Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Facebook luddite page 3

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanC View Post

Not to mention sucking time and your phone's battery... I'm a little tired of my phone (and my data plan) telling me that someone "liked" a photo that someone else tagged that had me in it or something. Like I care?

AC
    You can turn off notifications on your phone AND in facebook.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Grok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    Oh, so you're a Google employee, are you?
    Clever humor is funny.

Paleobird Guest
    I had an FB account for about two weeks once (at the urging of my sister who wanted me to be able to see her photos without going through the arduous task of actually sending me an email). I came to the conclusion that FB is the single biggest waste of time yet invented. I took my profile down. Not worth the time.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    It is possible to join and not have it take over your life. I find it useful to keep in contact with friends without which I never would have kept in touch.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post
    It is possible to join and not have it take over your life. I find it useful to keep in contact with friends without which I never would have kept in touch.
    You must be a very special person
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

gempdx44 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post
    Agreed. Like anything, it is what you make of it. I've had fun reconnecting with old friends that I had lost touch with over the years.
    "For the great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie—deliberate, contrived, and dishonest—but the myth—persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic ... we enjoy the comfort of opinions without the discomfort of thought."
    ---John F. Kennedy

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    I have an account that I never use. All friend requests are ignored. I only log in to check on DD or look at the FB page of a business that interests me. I do think businesses on FB seems a bit unprofessional, though...idk...I'm old fashioned, I guess.

14yo DD informs me that FB is "only for old people now" and 21yo DS says "it's the new MySpace", so if you're cool, don't bother, lol.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

pace2race is offline Senior Member
    Twitter has made sports events awesome. Observations and comments get made by reporters that never make the news stories. Ditto for many breaking events around the area. It's kind of like listening to the police scanner used to be. FWIW, many of the loss of privacy things were also said about cordless telephones.

Jena is offline Senior Member
    Lol... some people are normal on fb and some are me. I waste so much time on there! I canceled my account t for a month and was so relieved, but my friends and family hounded me until I re-joined. I suppose I could just practice some restraint with my facebooking, but I am sure I won't.
    Cha-cha-cha changes.... turn and face the strange...

My journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread66276.html

PHaselow is offline Senior Member
    I initially joined to follow my 2 kids who had accounts. I've grown to like it. My friends are people I actually know personally or know from other aspects of my Internet life. I've *met* quite a few parents on-line from the Autism community. We are spread out everywhere. I appreciate the contact beyond forums. One of my friends is a soldier who I sent packages and letters to for a few years when he was deployed. We have never met face to face and probably never will. I find that awesome. I also am involved in a dog rescue with a FB account. Great way to stay connected with the dog fosters that email or texting just doesn't do.

I'm 47. It's fun. For 4 years I was stuck at home 40 hours a week while my son received therapy. I am a bit embarrassed to say it was my social life at times. It can suck you in and get quite ridiculous.

If you value your privacy then it isn't for you. I know many people who rarely use their accounts but have them for very specific purposes.

Twitter is stupid. I don't get it. Same with Pinterest. I have both accounts set up because of the dog rescue but I never use them.

Age 48
    Start date: 7-5-12
    5'3"
    121lbs
    GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
    Henri Frederic Amiel

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast