Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Primal Snacking/Diet Tips page 2

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by npatel View Post
    Thank you all for your advice. I am not much of a coffee drinker but as for the snacking i see what everyone means. I will lay out my day:

530a: wake up and make a smoothie for breakfast: water, 1tsp of carob powder, 1tsp of stevia, 1 scoop of sun warrior brown rice protein, 1 tbsp of barleans fish oil, 1 spoon of coconut oil, and handful of frozen berries

7a: go to work, MY work day is hectic and sitting to eating a meal slowly is almost near impossible. Im sure most people will say you have to make time, but there just is not truly a large amount of time at most i have 20mins. This is why i snack. Since there are days where i cant eat a proper lunch i snack.

6p: come home from work.

630p: have a salad consisting of either lettuce or kale as the base. Olive oil and sea salt for the dressing. ! avocado, scallions and tomatoes.

My workouts are about 3-4 times.weekly varying from 40mins of a slow walk or yoga

For meat i prefer: eggs, salmon, tofu or chicken

I would appreciate any help in terms of ideas of recipes that keep you full thru the day or if anyone else is in a restricted schedule as I am and have had success with the pale lifestyle in losing weight and feeling better, and how you did it.

Thank you in advance for all your help and support.
    Your smoothie sounds disgusting, I thought primal was about eating real food. However, if you like it, why not make it for lunch. Replace it at breakfast time with bacon, eggs and veges - you can make this as a quiche in advance if there's really no time but I think it's just about as quick as making a smoothie.

Dinner should be based around meat - assemble it with veges and spices in a slow cooker in the evening, turn it on when you leave for work in the morning, it will be delicious when you come home at night. Your could still have your salad with it.

Slow walk and yoga may be ok for destressing, but have you tried sprinting instead? eg rowing machine for 1min all out, 1min rest, repeat a few cycles.

Also, eggs are great but they are not meat. Tofu is not meat and not primal either. Beef, pork and lamb are all excellent.
    Last edited by Annieh; 11-10-2012 at 07:33 PM.

jakey is offline Senior Member
    wow, so much to say, and i don't care about being an asshole, so here goes...

first off your daily meal plan - you're not giving a full account. that's not all you're eating every day, because that's a ridiculously small amount of calories. i personally don't care, but do not kid yourself. that list you provided is indicative of a problem, namely, lying to yourself about energy intake, which is why you're having trouble losing weight.

i don't like snacking, but it really doesn't matter all that much. if you prefer more smaller meals, go for it. the ultimate determinant of weight loss is energy balance. in other words, if you eat too much, be it one meal or eight meals per day, you won't lose weight.

there is no daily fat intake. are you trying to hit some arbitrary fat number, with no context? give that up.

you're not losing weight because you're taking in more energy than you're expending, which is a polite way of saying that you're eating too much/too many calories. people here, on these forums, subscribe to all sorts of bullshit, but restricting carbs and stuffing yourself with too much fat simply won't work for weight loss. and in your case, it's clearly too much.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12