Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Matt Stone and conflicting theories about the Paleo WOE page 2

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Good luck with it. You may be interested in the PHD web site. They are pretty pro safe starches there with a nice paleo slant Perfect Health Diet - A diet for healing chronic disease, restoring youthful vitality, and achieving long life. I think it could be a good resource as a platform for high carb primal. They use more starch than fruit for reasons they talk about.

Neely is offline Member
    I am certainly interested to read any counter-paleo/primal literature, because it is good to read counter-arguments, but I found this Matt Stone chap very ugly to read. Yes, I too was also put off by the judgmental and not very scientific 'meat and veg is boring' sort of nonsense but I also had a quick read over some of the PDF where I was equally unimpressed. At the end of the day I don't think that eating healthy and nutritious food, in the form of meat/fish, fruit and veg, nuts, some dairy, dark choc, red wine etc, can be anything other than good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Good luck with it. You may be interested in the PHD web site. They are pretty pro safe starches there with a nice paleo slant Perfect Health Diet - A diet for healing chronic disease, restoring youthful vitality, and achieving long life. I think it could be a good resource as a platform for high carb primal. They use more starch than fruit for reasons they talk about.
    I'm just watching the video from this link now and it seems interesting and certainly more credible, though not necessarily critical of primal as far as I can see so far.

I read his "aggressive refeeding and rest recovery" ebook and I found it pretty average so I haven't read on further. I suppose it could be useful for those who have dieted way too hard or have driven themselves insane with unnecessary dietary restrictions. Those who tend to those kinds of extremes could probably be pretty well served by eating some icecream and cereal for breakfast for a few days.

Daydreamer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Yeah I know this web site.
    I'm don't always agree with what they have to say but at least it's well written, not in a way to make people afraid, and they have so good infos.
    Their articles on the links between Hypothyroidism and Low Carbs are very balanced, so I think if I had to go on a "Higher Carb" bandwagon for some time I would put more trust in the Perfect Health Diet.

Thanks for the input guys,
    "At the end of the day I don't think that eating healthy and nutritious food, in the form of meat/fish, fruit and veg, nuts, some dairy, dark choc, red wine etc, can be anything other than good for you. "
    I think you're right, that's what I'm doing (minus the red wine because I don't tolerate alcohol very well, and most of the dairy stuff, and dark choc that I don't eat much haha)
    But, well, some people report better energy going Higher Carbs Paleo, and I'm really suffering from a lack of energy, strange reactions like edema (face, hips, abdomen, feet, forearms), dermographism, "moon" face, hot flashes, hungry at night, trouble sleeping, sometimes "panic attacks" with extreme fatigue/anxiety...
    I'm pretty certain it comes from my hormonal problems because I still have issues with my Estradiol levels, my Thyroid hormones and my circadian rhythm (that I'm trying to solve by eating 30 minutes after rising instead of IFin, avoiding blue lights at night, going to bed at 22h, meditation and so on and so on...)

Or maybe it's allergy related, my "anti aging" doc wants me to do some food allergy bloodworks (I do have stuffy sinus, itchy throat, weak voice quite often) and wants to "clean" my gut flora and then making me take some pre and probiotics of choice.
    We'll see how it goes.
    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

JenniRose is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    12 Paleo Myths: Eat Better Than a Caveman by Matt Stone (eBook) - Lulu

Paleo Fail 180 Degree Health

Paleo Myths 180 Degree Health

Did anyone read any of his stuff ?
    I'm very interested in knowing what are his arguments, as I do suffer from most of the problems he helps people to cure (hypothyroidism/hypopituitarism, messed up circadian rhythm...etc)
    Daydreamer,

Personally I started with "12 Paleo Myths: Eat Better Than a Caveman by Matt Stone", which I think gave me a basic foundation for Paleo. My main problem is to stick 100% to eat Paleo. Well, there are some 'fix' eating plans out there, anybody tried this one yet? Paleo Recipe Book Review Perhaps you guys have any other recommendations?

Thank you,

Jenni

Daydreamer is offline Senior Member
    First day of Higher Carbs, ate some yam and taro root with mixed chili spices, it was quite good.
    But I'm experiencing an increase in the importance of my post-prandial fatigue.
    I checked my blood sugar during digestion and it's like 1,13, so it shows that I ate more carbs than usual but it's totally normal.
    I don't know if it's related to the carbs or just my overall hormonal problem.
    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Just eat natural food and unless you have the metabolic syndrome clusterfock of signs and symptoms, don't worry so much about carbs. Stay away from grains because of what grains do unrelated to carbs. No need to stay away from starchy veggies and fruit unless you've got a foot in diabeetusland.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12