Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Why so many fad diets on the forum lately? page 4

Leida is offline Senior Member
    As someone who tried it all except for potatoes only, the fad that actually worked were carb cycling and 'no fruit, nuts & dairy'. The later will probably work with nuts and dairy to be honest.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Mike in Virginia is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    And so I embarked upon my quest to eat nothing but potatoes for three straight years... and supplement with iodine!
    lmao and rofl. at the same time.
    Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    I think it is great when ppl have already figured out what works for them and either got in shape or stayed in shape to begin with. The ppl that have already arrived for the most part and can say, all you have to do is "this, kudos to them. For the rest of us, we are still trying to figure it out.

Yes, I can follow PB and get there, sure. When I lower the carbs which naturally increased the fat, and moderate protein, my weight loss slows down to 2-3lbs per month. Since March until October, trying to play it by the book, the PB book, I lost about 20lbs. That is not too bad, but the majority of that came the first few months while I was still trying to learn PB and the more I honed in on PB way of eating, the more the weight loss slowed until it was crawling at 0-2lbs per month.

So let's call it 2lbs. That means if I continued on the PB "general" path, I would be at my ideal weight in.....depending on my muscle and body composition... I should hit my ideal body in about... 3 - 5 more... years!! Forgive me for wanting to figure out a way to get there sooner - how silly of me.
    Last edited by gopintos; 11-09-2012 at 01:51 PM.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Okay guys this is just a thought.... I am not saying yay or nay to either parties.....but just a thought to provoke your neurons.......
    40,000 years ago we had a whole bunch of different races all over the world. Some skin colours were lilly white, some olive, some dark, and some black as black. (there may have been some yellow - but I cannot remember)LOL
    Lets start mixing these people up a little....... For all I know I might have african ancestors. I am lilly white, have a ski ramp nose, short stumpy fingers etc..... but after 40,000+ years of breeding, who knows ?????
    Last edited by NZ primal Gwamma; 11-09-2012 at 01:55 PM.
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Ignore potatoes. If you're a typical white person with good amounts of neanderthal ancestry, high-fat VLC is the way to go for most of us. If you're a pure sapiens, South African, etc., go for the starches, fine, for most of you. As a Neanderthal hybrid I've had terrible luck trying to add potatoes and starches back into my food menu. Diarrhea and bloating and binges, hunger that won't go away, etc. When I stay high-fat MOST of the time I have even energy, normal appetite, etc.

That's a fad. Adding potatoes to a high-fat diet.

But seriously. F potatoes. Even sweet potatoes, I'm learning. Not for super-white neanderthal peoples.
    sorry guys I meant to add this quote in above !!!! Ditsy Gwamma. I wonder where that ditsy stuff came from 'way back in the day'?
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Okay guys this is just a thought.... I am not saying yay or nay to either parties.....but just a thought to provoke your neurons.......
    40,000 years ago we had a whole bunch of different races all over the world. Some skin colours were lilly white, some olive, some dark, and some black as black. (there may have been some yellow - but I cannot remember)LOL
    Lets start mixing these people up a little....... For all I know I might have african ancestors. I am lilly white, have a ski ramp nose, short stumpy fingers etc..... but after 40,000 years of breeding, who knows ?????
    That's kinda what I was gonna say.

I reckon Knifegill is right that ancestory has a role in what particuar ratios you thrive on, but as we are 99% the same geans as a chimpanzee and I look more like a chimp than most you still are gonna have to be pretty drunk to mix us up. So I don't think you can rely on what you look like to determine what you will thrive on, you could be white an red haired and still be expressing genes that mean you thrive on fruit or be a native of africa and can trace your ancenstors back generations and express the genes that mean you thrive on VLC HF. You've got to experiment on your-self to find out, like I now know potoaes make me hungry, even though I'm from Irish stock
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    That means if I continued on the PB "general" path, I would be at my ideal weight in.....depending on my muscle and body composition... I should hit my ideal body in about... 3 - 5 more... years!!
    Sounds good to me. Why you in such a hurry? I'm two years in and still seeing changes in my body.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Sounds good to me. Why you in such a hurry? I'm two years in and still seeing changes in my body.
    Oh gee, I dont know Maybe cuz I have already been at it for almost a year? Maybe because my dad had a massive stroke, kidney failure, diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and died at the age of 59. Maybe it is because my mother died from cancer at the age of 44. I have already outlived her by 3 years and have seen my children raised to adulthood which was more than she got to do when my sister and I were 13 and 10 when she died, so that should be good enough for me I suppose. Maybe it is because other than the weight, I "think" I am relatively still healthy so I kind of thought maybe there was still hope for me to try to prevent some of the preventable while there was still time. Or maybe I am just tired of being fat.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Leida is offline Senior Member
    There is an old story about it.

The Philosophy professor goes on and on about how one should enjoy the journey not the destination, when someone asks from the back of the lecturing hall:

"Professor, have you ever happened to chase after the last bus on a dark, stormy, cold night?"
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Oh gee, I dont know Maybe cuz I have already been at it for almost a year? Maybe because my dad had a massive stroke, kidney failure, diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and died at the age of 59. Maybe it is because my mother died from cancer at the age of 44. I have already outlived her by 3 years and have seen my children raised to adulthood which was more than she got to do when my sister and I were 13 and 10 when she died, so that should be good enough for me I suppose. Maybe it is because other than the weight, I "think" I am relatively still healthy so I kind of thought maybe there was still hope for me to try to prevent some of the preventable while there was still time. Or maybe I am just tired of being fat.
    Yeah, you're dialed in. Weight is nothing compared to your overall health and nutrition. An overweight person who can jog a mile and eats liver is easily going to outlive an overweight person who can't and doesn't. No fads needed. No hacks required. You're good, you've done what you can. The rest is a roll of the dice.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast