Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: reputable mail-order sources for wild/grass-fed meats? page

dsohei is offline Junior Member

reputable mail-order sources for wild/grass-fed meats?

Shop Now
    (is there already a list of links?)
    i'll start with 2...
    www.elkusa.com
    www.venisonamerica.com
    although i haven't ordered yet so i can't vouch for quality of meat or customer service...
    i live in sf bay, so i'd like to be as local as possible, but i'd also like to be as healthy as possible

KestrelSF is offline Senior Member
    dsohei:

I've found that Bi-Rite market over by Delores Park has a good selection of grass fed beef if you want to get it fresh. Also there is a meat place in the Ferry Building.

Jokaman70 is offline Senior Member
    When I can, I buy my stuff from US Wellness. The prices are OK, the products are solid, and it ships very quickly.
    I began this Primal journey on December 30th, 2009 and in that time I've lost over 125 LBS.

dsohei is offline Junior Member
    yes, i'm planning on checking out cafe rouge's meat market on 4th st. in berkeley and golden gate meat market in the ferry building.
    my preference though, is to eat non-bred animals. cows and lamb, etc, being dumbed down versions of the ancestral animal. bison and elk and deer, etc haven't been farmed into more domesticated creatures.
    what are people's thoughts on this? i.e. cows wouldn't be able to survive in the wild...

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    dsohei,
    Are you sure cows couldn't survive in the wild? Of course, there would be huge attrition initially, but just like pigs, and I suppose people, I think a few would survive to carry the species forward. Of course, soon they would stop LOOKING like domestic cattle but...
    Just a thought.

Suzan is offline Senior Member
    Better check the bison source very carefully. To my absolute horror, I've recently learned that some ranches are grain-finishing bison now. I even contacted Ted's Montana Grill, and the told me that they serve grain-finished bison. I gave them a little piece of my mind. BTW, North Star Bison is grass finished and reputable.

julietx is offline Junior Member

Texas Longhorns

Texas longhorn is a breed that roamed wild all over Texas in the 1800's. They still have the same rugged characteristics that living in the wild bred into them. There are some ranchers who sell grassfed longhorn meat on this page:

http://www.eatwild.com/products/texas.html

I've not used any of these sources, so I don't know how good they are.

Primal is offline Senior Member
    I've ordered with success from Slanker's before, and their prices are pretty good. Usually better than US Wellness and always better than La Cense.

emmie is offline Senior Member
    I buy regularly from US Wellness and North Star Bison. Both are fully grass fed and finished, provide a great product and excellent customer service.

norcalgal is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    i havent bought anything yet but i saw this one linked a while back. looks interesting, and ive had it bookmarked.

http://www.blackwing.com/
    "The first wealth is health."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast