Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calorie Guidance page

KotikBegemotik is offline Senior Member

Calorie Guidance

Shop Now
    I know I'm not supposed to, but I've been tracking my caloric intake while doing Primal. My excuse is that it helps me keep track of carbs.

For the past 2.5 weeks I've been in the 1200-1400 range while keeping my ratios at 50% fat, 25% carbs, 25% protein.

The problem is that I'm hungry shortly (2-3 hours) after eating. And I'm terrified about adding calories since I've lost a good chunk of weight and I'm worried that increasing calories will stall that.

Suggestions?
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."-Winston Churchill

"Keep Calm and Carry On"-British Wartime Poster

"Don't Panic"
    -H2G2

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    How tall? Gender? How much do you weigh? 1200 calories a day is very low and might be doing you more harm than good.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Eat more. I don't think 1200 calories is adequate for an adult human female.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

I'm 5'6", female, and just reached my lowest weight in over a year of 150 lbs.
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."-Winston Churchill

"Don't Panic"
    -H2G2

Definitely eat more. I was losing eating 2000+ a day while active when I was at my high weight of 125.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

Asmodeuskraemer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post
    Definitely eat more. I was losing eating 2000+ a day while active when I was at my high weight of 125.
    Really?! I set my goals at 1800 and I'm 5'9", 300lbs (ouch I know. Its not really coming off either) and I'm wondering if I'm eating enough. I don't find myself being hungry but I often am at or above the 1800 mark. Though recently its been a lot of sugar. I don't like counting calories and have been trying to count macronutrients instead though the tool I use to keep track of them is a calorie counting app and..well..its hard to ignore those numbers.

I was doing crazy amounts of cardio daily though.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    you should definitely be eating more, but the fact that you are hungry 2 hours after a meal seems more problematic to me. what exactly are you eating? you may want to up the fats/protein and lower the carbs a bit.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Breakfast was a hot chocolate made from 2/3 cup coconut milk, a tbs of cocoa, and 1/2 tsp honey.

Lunch was a large grilled chicken thigh and a liberal portion of cooked cabbage.

Dinner will be a serving of liver pate with raw veggies of choice. Followed by a serving of paleo fudge (coconut oil, cocoa, touch of honey)

I am heading to the gym before dinner so I will probably eat a full avocado between now and gym.

"Don't Panic"
    -H2G2

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    switch to a real breakfast -- not liquid. eggs and veggies, or bone broth with eggs and veggies and butter.

a chicken thigh is only a few ounces of meat.

i'd drop the honey for now also. just get off the sweets wagon, that might be causing fake hunger signals.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast