Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal Challenge Journal Fotakou page

fotakou is offline Junior Member

Primal Challenge Journal Fotakou

Primal Fuel
    After the death of one of my beloved dogs from unknown reasons and binging for 3 days I decided to start all over again.

I was greatly inspired by one of the posts I read at BarbeyGirl's blog where she says(I dont exactly remember what she said) that she loves the way she looks and does not want to let non primal foods change her body.

Thus I decided to start all over again,why wait for Monday?Weekends are the hardest days for me to eat primal since I go out with friends,and now with the girlfriend its even tougher....But I welcome the challenge!

I already did my workout,a HIIT routine,adjusted for my needs from Infinite Intensity,had a cold shower to help with recovery and I am ready to go to the supermarket and buy some groceries!

I really wanna restrain myself and eat primal for 30 days although I know that the longest I keep eating primal,the better I will feel!

Goals:
    No processed grains like bread,pasta,pantries,waffles,crepes etc
    No sweets other than 85% chocolate
    Workout as much as I can,although the program I am following is not that much primal friendly since it has many workouts during the week
    I am gonna allow some carbs like sweet potatoes,oatmeal and quinoa.BUT they will be used for carb repletion and I really think that properly prepared grains(soaked for 2 or more days) will not be that much harmful!Plus I have some recipes that I wanna try

I am probably 85 kilos at the moment although normally I am 83.I would really like to get down to 80 but I am not gonna sweat it as long as I feel my pants being loose

So lets get started!

Day 1

Workout:
    20 seconds of
    Burpees
    Jumping Jacks
    Split Jumps
    Burpees
    Jumping Jacks
    Mountain Climbers
    Rest 1 minute

Repeat 5 times

Dailies:
    3 poached eggs in coconut oil and some butter,1 oz of feta cheese,cucumber,bell pepper and 2 handful of nuts

Well first day and it went really good!The post workout meal was the only meal of the day since I wasnt hungry...My girlfriend bought a profiterole but I told her about the challenge and she didnt insist on sharing it!Its really good when although someone does not follow your nutrition plan or something else,she stills respects your choices!

Energy was really good throughout the day!At 2 am I started crashing but OK,it was only natural since it was past my usual bedtime!

Day two is gonna include density training and perhaps its gonna be a Warrior Diet day with a big salad,steaks with cooked broccoli and some nuts!Yay!!

GROK ON

Day 2

Workout:
    Density day

2 kettlebell snatches
    6 Burpees
    Repeat the sequence as many times as possible in 10 minutes
    Did it 9 times

Sledgehammer Swings
    Swing the sledgehammer as many times as possible in 10 minutes
    Did 539 swings

Shadow boxing with 1 lb dumbbells for 5 minutes

Dailies:
    Breakfast
    Green apple,3 poached eggs with coconut oil,handful of hazelnuts

Dinner/Post workout meal
    Salad with lettuce,bell pepper,cucumber,onion and flaxseed oil,oregano,corriander and some feta cheese
    2 chicken breasts with broccoli and olive oil
    Handful of almonds,tablespoon tahini and some hazelnut meal

Woke up somewhat tired today and my neck was really stiff!I though that I might try a WD day but I went on and had breakfast.Oh well,I am still adapting!

I tried doing some pull ups but my body was saying NOOOOOOO.I did 3 pull ups and I had to take a break :S It seems that the crap eating had a really negative impact on me!Oh well,since I am giving primal eating a serious try now,I hope that I will be able to train as I used to in no time

The workout was really nice!The first part was surely the hardest(Gosh is there anyone that hasnt experienced a love/hate thing with burpees?)although I think that I will use more kilos on the snatch next time!While shadow boxing,I remembered some punch combinations from Infinite Intensity and practiced them!It was really really cool!In the last minute I was thinking that each punch was being delivered to someone telling me that my eating habits suck :P After the workout a cold bath and I feel really refreshed!

Food was tasty,although the broccoli wasnt that good!I will try again tomorrow perhaps!I seem to be eating a lot of nuts damn it,but here in Greece I dont have that many options...tomorrow I am thinking of sardines post workout and maybe IF until dinner again!Or I might eat at the university

Tomorrow I have interval running!8x200 meters and some more roadwork,plus core!Lets hope that I will have enough time in the morning...

Good night guys!

Day 3

Workout:
    Sprints
    8x200m rest 30 sec
    5x50m walk back to the beginning for rest

GTG pull ups and chin ups

Dailies:
    Post workout:Green apple,can of sardines and some feta

Lunch:2 pieces of white fish(cant find the name in English :S),plate of lettuce

Dinner:Salad with carrot,cucumbers,cherry tomatoes,bell pepper,onion with olive/flaxseed oil and some feta
    5 scrambled eggs with coconut oil,butter,tomato,oregano,coriander and (guess what) some feta :P
    Handful of hazelnuts

My BM was not tha great this morning and I attribute it to either me drinking water before bed last night,the not so well cooked broccoli or me for waking up relatively early(07:00)Anyway it did not prevent me from sprinting!

Sprints were really hard again,but as long I feel tired but not near death,it means that I am progressing!The workout had also a core routine but I skipped it since by the time I go home I feel really tired to start doing wheel rollouts,turkish getups etc!

Eating felt somewhat forced today...I think I did not digest yesterdays food that well...The thing is that I did not what to eat lightly today so I went on and ate a lot of the fish that was being served but I am sure that it was pure protein....And as a result I had a really big energy crash at around 19:00 where I literally fell asleep for 2 seconds while sitting in a chair and my body was shocked back into awakening.....Funny moments!

Tomorrow since I have 10 hours of lectures at the university I will try and see whether I will eat at the university or I will IF for around 18 hours and do a stregth workout while fasting!I have 2 steaks waiting me tomorrow and I would love to pick them with the hands and eat them!Maybe some IF would be a nice idea,depending on how I feel tomorrow!

Day 4

Workout:
    Pull ups 5
    Rest 1 minute
    Pushups 13
    Rest 1 minute
    Repeat 4 times

Dumbbell push press 4x4
    17/17/18/18 kg
    Rest 90 sec

Dumbbell clean 4x4
    18/19/20/21
    Rest 90 sec

Dumbbells step ups 6 per side
    Rest 1 minute
    Dumbbells romanian deadlifts 8
    Rest 1 minute
    Repeat 4 times
    2 x 17/17/17/18 kg

Farmers walk with 2x22kg
    60/45/30 sec
    Rest 1 minute

Dailies:
    Lunch:Apple,plate of beef,some cucumbers and beets

Snack:apple,80% chocolate

Dinner/post workout:Cucumbers,bell pepper,carrot with olive oil and a lot of Himalyan salt,2 steaks with basil and nutmeg,1.5 handful of nuts

Well today I felt a lot better than yesterday!My BM was improved from yesterday so everything is OK!

Eating wise,I think I indulged a bit too much today especially with lunch and the chocolate.Well the meat had a really nice taste,something weird for university food,and the chocolate was an offer at the local supermarket(100g of chocolate for 80 cents!)I didnt feel tired or anything,I just think that I overdid it a little!

The workout was really challenging...My left hand has a callus and it was really painful grabbing the db's today...I used some paper and at the final Farmer Walks set a glove but it still hurts like hell!I might have to find something to do with it!Also something that worried me,during the cleans I felt REALLY light headed and I sat down for the rest duration...I continued feeling light headed until the end of the exercise and I was like WTF?I think that it might has to do with salt consumption,since I am not getting a lot.Or it might be something completely unrelated,if anyone has any suggestion please let me know!Finally it seems that the workouts and the diet are paying off,and my body is beginning to get hard and lean!I still have some way to go but oh boy!

Tomorrow I have GPP and core training(not sure if I do it) and after reading a little around the forum,I think that I will try a fat/protein combination tomorrow,no carbs at all!I might get 1 or 2 from eggs,but its not gonna kill me!I will also go out at night,so it might turn into a nice opportunity for an IF!Lets see......Finally I think that I might take some pictures these week and even might weight myself,just for having a reference point!

Good night folks!

NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member
    Hey fotakou-san

You seem to be doing great! But I don't think you should skip the carbs completely, especially if you can get your hands on tasty fruits and vegetables (Which I imagine isn't hard in Greece :P).
    The hardest thing for me, and I keep my carbs under 50, is the concept of gaining weight. I can lose body fat percentage but the scale will say I'm heavier than usual... It's so hard for me to understand that that's a good thing! Basically, I advise you to stay away from the scale for a while, seemed to help me a lot.

I always see pictures of Greece and it looks so gorgeous and inviting. I'm planning to visit someday. How's the weather?

keep up the good work

Hah Meaty you know Japanese? :P

Thanks dear!My body comp is already getting better every day!Well the exercise program is pretty intense and my diet if finally in check!Yeah,it also seems that skipping fruits is a bit hard(veggies ok,they need some time to prepare :P)Mmm you have problem with the scale?Dont worry about it dear,some of the first things that come in mind is that either you are packing some muscle(next time I want to see a pic with bicep flexing :P) or you increase bone density!So dont worry about the diet!And imagine what will happen when you start exercising!(also be sure to check your Journal,I posted a nice idea on working out and be sure that I will help you out if you decide to try it!)

Greece is a really beautiful place,the weather is really good,at this time of the year at least!I think that the best places to visit are our islands but not during tourist season because the prices are extravagant!You will also get to see some of the beauty of Greece that has preserved itself over the years,unlike big cities like Athens or Thessaloniki!If you ever decide to come,I am here to give directions,advices,suggestion,accept donations(:P) and tell you what is primal!

I will keep going girl!Hope you continue improving as well

Day 5

Workout:
    25 seconds of
    Burpees
    Jumping Jacks
    Split Jumps
    Burpees
    Jumping Jacks
    Squats/Pushups(alternate every round)
    Rest 1 minute

Repeat 4 times

Dailies:
    Post workout/Lunch:Banana,apple,6 eggs poached in coconut oil and butter,2 handful of nuts

Snack:2 apples,handful of walnuts

Oh my God the workout again was hard as hell!The Squats/Pushups at the end were far from being don quickly,I was going really slow!At the final set my core had trouble staying stabilized at the push up position :P At the end of the workout I left a small roar!And once more I was too tired to do a core workout......I think that I will start slowly adding some plank,leg raises and other stuff and not the intense exercises that Ross recommends.....

Well I ate carbs today but still I was within the limits of PB.The extra 2 fruits were not needed,but I wanted to spoil myself a little bit ^^ I had a big lunch,a small snack and nothing for dinner since I went out with my gf!I had some tea and she some cacao beverage!Nice day all in all,did not feel bloated at all!Today I will have breakfast with eggs and sausage and for dinner perhaps liver with butter!Mmmm me likes!I will also go and get a pre paid credit card and order three books:
    Primal Blueprint
    Living low Carb
    Convict Conditioning

2 nutrition books and 1 for working out!Yeah,I havent gotten Marks book yet,but now is the time!I am really wondering what the other two books say,but since Living low carb was written by Bowden and is being suggested by Poliquin,that is enough for me!

See you guys!

Day 6(and deadly!)

Workout
    REST DAY!!!!

Dailies(are you sure you want to read.....)
    Breakfast:Banana,3 eggs poached in coconut oil,sausage,handful of hazelnuts

Lunch:3 bananas,2 apples,1 handful of nuts,some goat cheese

Dinner:Big piece of beef liver,2 handfuls of nuts

Well what can I say,today I ate a lot of fruits,but now I am not gonna buy any for the weekend!Although I might buy some 85% chocolate and have it,just in case my sweet tooth gets me!I do not feel awful,I am also in no condition to workout but it seems that even though overeating primal foods you feel OK!Thats nice to keep in mind!I also did not workout today,it was a deserved rest day!

Now I would like to tell some things about why I indulged in fruits today.I went to get a new pre paid card but they told me that I can use my current one with no problems,so I put 100 euro into it.I went home,ordered 2 of the books and when I had to look at the CVV of the card in order to make an account,I couldnt find it!I was like "wtf happened?" I started searching but I still havent found it!I called the bank and asked them If they can tell me the CVV and they said no since only the card owner knows it.They asked me if I would like to erase the account and make a new one,but then I had a dilemma......What if I need to wait for the books to ship in order to erase it??And if someone stole it?I still have 70 euro into my card.I got a little depressed and I turned to fruits,although I was not hungry and I kept on eating some things like cheese and nuts...The good thing is that not even once did I think of looking for sweets,pastries,bread or anything like that.So thumbs up for me I guess

I have been thinking for a while now,that it might be a good idea to have some hard boiled eggs around,ready to consume in case I want a quick snack...I will start boiling right now!

Tomorrow I have 4 tabata workouts,although I dont know if I complete them all!Also got still one big piece of liver which I am gonna eat with avocado and some other veggies!Also my capo buddies have some presentation at night so I will probably fast during nighttime,unless I drink a beer!Also 1/6th of the challenge is over!Lets go!

NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member
    EXACTLY! Thank God for dark chocolate and fruits!
    You should try the dark coconut chocolate by Green&Black.
    http://www.greenandblacks.com/ca/wha...s/dark-70.html
    - You have no idea what I've been through to find this site :P I had to look at so many pictures of gorgeous, dark chocolate in order to find this one, it was torture!

You should post pictures too of your progress and the beautiful scenery in Greece :]
    And your gf of course

Mmm yes we have them here as well!Although you can found them in many stores,at my first date with my gf the shop was selling these sweeties Is that a sign or what?Glad to see that you are an avid fan of chocolate as well,me and my gf use choco nicknames when texting My most recent discovery was this beauty
    http://chocolatesiztas.com/yahoo_sit...e.86193223.jpg
    It combines chocolate and flowers,the perfect present for girls

Do you have facebook?I have made a folder about a chocolate experiment where I use butter,cocoa and a small chocolate to make an almost 99% chocolate!It turned out really bitter but I intend to do it again and I am gonna use cinnamon and coconut oil instead of butter!

Photos huh?I am gonna post some pics of my body when day 7 or 10 are over!As for my gf,well I will try to find someones :P Now that I take a look at my fb pics here is one from last year,while doing a performance on an afro dance and I look pretty primal

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-a...45455_9598.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast