Thread: Sugar and bloating page

Asmodeuskraemer is offline Senior Member

Sugar and bloating

Shop Now
    Hey guys,
    So, I had a great breakfast today and am LOVING how bulletproof coffee makes me want to bounce off the walls.
    I'm still struggling with a distorted relationship with food (primal has helped it a LOT but not 100%) and often emotionally eat. I did that this morning shortly after arriving at work. The reasons behind it don't matter for this post (I have a lot of fear/anxiety and think PTSD that is very subtle in how it operates) but I noticed later that I'm hugely bloated.
    The candy I had was 5 fun size crunch bars. I inhaled them. I ate lunch early (broccoli, butter and a grassfed hamburger.) then had a bunch of starbursts after.
    My stomach feels huge. It IS huge. Its normally very big anyway, because I'm very fat still (I can't seem to stay primal more than 2 or 3 days. I end up eating a lot of sugar, no gluten/wheat though) but it feels different now. Like someone blew a balloon up inside me.
    Does anyone else have this problem? What can I do to help reduce the bloating? I think some of it is constipation too because my boyfriend ordered pizza and I had some of the cheese and toppings. I actually tried to eat the crust, just to see and couldn't. I spit it out and gave it to the dog. Soft cheeses (like pizza cheese) really affect me, so maybe its a combination?
    I'm going to go to the gym tonight and walk a bunch, maybe lift some weights. Hopefully that'll help. I'm so sluggish..I hate this.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Is it gas? If not, then walk it off. Carbs will make you feel bloated. Make the rest of the day count.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    you're not doing your dog any favor giving him/her junk pizza crust from delivery pizza either.

you may want to consider supplementing with something like 5htp to control your candy binging.

5-Hydroxytryptophan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Asmodeuskraemer is offline Senior Member
    Noodle, I appreciate the link but the wiki page is very scientific and....I don't get it, basically.
    The candy binging is because its around at work for halloween and I get stressed at work and eat it.

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    use your google-fu to do some research then. i know others have had success using the 5htp.

i'm sorry, but i don't see how you will lose weight eating candy everyday. bring your own snacks, for now, and walk away from the bowl at work. if you keep feeding that sugar monkey it will never die.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway