Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal -- crunchyleaves page

crunchyleaves is offline Junior Member

Primal Journal -- crunchyleaves

Primal Fuel
    Hi
    Last edited by crunchyleaves; 01-28-2013 at 10:35 AM.

A few other things I am hoping to work on-
    -clearer skin
    -hoping my hair won't fall out so freaking much
    -TMI, but I would love to be more "regular"
    -less bloating and stomach grossness
    -not having swollen fingers (I love when my fingers are thin, I will paint my nails all the time)

Woke up this morning and weighed myself. Have gained soooo much weight this last little bit since eating has been on a major major skid. Ugh. I am 5'7.5'' and was 154.9 this morning. My goal weight is between 130-135 but really I just want to be leaner. Number not as important to me.

Going to try and fast today to make up for the crappiness lately. I would love to hear about other peoples' fasting routines, if there is such a thing. Also what is the general concensus here about distance running? I know chronic cardio is generally a bad thing, but if I eat properly while doing so, does that make it better? Any input would be great, thanks!! Have a good Saturday!!

Well no fasting today. Eating a salad with greens, chicken, peppers, onions, sunflower seeds, and berries. So far so good.

Giving up beer is going to be pretty tough for me-I love beer. Maybe start drinking wine when out socially.

And did yoga this morning for the first time since July!!! Was pretty tiring and I doubt I will feel it tomorrow. Going to go for a walk now, it's like 65 degrees

Should say no doubt I will feel the yoga tomorrow.....whoops

Ugh I am actually feeling sad at the thought of cutting out so much from my diet. But I know I will feel better in literally every way, right???? Freaking ridiculous. I need to tattoo "it's worth it" on both wrists or something

Yep definitely need that tattoo or something. This is reaaaallllyyyyy not going to be easy for me ate crappily tonight. Will start with yoga tomorrow again and have a better day of eating.

like this.
    Last edited by crunchyleaves; 01-28-2013 at 10:40 AM.

Ok well I have had a shitty night of eating. Tomorrow needs to be better.

I have 65 days until the end of interviews, and by then boards will be done for me. So for the next 65 days I really need to buckle down, study, and take care of myself the absolute best I can. Otherwise I'll really regret it.

General guidelines for the next 65 days:
    1. Eat meat, fish, eggs, veg, fruit, nuts almost exclusively. I can bend the rule in social situations where it would be too awkward.
    2. Yoga and stretching daily
    3. 20 pushups daily
    4. Walk or run 5 days a week
    5. Don't waste time online (except for this.....haha)
    6. STUDY damn it

Already deactivated facebook, go me!

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crunchyleaves View Post
    Ok well I have had a shitty night of eating. Tomorrow needs to be better.

I have 65 days until the end of interviews, and by then boards will be done for me. So for the next 65 days I really need to buckle down, study, and take care of myself the absolute best I can. Otherwise I'll really regret it.

General guidelines for the next 65 days:
    1. Eat meat, fish, eggs, veg, fruit, nuts almost exclusively. I can bend the rule in social situations where it would be too awkward.
    2. Yoga and stretching daily
    3. 20 pushups daily
    4. Walk or run 5 days a week
    5. Don't waste time online (except for this.....haha)
    6. STUDY damn it

Already deactivated facebook, go me!
    Hi Crunchyleaves, it seems to me that you are really hard on yourself. You have a lot going on, much stress and you are such a high achiever. I do believe that most of the other areas in your life will become easier to cope with when you get established in a healthy lifestyle, but it is a journey that does not have to happen all at once.

I would suggest you focus on your #1 goal - it is an excellent place to start. Your healthy meals will fuel your study. Number 2a, 2b &3 - maybe choose just one of these for now. Leave #4 altogether. #5 is a negative, not a goal and #6 is important but that really is no way to talk to yourself.

Now, what are you going to eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner tomorrow? The options are endless and delicious, you probably want simple (for now) but they should be good enough to look forward to, not be pining for the items that are offlimits.
    Last edited by Annieh; 11-10-2012 at 07:49 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast