diet. JK

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast