Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trx page

Pilatesmom is offline Member

Trx

Shop Now
    I see so much about crossfit on here, but never seem to hear about TRX, it's a heck of a workout, anyone try it? I recently have been certified to teach it and am amazed how quickly you can get stronger! Plus it's a great way to get your squats, push ups and pull ups in no matter your level when you start.

Mainer is offline Senior Member
    I have one for travel and enjoy it. When I am in town and able to go to the gym I tend to use the equipment, weights, and some bodyweight exercises. Thinking about going to TRX exercises for a full program starting this month, whether I am traveling or home.
    You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    I have one that I use as part of my routine.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    My wife got me one, though I don't use it too much. I just got access to a gym at work, so I've been doing more heavy lifting lately.

When I used it, the TRX was particularly helpful for rows, as that was the only exercise from CC that I couldn't do with other equipment. I expect I'll use it a lot more again when I don't have access to a gym.

Pilatesmom is offline Member
    There are a TON of things you can do with it besides rows. Push ups with suspended feet are great for core and the side planks, I am ashamed to say, kill me every time. My core should be better as a Pilates instructor, but TRX always seems to exploit my weak spots. I guess that is why I was surprised to not see it used more on here.

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    I love TRX! I take a 55 minute class once a week, my instructor makes it fun. I've been doing this for about 3 years. And I have one to use at home. Unfortunately I haven't done it in 4 weeks due to some kind of stuborn lung infection which laid me low energy wise as well as a horrible cough, pain and fever. I'm really going to pay for it in spades when I'm able to get back to it. The one exercise I hate most are the suspended lunges. I have horrible balance.
    Last edited by Lynna; 11-10-2012 at 04:55 AM.

Al_Kavadlo is offline Senior Member
    As a fan of bodyweight training and minimalist workouts, The TRX (and suspension trainers in general) are among the few pieces of equipment that I make use of.

I've been teaching TRX classes here in NYC for a couple years now - it's a great way to get newcomers (particularly women) into bodyweight strength training. In a typical TRX class there might be 10-12 women and 1-2 guys. Hear that, fellas? Go take a TRX class!
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

"You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    It's mostly women in our class. Out of 10 participants, there have been one or 2 fellows per 8 week session and believe me, some of them struggle with the workouts.

ang.monroe is offline Junior Member

TRX is all I use now

I use to work out with weights and weight machines but since getting a TRX 2 years ago, I use it exclusively now. You can do anything with it and work any part of your body. I love how balanced it makes your body too. Great addition to anyone's work out. I have a review and how I use it on my blog if you are interested. Good luck with your TRX.

Meghanner is offline Senior Member
    I have been using my TRX for about 5 years and LOVE it. I tried crossfit for about a year but found that hormonally the heavy lifting and group competitive environment stimulated my sympathetic nervous system way to much and I became a total insomniac.

I have done a variation on the "military" program for years and I find I can tweak the program to make it more or less challenging depending on how I'm feeling. It's easy to ramp up intensity by adding hops with leg movements, stand on an unstable surface while doing upper body work, change the angle of the system or do the movements SLOWLY.

Enjoy! I have attributed my TRX to helping me achieve the body I've always wanted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast