Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OMG it all makes sense! Primal Journal. page

Edcat is offline Junior Member

OMG it all makes sense! Primal Journal.

Primal Fuel
    Love this site and I love, love, love my new way of life.

I'm now day 22 of being primal, 4kg's lighter and 5 cm's of my waist and three cm's of my thunder thighs.

My daily breakdown is 70%fat 25%protein 5%carbs and my body appears to be very happy with this approach. Very hard getting the old head round the full fat. I never ever imagined in my life I would have beef lard and ghee in my fridge. The other day I was in the supermarket and pulled out the duck fat and told my husband "you need to cook your eggs in this every morning." He laughed a. because it was something he never thought he would hear from me and b. the woman standing next to us looked quite disapproving. Him and I are not on the thin side ... yet.

I'm 42 in february and I have solidly gained weight for the last 6 years and would like to arrive back at my wedding day weight of 58kg, that was 9 years ago. I am 5'1" so a wee shorty, like a round ball, round bum, round face, round everything.

I am now completely grain and wheat free. Benefits I have noticed so far are

Energy, so much so that I am on the go until I pop my head on the pillow and I wake up an hour earlier now too.
    No raging hunger anymore, just a gentle tugging that says to refuel. In fact I have stopped eating breakfast till 10am or later sometimes.
    Mood is stabilised, I'm more calm and so much happier. Sometimes I feel high with the joy I feel. Weird, I know!
    My skin and nails are fabulous.
    All bloatedness has left my face and eyes, I actually look younger and fresher.
    Hardly any plaque on my teeth and my gums feel healthier.
    My hayfever has disappeared.
    My undies are getting looser.

I have not once been tempted to return to the carb side. Even when making my kids lunches. Even when cakes are bought into the house. Because I know the sugar and wheat is poison to my body. Plus also reading Primal Mind, Primal Body has cemented the knowledge of what it was doing to my poor body. Now to turn around the harm done and become healthy.

Today I weigh 71.3 kg, weigh in day is thursday.
    start 18 Oct 2012 75'ish kg

sigzephyr is offline Senior Member
    Yay Edcat. Good for you.
    I have been primal for 2 years and will never go back to my old ways. My whole family feel great living like this.
    I have been noticing more and more articles on paleo/primal here in Oz. I feel like it is finally catching on.

I think as we appear healthier and they see what we are doing then it will slowly catch on within our families.
    I haven't told anyone except for my husband (who is now week 2 into this) about my new way of living. If people genuinely seem interested then I will tell them. I work one night a week as a RN and am dreading any of the Dr's quizzing me on my weight loss. I'm not very good at debating and I know the horror they will show if I tell them. It's almost like having a dirty little secret. Except our secret is saving our lives!
    Sigzephyr how much has your body changed in the two years of you doing this?

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Edcat View Post
    I work one night a week as a RN and am dreading any of the Dr's quizzing me on my weight loss. I'm not very good at debating and I know the horror they will show if I tell them.
    You could just say you decided to eat healthier (which is true) and if they ask further that you mainly eat real food like meat and veges (also true).

I suppose you could mention ditching fake foods like margarine, no need to say you have replaced it with lard, lol.

Congrats on your progress to date, good work. And I'm so pleased your husband is on board too.

Quote Originally Posted by Edcat View Post
    I think as we appear healthier and they see what we are doing then it will slowly catch on within our families.
    I haven't told anyone except for my husband (who is now week 2 into this) about my new way of living. If people genuinely seem interested then I will tell them. I work one night a week as a RN and am dreading any of the Dr's quizzing me on my weight loss. I'm not very good at debating and I know the horror they will show if I tell them. It's almost like having a dirty little secret. Except our secret is saving our lives!
    Sigzephyr how much has your body changed in the two years of you doing this?
    We have all lost weight. I went from 72 kgs to 58 kgs. I was married 22 years ago and tried my wedding dress on the other day. It is too big for me. I weighed about 58 when we got married but I am smaller now. The biggest difference I notice now is I have bad ass muscles and I love them.

Forgot to mention my husband works at a diabetes and heart research institute and he tells everyone about how we eat. They cannot believe it. But he gets his bloods taken often there and they are always amazed by his results.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sigzephyr View Post
    Forgot to mention my husband works at a diabetes and heart research institute and he tells everyone about how we eat. They cannot believe it. But he gets his bloods taken often there and they are always amazed by his results.
    Awesome!

Richardmac is offline Senior Member
    Awesome.........I had a big speal to write, but that about sums it up. amazing that you made a life choice, and 1 are sticking to it, and 2 enjoying it (regardless of results). its amazing your hubby is supporting you and more than that, is doing it to. Amazing you have goals and are well on your way to meeting them and smashing them to bits. So to recap .... Awesome.

Richard
    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

Thanks for the replies and views!

I work once a week on a surgical ward, sometimes as the paed's nurse if any munchkins in. Last night I had dinner, a beef mince and bacon sauce with homemade tomato pasta sauce and slim paster noodles with yummy parmesan cheese. Delish!

On the night shift I drank green tea and about 2am had some nuts and then at 4am had a miso soup. Went home and jumped into bed and slept till 1:15 pm. Still not hungry so had a couple of teas before made myself a two egg omelette cooked in butter with some grated cheddar and smoked salmon on the side at about 2:30pm. Three krill oil capsules and a vitamin D.

I had my vit D checked last year and it was 47, the lowest acceptable number was 50. I was concerned because I hang the clothes out in the sun but I was severely deficient. So I immediately put my husband on vit D as he gets up in the dark, comes home in the dark and sits in an office all day. Hate to think what his levels were. Plus until four weeks ago we were eating a low fat diet, all the time getting fatter!!!

Today I took my husbands waist measurements and shall be measuring each saturday. His weigh day is today and he was down 1.5 kg. I can even see the beginnings of his cheekbones starting to emerge. He's already handsome but I have a feeling he's going to be downright gorgeous when finished transforming. I have never known him to be slim. On our wedding day I was 58kg and he was about 125kg.

Now that I feel I have been enlightened as to what my body needs I have to reign in my frustration when looking through magazines that all have the headings 'flat belly for summer', 'shred two dress sizes in 10 days'. They are all low fat with heaps of grains and wheat. Grrrrr .... note to self, relax it's my journey don't get all evangelical.

Tonight I will be eating a scotch fillet steak on the BBQ with garlic butter and a summer salad with boiled eggs, avocados and anchovies, homemade ranch dressing. As it is saturday night, Hubby and I will be sitting down to watch Madmen, we are slowly working our way through the series dvd's, so in love with this show, and we will have few vodkas, which we have straight with an ice cube. Have a local man that makes our vodka, 2 litres for $25, not bad hmmm!

SW 75'ish kg oct 18 '12
    CW 71.3 kg

PrimalCon New York
    Had to take Master 6 to a birthday party yesterday. As I don't give him lollies, they are a treat usually doled out by Nan and Pop plus he goes to enough birthday parties. Anyway I really notice his behaviour change and not for the better. He becomes louder (how is that possible!) and more manic and starts to misbehave. I don't want to stop him having a fun childhood or become that weirdo Mum that when his friends visit I pull out the celery and almond butter but I do want to limit his sugar and gluten intake.

So today I threw out their usual bread and have researched some recipes for gluten free bread. They are already happy with the switch of almond butter instead of their beloved sanitarium peanut butter. So baby steps and just switch stuff slowly until they find themselves eating primal.

I had no trouble saying no to the birthday cake, in fact wasn't hungry. Came home and made pork rashes with a spice rub, the crackling is so good, even the kids love it. It is now nearly 10am and I am still not hungry from last nights dinner. Love this no hunger pains bit. My husband is definitely loosing weight at a great weight his stomach has shrunk so much. Mind you he has a lot to lose.

SW 75'ish kg oct 18 '12
    CW 71.3 kg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast