Page 46 of 54 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Potato Diet (PPD) page 46

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by chronyx View Post
    Are you guys managing to eat the 20 a day Chris Voigt managed?
    Oh, God, no! I'm a 52 yr old woman, not seriously overweight, and I manage about 3-3 1/2 potatoes a day. No idea what that weighs, but a 5 lb bag will keep me going for at least 3 days. I opened a new bag of Yukon Golds yesterday, made a big pot of mashed that I will eat for lunch all week, likely (4-5 x 1.5-2 cup servings), plus each day I have one potato grated and dry-fried for breakfast and one smaller one made into chips sometime later in the day. Then a regular primal supper, occ with potato included. And I'm stuffed. In fact, usually after 2-3 days like this, I start skipping breakfast because I'm simply not hungry.

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    LOL @ "Primal Potato Diet"...this is the point where people start losing their minds.

The magic continues. I'm 2 weeks and 2 days into this process. M-F eating only potatoes until supper, then a regular primal meal, weekends eat normal primal as best I can. I'm down 9.5 lbs from where I started, about 6.5 lbs of that is real weight loss, as I was very bloated when I started. This is so darn painless. If I get hungry, I just eat another potato, usually made into potato chips for the crunch. But I don't often get hungry. Did you know that you can get over 50 potato chips from one medium sized potato? That's alot of crunching and mouth satisfaction. And unlike commercial fried potato chips, I'm actually full after a bowl of the fat-free chips. Pretty cool!

And I'm not obese with lots to lose . I"m talking from 150's into 140's. Belly is flatter, but so are hips and thighs. I'm into a smaller sized pants. Pretty freaking amazing. I am so indebted to Otzi for bringing this diet variation/tool to our attention.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I've been doing an 19/5 IF where I have a snack at 3:00 pm and eat a meal between 6:00 and 7:00. Lately I've found that no matter what I ate at 3:00 I was so hungry that I couldn't wait for supper and ended up snacking uncontrollably or just eating too much. I just had potatoes yesterday at 3:00 and I was able to wait for supper before eating again.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    So inspiring! You guys are doing fantastic! I haven't weighed in awhile..... maybe tomorrow
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

End of week 3 report: After 3 weeks of my version of the Primal Potato Diet, I am down a total of 10 lbs. I weighed this morning at 146.0 lbs, though I saw 145.5 lbs yesterday. I dropped 6.5 lbs in the first 5 day week, rebounded 3 lbs over the first weekend, dropped 5 lbs the next workweek (a net loss of 2 lbs), rebounded only 0.5 lbs the second weekend, then lost 2 lbs this past workweek (net loss of 1.5 lbs). I am definitely smaller, wearing smaller clothes and have lost the torso puffiness.

But more importantly, I feel great. I'm seldom hungry and if I am, I can just eat another potato, usually as microwave potato chips (unsalted, nothing-but-potatoes). I have a regular primal supper (protein and vegetables, occasionally with some potatoes or rice) and almost no snacking. I have plenty of energy for my day-to-day life.

And the amount of extra time this WOE has given me is amazing. I only cook one simple meal per day (and right now, while hubby is away on business, I'm not even doing that - I just make up a batch of something and eat the same thing night after night). No grocery shopping or running into the convenience store for stock-up. Minimal kitchen clean-up. And I'm saving a ton of money. I haven't shopped for groceries in 2 weeks. And on the weekend, I can eat the stuff I'm missing during the week, like bacon and eggs for breakfast or BAS with tuna and avocado for lunch. Believe it or not, those are the things I kinda miss, nothing sweet or junky.

I'm planning another full week of this to finish out March. On Thursday, I drive away for the Easter weekend and will likely eat out frequently, but the brother I'm going to visit is also working the potato hack to some degree, so I can hopefully get through the weekend without too much rebound.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Reporting on the week so far: The week began on Tuesday. I normally do 19/5 IF with a snack at 3:00 and a meal between 6:00 and 7:00 pm. I have been finding myself so much hungrier even though I was eating more calories than previously that I ended up eating during dinner prep. A 2 week break from tracking in an attempt to only eat to satisfy my hunger cravings didn't help. Monday I ended up binging on protein.

Tuesday I started having plain boiled potatoes with salt and vinegar for my break-fast snack.
    Starting weight: 151.2 pounds
    This morning: 148.8 pounds. Looking cut around the shoulders, my upper abs are starting to show.
    The afternoon potato snack satisfies me until dinner, and I don't get hungry in the evening. This has been a total success.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Fantastic!

I think I have done my little reset long enough. So, DD28 and I are doing this next week. We did a day yesterday, so she knows what she is getting into

Thanks for posting y'all!!!
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marthat View Post
    And the amount of extra time this WOE has given me is amazing. I only cook one simple meal per day (and right now, while hubby is away on business, I'm not even doing that - I just make up a batch of something and eat the same thing night after night). No grocery shopping or running into the convenience store for stock-up. Minimal kitchen clean-up. And I'm saving a ton of money. I haven't shopped for groceries in 2 weeks. And on the weekend, I can eat the stuff I'm missing during the week, like bacon and eggs for breakfast or BAS with tuna and avocado for lunch. Believe it or not, those are the things I kinda miss, nothing sweet or junky.
    I love that you made this your own and worked it out! The traditional potato diet, ie. nuttin' but spuds, gets old fast and leaves you a bit depleted in energy and nutrition. Your version looks like it keeps you pumped up and ready to go. It's almost like you are IF'ing with a potato snack thrown in--hey people do it with Bullet-Proof Coffee and call it a fast, maybe you stumbled on to the next fad! How does "Intermittent Potato Fast" sound? It should be great for Insulin Sensitivity and refilling glycogen for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    I love that you made this your own and worked it out! The traditional potato diet, ie. nuttin' but spuds, gets old fast and leaves you a bit depleted in energy and nutrition. Your version looks like it keeps you pumped up and ready to go. It's almost like you are IF'ing with a potato snack thrown in--hey people do it with Bullet-Proof Coffee and call it a fast, maybe you stumbled on to the next fad! How does "Intermittent Potato Fast" sound? It should be great for Insulin Sensitivity and refilling glycogen for sure.
    I"m actually eating three times a day most days, just that I'm only cooking about once a day. I eat either a grated up potato dry-fried for breakfast, or I make potato chips with my chipmaker (crazy, eh? Healthy potato chips for breakfast! But it's one medium potato either way). And then I have a 1 1/2 to 2 cup serving of mashed potatoes with beef broth added for flavour. I make a batch at the beginning of the week and just take a bowl each day as my lunch. So I only make supper, and even that, as I said, is usually warmed up leftovers at the moment.

If the main nutritional effect of the potato-only regime is the short chain fatty acids produced in the bowel, then maybe it is rather like a fat supported IF... I've never checked to see if I achieve anything approaching ketosis. It's just not one of my goals.

Page 46 of 54 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast