Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Facebook luddite page 5

Paleobird Guest
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I'm a psychopath and unemployable? Oh, good grief.
    I don't have FB, I don't tweet, I don't have a cell phone, or cable TV. It's a good thing I don't have to worry about being employable. I can just go off and be a psychopath in peace then.

girlhk is offline Senior Member
    For me it's a necessarily evil. There was a time when I found it pointless and silly, and deactivated my account for years (joined in college when it was new). My siblings persuaded me to rejoin, which I did, because I do want to stay in touch with them and accepting that they're too lazy to email or call or visit. But will happily send msgs on fb. So now I use it to stay in touch with friends and family. Sometimes when I'm really bored I click around and read about people I haven't talked to in years. Kinda scary actually...

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by girlhk View Post
    My siblings persuaded me to rejoin, which I did, because I do want to stay in touch with them and accepting that they're too lazy to email or call or visit. But will happily send msgs on fb.
    (highlighted phrase bolded my me)

girlhk, even though I don't FB, I really have to give you kudos for making the effort. When I read your post, I actually got really upset for you... I am not even sure how to put it, but FAMILY that won't phone OR visit OR email?!?! Somehow I can't wrap my head around that.

My first inclination would be to say "screw them!" if they were my people. That probably makes you a better soul than I. I think it is the fact that your siblings evidently cannot be bothered to take the time to engage with you specifically and individually by searching you out for a visit or phone call to actually show you they value you.

I can understand getting wrapped up in one's life - happens to me as I raise my special-needs kid - but still... Wow.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    RESIST SB!
    Not to worry. I've already lost interest again.

Hmm. Does not doing facebook count as "when primal has gone too far?"
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I don't have a cell phone or cable tv either. Nor Facebook. Well, that's not true, I have a FB account that I set up when a friend of mine had his second grandchild, but after two pics of the kid, I never went back. That was so many years ago that I don't remember the password.

I'm not worried about employability since I have enough people worried that I'm becoming a shut-in that I could probably get mental disability fairly easily. Sometimes it pays to be crazy... er... eccentric.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345