Thread: Primal novice page

Gayle96 is offline Junior Member

Cool Primal novice

Primal Fuel
    Hi
    I'm 43 and started primal nearly three weeks ago with the intention of losing a few pounds. After only a few days the higher energy levels and not feeling constantly tired spurred me on. Just finished reading the book and so much of it was light bulb moments. Losing weight is now a nice side effect (half a stone so far), the health benefits are enough to ensure that this is a change for life.

Cheers Mark!

Looking forward to reading how others have found primal

Gayle

Luked1421 is offline Junior Member
    Congratulations on your success Gayle!

beachrat is offline Senior Member
    Enjoy! Keep it up and have fun
    "If man made it, don't eat it." ..Jack LaLanne
    "It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are.
    If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong." ..Richard Feynman

beachrat's primal journal

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gayle96 View Post
    Looking forward to reading how others have found primal
    Gayle,
    I've lost 4 stone since March, taking it steady. I am now starting to do a bit more exercise to build up muscle and stamina. I've got some blubber left on me but I am the stage where I can concentrate more on burning fat rather than just letting it waste away by eating less calories.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Great start Gayle. Welcome and keep it up. I keep finding new perks to this way of eating and I write about them in my journal, check out my link if you like.

Gary Conway is offline Senior Member
    Awesome Gayle! There are so many great lightbulb moments in Mark's books :-)

Neely is offline Member
    After only a few days the higher energy levels and not feeling constantly tired spurred me on.
    Like a favourite stuck record!

I've only been living paleo/primal for about 3+ months (though I've done it solidly enough) but the amount of times I have read this (and felt it myself of course) is astounding! Anybody with any doubts such maybe try it for three whole days (out of their entire life) and see how they feel.

Three months on I'm a stone and a half lighter; leaner, fitter, stronger, happier - just all round completely fuller, living a richer experience - bouncing around on the frigging street, hopping on and off the curbs just because I am so full of it ------ yes I would say primal is going pretty OK thank you!!!

All the best.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely View Post
    Like a favourite stuck record!

I've only been living paleo/primal for about 3+ months (though I've done it solidly enough) but the amount of times I have read this (and felt it myself of course) is astounding! Anybody with any doubts such maybe try it for three whole days (out of their entire life) and see how they feel.

Three months on I'm a stone and a half lighter; leaner, fitter, stronger, happier - just all round completely fuller, living a richer experience - bouncing around on the frigging street, hopping on and off the curbs just because I am so full of it ------ yes I would say primal is going pretty OK thank you!!!

All the best.
    Way to go, Neely.

dianneazuma54 is offline Banned
    What are the pros and cons of a Border Collie?