My struggle with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome has made me willing to try anything that might help. I cut gluten out of my diet recently and I have felt a slight increase in energy levels (even though I only started buying gluten-free cereal, bread, pasta and flour, so I'm still eating grains), so am curious to see how much better I can get. My only worry is how much it's going to cost. I'm a student and my partner works at a couple of pennies above minimum wage. We spend £180 per month on food and that's all we can afford with our income. I just don't see any way we can possibly buy that much meat and vegetables and eggs and things (especially if it's all to be free-range and not fed on corn) for only £180 per month for 2 people.

Can someone convince me it's possible?

Also, I'm not convinced I can give up cake. I'm known for my love of cake, to the point where I received 2 big cakes, a big tub of brownies and 12 cupcakes when I invited 7 people to my birthday party. There's also one week out of every month where it's more than your life's worth to tell me not to eat chocolate...