Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by crunchyleaves View Post
    A few other things I am hoping to work on-
    -clearer skin
    -hoping my hair won't fall out so freaking much
    -TMI, but I would love to be more "regular"
    -less bloating and stomach grossness
    -not having swollen fingers (I love when my fingers are thin, I will paint my nails all the time)
    You don't need to "work on" these things, they will be a natural outcome of your healthy eating and living.

Quote Originally Posted by crunchyleaves View Post

Going to try and fast today to make up for the crappiness lately. I would love to hear about other peoples' fasting routines, if there is such a thing. Also what is the general concensus here about distance running? I know chronic cardio is generally a bad thing, but if I eat properly while doing so, does that make it better? Any input would be great, thanks!! Have a good Saturday!!
    Fasting cannot compensate for poor nutrition. Good nutrition can.
    Good nutrition cannot compensate for overexercise. Adequate rest and sleep can.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    crunchyyyyyyyyyyyy

you can do itttttt! woooooo!

stock up on foods that match what you're crapping out on. sweet foods? get some fruit. salty foods? get jerky or something equally salty

and be gentle on yourself, you got a lot going on
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

crunchyleaves is offline Junior Member
    Hey hey, thank you so much Annieh and bloodorchid for your comments. I really appreciate it!! I will be gentle on myself. Most likely being gentle on myself means, in part, eating really well, right?????

Got lots of sleep last night. Did yoga and stretched this morning however finished the rest of the junk from yesterday. Soooo seeing as I have no food, will go grocery shopping today for lots of healthy foods. And study.

My arms are sore today and I love it. Hopefully can go for a walk today, the weather is great here.

Soooo I have been reading other people's journals quite a bit this weekend. And they make me realize I need to be HAPPY for my health, relationships, school/potential future job. I honestly think that some of my self sabotaging behaviors comes from feelings of guilt for having a rosy life. Annoying. Time to relax and be happy about all that I have.

Got some solid studying done today, yay for me! Did not make it out for a walk or run but that is not a big deal right now. Still need to go grocery shopping for better foods. Will start posting foods tomorrow.

Still feels soooo great to be sore.

Yay for the study. Now for the food to fuel the next lot. Happy shopping.

Again thank you so much Annieh! Very much appreciated. I should start cooking some of the delicious-sounding things you mention in your journal. If I eat that well then I know I won't be tempted to go back.

Grocery shopping was good. Eggs, bacon, tilapia, avocados, veggies, sweet potatoes. Yumm.

freedom.please is offline Senior Member
    Crunchyleaves - thanks for having stopped in on my journal, thought I would compare and read a little of yours. It does sound like we have a lot in common, I have also ran a couple half marathons and wish to run a full sometime. I think we are both a little bit perfectionists? Maybe even people pleasers? Hopefully this primal journey works for both of us! If your ever feeling down and need a motivational boost, just give a shout out, only people who have similar issues seem to understand... My new goal is to accomplish past a whole week of being primal, seems I go a week and crash, I also am setting the goal to lose 5 pounds in the next 5 weeks... We can have what we want from this life , or so I believe, and the only ones really stopping us is ourselves. Lets keep working at it
    "Never regret. If it's good, its wonderful. If it's bad its experience"
    -Victoria Hold
    F/Age 21 height 5' 3"
    HW 134
    CW 124
    GW 120

sarasue624 is offline Senior Member
    Crunchyleaves hi there!

I'm not as perfectionist/obsessive as you but I am also in a high-stress academic environment. If you have some spare time (ha, I know) peruse the "willpower" threads on here. There wasn't one post in particular, but reading through them totally changed how I view trying to eat well while also studying well and performing well and exercising well and looking well and socializing well and... well, you know.

Keeping good food more convenient than the food I don't want to eat goes a long way.

And I agree with the others who jumped in and told you not to fast - at least not until you're completely adapted to eating this way and maybe not at all due to your history.

Good luck!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast