Page 8 of 54 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Potato Diet (PPD) page 8

tatertot is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    As a person who believes in numbers probably more than anything else, I don't even "believe" a person can lose five pounds in a week, even if they eat nothing but water. However, when I was heavier, I had a few five pound loss weeks and certainly more than a few three pound loss weeks. Therefore, I was forced, even before Atkins, PB, and of course PPD to believe that something else is going on besides CICO. I don't understand it in depth, but I don't really need to do so.
    Here's where I lost my faith in CICO. I started this crazy, once a week, 48 hour fasting regimen last year. During that 48 hour period, I would lose 7 or 8 lbs. In the next 24 hours, I would gain it all back. After about 12 weeks, I lost about 2 pounds. That, after removing roughly 36,000 calories from my diet...I should have lost 10 pounds. I was real careful nor to overeat after the fast.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tatertot View Post
    Here's the real problem with the "Potato Diet"...as soon as you do it once, you are an instant expert.
    You said it all, brother! It will be the shortest diet book ever. Chapter 1. Eat potatoes/Lose weight... the end

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tatertot View Post
    Here's where I lost my faith in CICO. I started this crazy, once a week, 48 hour fasting regimen last year. During that 48 hour period, I would lose 7 or 8 lbs. In the next 24 hours, I would gain it all back. After about 12 weeks, I lost about 2 pounds. That, after removing roughly 36,000 calories from my diet...I should have lost 10 pounds. I was real careful nor to overeat after the fast.
    Did you steal that from my diary?
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

maladee is offline Member
    Tatertot, would this be good for someone who is obese, I have if i was really honest 100 lbs to lose, I have started doing paleo off and on, I just heard about this and would like to JUMP start weight loss, for a week and get into paleo after that (serious this time honest) Has anyone else done this?

Quote Originally Posted by maladee View Post
    Tatertot, would this be good for someone who is obese, I have if i was really honest 100 lbs to lose, I have started doing paleo off and on, I just heard about this and would like to JUMP start weight loss, for a week and get into paleo after that (serious this time honest) Has anyone else done this?
    I think it could work, but to be honest, I don't know anything about you. If you have glucose issues (diabetes) or liver issues, it may not be that great an idea. If you don't know if you have glucose issues, maybe you should get your fasting blood glucose and hbA1C checked, if they are normal, then give it a shot.

Keep in mind, though, this isn't something you want to jump in and out of--same as Primal Blueprint--you need to get on something and stay. Your life depends on it! When you get ready, buy 20 pounds of potatoes and eat nothing until they are gone, should take a week or 10 days, and see what happens. Don't eat potatoes one day, cake and ice cream the next, and think you are doing something good, please...

maladee is offline Member
    my fasting glucose is good I do not know my hbA1c.

My liver is OK, I am VERY serious this time, I can not fail, Ever since I went threw menopause, I have just kept gaining ,I am thinking of going to this one doctor that will check me out from head to toe, and see what is going on hormone wise.

I will keep you posted, I start Monday.

I was reading we could have a teaspoon of fat with a potato ,I was thinking coconut oil. Am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by maladee View Post
    I was reading we could have a teaspoon of fat with a potato ,I was thinking coconut oil. Am I right?
    I used zero oils. The original protocol is no oil. I'd try that first.

Kilian is offline Senior Member
    Yes, you are correct. A tsp. of coconut oil with each potato won't kill the hack, and it may even be beneficial.

But like tatertot said, it's better to go 100% the first time around (all potatoes, nothing else, spices are okay though)

Kilian is offline Senior Member
    I gotta say though, as a college student with 90 bucks in his bank account right now, this PPD is a godsend. Obviously this isn't great for long term, but I'm going to milk it for all it's worth til I get paid at the end of the month...

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilian View Post
    I gotta say though, as a college student with 90 bucks in his bank account right now, this PPD is a godsend. Obviously this isn't great for long term, but I'm going to milk it for all it's worth til I get paid at the end of the month...
    Haha, I have a pretty good-sized food budget and eat well, but the idea of spending like $15 total for an entire week of food is awfully appealing.

Page 8 of 54 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast