Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to halt weight loss page 3

spuggygirl is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Nothing constructive to add I'm afraid, other than to say that I'm jealous. Hopefully it'll be me soon

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Not too skinny after all.

I found some old measurements that I have taken over the years and found that the only times I have been smaller than now were when I got married (26 years ago), and when I was nursing my third child (10 years ago). I am definitely way way in better shape than in 1999 when I know I really could have done with the energy that I have now, lol.

So, while I am pleased to be where I am now, I realise that when I was younger, this size was what I regarded as fat. Sad. I still am happy, but I may also experiment with dropping a few more pounds of fat now that I know how to do it.

Not just yet perhaps, since I am enjoying all the yummy extras that are keeping me here.

Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    My enviable problem right now is that I cannot seem to stop losing weight.

I am 48yo, 5'4", 59kg (more or less, depending whose scales I use). I attend a weights class twice a week.

I started eating primal in June and rapidly reached my goal weight since I really only needed to lose a few kilos. I started out low carb, but for the last few months I have added starchy veges and fruit back into my meals.

Still my weight is dropping. It's gradual and I'm not too upset yet, but I was satisfied two kilos ago, and I would like to know that I can stop when I want to. I love everything else about this way of eating. The food is fanTAStic and my health is great.

I guess my problem is that it comes down to fine tuning and I'm not naturally that kind of person. I would rather just eat and be happy. And I mostly do.

I have been adding cheeseANDbacon to my omelettes, avocado and olive oil to my salads, sour cream and butter to my vegetables, and a milk drink in the evening. This afternoon I made a smoothy with cream and banana and berries.

I'm sure others will have experienced this, how did you cope? Any suggestions??
    I don't have the answer either but I wait, with anticipation, to the answers you'll get. I am 5'4" and weigh 131 lbs. It took me 22 months to get to this weight from 244.8. I haven't, as yet, begun to try stopping the weight loss because I don't know what a woman of medium bone size or build should weigh. Googling the internet and reading forums I get answers from 105 to 130+ lbs. I am also in good health and feel great. I plan to eat primally the rest of my life.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Hi Rosemary, what awesome results!!! Well done. Looks like we are both in a healthy weight range now, we can choose to settle somewhere around here or keep reducing gradually. I agree with you about being in good health, feeling great and like you plan to eat primally the rest of my life.

Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Hi Rosemary, what awesome results!!! Well done. Looks like we are both in a healthy weight range now, we can choose to settle somewhere around here or keep reducing gradually. I agree with you about being in good health, feeling great and like you plan to eat primally the rest of my life.
    I'm starting to feel (no actual reason) like 125 might be right. As you can imagine, I am dealing with a lot of excess skin. I think my health insurance would consider removal "cosmetic surgery".

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    I didn't read the whole thread, so forgive me if this is repeat...

When I first went primal 6-7 years ago I lost weight fast and easy. Then slowly overtime (and without changing my diet) I gained it back and then some. That is where I'm at now. So, perhaps just relax and things will balance out. I think that at first primal foods can seem very filling and eating as much as you can stand is still less than on a SAD diet, but then overtime we get used to the foods, the fat and it becomes very easy to eat a ton of calories and gain. I shouldn't say "we" as this is clearly a "me" story.

Anyway, hope that helps some. I think as long as you are try to eat more and have plenty of protein I wouldn't worry about the weight loss until it has had a chance to level off and perhaps reverse a bit.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123