Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to halt weight loss page

Annieh is offline Senior Member

How to halt weight loss

Shop Now
    My enviable problem right now is that I cannot seem to stop losing weight.

I am 48yo, 5'4", 59kg (more or less, depending whose scales I use). I attend a weights class twice a week.

I started eating primal in June and rapidly reached my goal weight since I really only needed to lose a few kilos. I started out low carb, but for the last few months I have added starchy veges and fruit back into my meals.

Still my weight is dropping. It's gradual and I'm not too upset yet, but I was satisfied two kilos ago, and I would like to know that I can stop when I want to. I love everything else about this way of eating. The food is fanTAStic and my health is great.

I guess my problem is that it comes down to fine tuning and I'm not naturally that kind of person. I would rather just eat and be happy. And I mostly do.

I have been adding cheeseANDbacon to my omelettes, avocado and olive oil to my salads, sour cream and butter to my vegetables, and a milk drink in the evening. This afternoon I made a smoothy with cream and banana and berries.

I'm sure others will have experienced this, how did you cope? Any suggestions??

Wanderlust is offline Senior Member
    For the most part if you're eating until you're full and have plenty of energy, your body will stabilize at some point. That being said I just use my carb intake to control my body weight. More carbs=more weight [be it fat or muscle].

Of course you could just eat, sleep and workout until your heart is content and call it good, whatever the scale might say.
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Oh Annie, I would so like to be where you are right now !!!!!- but alas - still a ways to go !!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Yes, I know, it doesn't seem fair. But still...

You will get there, keep it up. And all the best for tomorrow.

UniqueTII is offline Senior Member
    The smoothies with heavy cream are a good way to add a ton of calories in a very easy and tasty fashion. I am in the same boat as you, although I am not bothered by losing the weight. I had a 2 week stretch where I only fasted 1 day and lifted one day, simply eating as much as I wanted of my normal food and I still lost 3 pounds.
    I wish I liked to eat liver.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    It's not rocket science. Just eat more. Add calorically dense foods to your meals.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post
    It's not rocket science. Just eat more. Add calorically dense foods to your meals.
    Well, yes. I am actively doing this.

Actually I suppose this issue could be called a perk of the primal diet since I do love to eat. It's just that I've never encountered having to make sure I eat enough.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    I suggest adding more sweet potato and white potato. As you say, it's a nice problem to have!
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

2ndChance is offline Senior Member
    Hey, I'm in the same boat as you, but I don't see it as a problem. Either eat more or let the pounds keep dropping--your body wants to keep shedding weight, who are you to tell it "no, you were supposed to stop 2 kg ago?"

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Weight loss pretty much halts for me up around 75-85% fat, regardless of calories. And I am plenty full on fat. That is what my tracking has shown me.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast