Thread: non-starchy veggies page

non-starchy veggies

Primal Fuel
    I am interested in knowing what you consider non starchy....I have read some lists that have some squashes as non starchy? which..to me is one of the most starchy vegetables...? & others that say cauliflower is a starch? which i thought was pretty much a staple on the low carb veggie list?

I count all my calories & carbs but normally dont freak out too much if i end up having a pretty high carb day, as long as they are all from veggies..but I am interested in seeing how other people look at it.

Thanks!

peril is offline Senior Member
    Squash isn't starchy. Its carbs are substantially fructose. Not surprising for a fruit
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    i consider hard squashes in the starchy veg category. i also don't like them, so don't care since i never eat them, lol. 100 gms of cauliflower is 5 c, while 100 gms of butternut squash is 12 carbs. neither is really sky-high.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway