Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OMG it all makes sense! Primal Journal. page 3

Edcat is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Another week has flown by and we're still going strong in this household!

After my 200g weight gain last week I am so pleased that today I am 70.9 kg! Woo hoo! I haven't been under 71 for about three years and that last time was bloody hard work. Strict calorie counting and exercising everyday! And i was miserable and it all crept back, plus some.

And another cm of my waist. I can actually see my waist definition coming in and that is what pleases me more than any weight loss number. Pre children I had a lovely hour glass shape and I was always proud of my waist measurement of 23 inches. Now it's in the mid 30's ... but reducing.

Hubby is loosing ridiculous amounts, he's only been doing it for four weeks and is down 7 kg and his clothes are looking truly baggy all over. He keeps coming out in pants he put at the back of the wardrobe and showing how they fit, how much looser they are. He is so happy at what is happening and he is also amazed at this no hunger business. I'm chuffed that I was able to initiate a lifestyle change that resonates with both of us.

I facebooked Nora to tell her how her book has changed my life and my husband's. It is so sustainable and enjoyable. My latest breakfast or should I say brunch as I don't eat till about 11:30am is blood sausage with three eggs scrambled in butter with vintage cheddar cheese or three egg omelette (I've found this the magic number to keep me full till early evening) with cheese and chilli powder and smoked salmon with wasabi and pickled ginger or tomato slices sauteed in butter with slices of sauteed blood sausages and slices of thick sliced haluumi cheese, delicious flavours.

Last night I roasted two free range hormone free chickens slathered in butter and himalayan salt, stuffed with half a lemon and rosemary and my god did we enjoy that chicken skin, completely guilt free. My husband still cracks up laughing at what I feed him but the results speak for themselves. He just shakes his head at me if I feel some rumbling late afternoon and I have a small cup of cream to tide me over till tea is cooked. He doesn't like cream so he gets macadamia nuts.

I also feel my weight loss this week is attributed to the fact I had three alcohol free evenings and I've introduced nettle tea to my herbal blend and I feel that is helping rid me of unwanted fluid. The Painters are nearly here and normally I'm retaining water big time. Fingers all puffy etc but at the moment nothing plus the weight loss on the scales. So yay for nettle tea.

So off I go for another week, so funny all this spare time now as I'm not obsessing with food, not going to the fridge, opening it, then shutting it quick while berating myself for having no willpower. Poor my old self, you couldn't help it you were poisoning yourself and feeding your addiction with grains and wheat. Go my new self!!

Weigh-n this morning was a whole kilogram! So now I'm 69.9kg. How motivating that weight loss is. I popped a top on today that I haven't been able to fit into for about three years and it looked great. Bit snug across the boobs but I now know that I'll easily fit into it in a couple of weeks.
    I have been listening to my body and its hunger cues and am finding that I will eat my first meal of the day between 11:30am and 12:30pm and for the past three days I haven't wanted any other food. If you had told me this time next year that I would be happy and hunger free on one meal a day, I would have laughed at you.
    I have discovered this gorgeous streaky bacon, and the tomatoes are fabulous at the moment. Being summer here the salads are really enjoyable to eat.
    I am going to introduce a multivite on top of my three krill oil capsules and vit D capsule. If I'm only eating one meal a day I think that would be a wise inclusion.
    Oh I have also lost another 2 cm's of my waist.
    Went out for lunch with my yoga class to celebrate another year together. Someone noted me removing all the croutons from my caesar salad and asked what I was doing. I said I don't eat bread anymore. Well the whole table stopped and then wanted to know why? What did I eat instead? And then I had to give examples of a daily menu. Overall it was received well, main thing was they wanted to know how I found out about. So I referred them all to read Primal Mind, Primal Body and also to come to this website and have a browse.
    Hubby and I are off on holiday next week for seven nights. Not worried at all about staying true. We're going to Coolangatta so there will be lots of swimming in the sea, walks on the beach and yummy seafood to eat.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Edcat, that is all fantastic news. Well done, you. And so funny at your dh laughing over eating chicken skin, haha. Maybe you will have converted some of your classmates.

Happy holiday.

Thanks Annieh
    Merry christmas to you too!

The last time I added to this was in early december. I decided to have a break from this site but not being Primal!

So in the eight or so months I have transformed. I now have some seriously nice legs and bum! So shocking and I was in denial for a while, kept getting my husband to take photos of me in my new aussie size 12 pants (that are continuing to get looser btw) so I could see with my own eyes what me brain kept saying couldn't be true. Then I wore some new pants to work and had comments like 'sexy' and 'foxy' from Dr's I work with, wow the last time I turned a man's eye was 2003.
    My arms are much thinner and my necklace now hangs about 2 inches lower as I have even lost weight of my neck.
    I find I only need to eat once a day and thats early afternoon. I enjoy cream in my tea in the morning and will never go back to eating the old way.
    People are starting to sit up and take notice now with the results I'm having and seeing what I eat and how happy I am.
    My husband is loving it too as he can see the joy in my face and he is loving my new body and the confidence it has returned to me.
    I didn't realise how unhappy I was with my weight and shape, especially since I was doing everything 'right' to lose it, calorie counting, walking 60 mins per day etc etc. A journalist wants to do a story on me and wanted some pictures, kinda difficult as I hadn't let anyone take a photo of me in about fives years. I used to see a photo of me and not recognise that person. It made me sad that the outside world saw me like that. I asked my husband the other day if he ever felt embarrassed about my weight gain. Nope! he said, I'd given him two beautiful children and with all the miscarriages prior to our two miracles he said it was as it was. He is very proud of the results I've had though and he's loosing too by being Primal as well.
    For fathers day this sunday I will be cooking twice cooked pork belly and I now eat the crackling guilt free and know that my body is very happy.
    Had someone query the cholesterol issue and you should have seen their faces when i said cholesterol is a good thing it is the body's bandaids. I am sure they think I'm bonkers ... don't care, when I read Nora's Primal Mind Primal Body it all just resonated, I'd found my truth woo hooo!!!!
    I've lost 12 cm off my waist
    10 cm of my thighs
    13 cm of my bum
    And I continue to lose, but it's not just that, the body that is emerging is shapely and almost sculpted with muscle, attibuted to my yoga me thinks.
    Cheers Eds

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    I'm glad you have continued with your journey and it is obviously making you feel great as well as look so much better. Your husband is a treasure. You are blessed.

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    This is how stories should go. Someone finds Primal, reads and understands what to do, then goes and does it. No arguing on the forums, not constantly asking "help, I need some primal cupcakes" or whatever. Nice work.

Sent via F-22 Raptor

Thanks Guys! Feels good to be part of a great movement, slowly we will change the CW thinking with our results and hopefully longevity not to mention energy output and happiness.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123