Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Primal Mama's Journey... page 2

PrimalMama is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Things I've loved? homemade grass-fed burgers, sometimes with a pocket of raw gorgonzola in the center, with grilled onion, tomato, perhaps an egg or some bacon, mustard or non-canola mayo, all wrapped in a big ass cabbage leaf.
    and the staples - brisket, cabbage, eggs. I got a braising cookbook and an amazon gift card to buy a cooking vessel for xmas, so... *drool*
    things I want to cook:
    Breadless Toad-in-the-hole (leave out the last step or two)
    Cauliflower tots I'm not usually a substitute-potato kinda gal, but someone posted these and they look tasty

my 20%:
    I pretty much ate what I wanted for about 48 hours, with chocolates in my stocking, a planned-off-plan Chinese meal on xmas, beer, homemade chilli/mac 'n' cheese, and minty (spiked) eggnog drinks at a friends' house, (organic, non GMO) popcorn cooked on my stove in coconut oil with kerrygold and yummy seasonings on top, a couple of cookies (yes, literally a couple), some bites of my sweetie's sandwich, fries etc.
    I'm probably missing a few things in the 20% category, but I'm not sweating it... back on the horse, don't dwell on what wasn't perfect, just move forward.

loving: swordfish with sea salt and "nantucket rub", seared in bacon grease. YUM.
    coconut oil - that popcorn I popped on xmas? yeah, it got me to thinking that the smell/flavor I love about popcorn may very well be the coconut oil it's cooked in, NOT the butter!
    also made oven sweet potato homefries... not sure I love them, but it was good to use the 3+lb(!) sweet potato that I got months ago!

20% - a hand-crafted cocktail and a piece of fresh baked bread (positively SOAKED with evoo/butter - I was so hungry I just wanted to drink the olive oil and garlic butter - I figured this was a more socially acceptable choice.) at my favorite neighborhood bistro.

Things I'm loving: fat guacamole devils w/a clove of garlic chopped & mixed into the guac...
    baked chicken thighs w/garlic, rosemary & thyme
    Five spice grass fed ground beef
    Uncured ham - salad, omelettes.. Yum!
    "real food" place I just discovered near my new office... I can get an awesome salad w/clean (grass fed/wild/pastured) protein & veggies for a good price - yay!

I have some grass fed short ribs in the fridge, excited to find a go to recipe for those.

20%: brunch drinks (a margarita & a baileys), sliver of cheesecake, and some rice w/ my jerk chicken. I kept about 95% primal this week... And worked out like crazy. :-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12