Thread: Don't be fooled by my username! page

flyingtiger is offline Junior Member

Don't be fooled by my username!

Primal Fuel
    I picked FlyingTiger because my Dad was a mechanic with the Flying Tigers. All you young folks can do a Google search for that one. In reality, I am more like an unhappy hippo looking to see if this primal thingy could work for a 62 year old, 5"4", 190 lb sack of crap that I have become. My wife tells me to quit putting myself down but it is hard to deny that I have become a roly poly whenever I look in the mirror. I won't even talk about what I cannot see when I look down. OK I will! Now where did my manhood go??

To make matters worse I took a glance at the primal cookbook and I am such a picky eater and certainly no cook so that all looked rather depressing. Are we certain that Walmart does not have a primal food section? How about Swanson's Primal TV dinner? For my morning trip to QuikTrip I will be looking for the primal section. I did yesterday with my trip to McDonalds. No such luck!

I did buy the Primal Blueprint and read enough to see the logic but implementation may be a slight problem! I really can't have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, some potato chips and a diet coke? Cheap and dirty and off the shelf.

Well I am slightly hopeful of becoming a lean, mean, fighting machine like my little house lion, KeeKee!

Ron

brighthorse is offline Senior Member
    Hey Ron!
    Welcome aboard. I liked your post very much. I hope it was tongue in cheek because it made me laugh! I am about 10 years younger then you but the primal thing has really helped me. If you work at it, it will help you too!

Good Luck!

Rig D is offline Senior Member
    Dayton, OH, but "home" is Carolinas/Georgia
    Welcome FlyingTiger -- Some encouragement here: As your elder (3 yrs) and on Primal since mid July-it works for us older, rounder types. I'm now down 34 to 222. It's not as hard as you fear, just be serious about doing it, and if/when you have a bad day don't sweat it, just resume the plan. It can all be pretty low-key. After a couple of weeks all that stuff at McD will really not be appealing (doesn't even smell good anymore) and you will find that you don't even check out Swansons line of ?food. Walmart has a semi-primal section, it is on the perimeter just don't venture down the aisles much. I've found that I'm not hungry like I used to be. I grew up on PB&J and have gone to the occasional bite of almond butter. Even more amazing, I find that a dark chocolate bar is amazingly sweet and very satisfying, I eat maybe 3 squares a day, and a bar lasts 3-5 days. I found I couldn't just clean out and pitch all the grains up front, but in the last month, with that stuff just sitting there, I have finally given it away all the cereal, and my beloved grits are now history.

Thank you Brighthorse and RigD for your encouragement. I look forward to digging into Primal and making headway!

Ron

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingtiger View Post
    Well I am slightly hopeful of becoming a lean, mean, fighting machine
    Ron,
    It only takes will power, won't power and time. Won't power comes first, I won't have bread, cakes, pasta, pizza or fizzy pop. I did this and after a while was not hungry during the day. Then the will power, I will do some physical exercise. I am now in this stage after losing 56lbs since March. I'm 62 too.

My wife said that it must be nice to see my feet again, I bent over and explained I have always been able to see them....
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    Ron,
    It only takes will power, won't power and time. Won't power comes first, I won't have bread, cakes, pasta, pizza or fizzy pop. I did this and after a while was not hungry during the day. Then the will power, I will do some physical exercise. I am now in this stage after losing 56lbs since March. I'm 62 too.

My wife said that it must be nice to see my feet again, I bent over and explained I have always been able to see them....
    Hey Nigel,

Thanks for the information and encouragement. And wow! 56 lbs since March at 62. That is exciting! I would be around 140 lbs and at my height that would be ideal. I just bought a used bike and have begun a little bit of cardio.

Sadly I am going to have to work on my "won't" power. "Cakes" are no problem but bread, pasta and pizza are some of my favorites. Am beginning to work on substitutes.

Many thanks!
    Ron

Brad555 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It good and you dont worry about it.Thanx for sharing this.