Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Calorie Guidance page 2

KotikBegemotik is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    noodletoy, the solid breakfast worked like a charm!

Now, I just have to persuade my body that breakfast should be solid.

I'm planning a 21 day sugar detox after turkey day. Hopefully that will take the edge off some of the cravings. I just don't have the time right now for another bout of low-carb flu.
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."-Winston Churchill

"Keep Calm and Carry On"-British Wartime Poster

"Don't Panic"
    -H2G2

meeshar is offline Senior Member
    Your calories don't seem that low to me, but I've always had the metabolism of a snail. I lose weight when I eat around 1200 calories a day, and gain if I go above 1500, but that's without any sort of workout plan, just regular daily activity. I do find that I get tired, stay hungry, and stop losing weight (starvation mode?) if I increase my activity without increasing calories, so that might be something to try.

AlanC is offline Senior Member
    I've read both the Primal Blueprint and the 21 Day Challenge. Nowhere does Sissons say you're not supposed to count calories, he just dismisses the need for it.

I tend to follow the principle that we tend to do the things, and take responsibility for the things, that get measured.

If you're not measuring then you're not really in control and have no idea how you're trending until after the result is obvious, so no need to feel guilty.

AC

digital_ruse is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post
    Definitely eat more. I was losing eating 2000+ a day while active when I was at my high weight of 125.
    I'm only slightly losing weight at 5foot8, 150lbs on about that or 2200ish calories.(Very slightly losing lbs, but definitely losing bf) I track to try and get enough fat and protein but it's a calorie tacking app so I know my intake, and I don't have a whole lot to lose really, I'm just trying to get my abs more visible, really. I don't do much traditional cardio at all. Pretty much only lifting, some HIIT, some yoga.

So, with that info - I always flinch at the idea of people eating in the 1200 range. It seems like so little food.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12