Page 44 of 54 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Potato Diet (PPD) page 44

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I love how my appetite drops off after about 2 days of potatoes. This morning, I hit the road about 10 a.m. for a small road trip to visit some friend's shops in nearby towns. I really wasn't hungry before, so I didn't eat breakfast, just had my organic black coffee. I had a black coffee about at about 11:30 at one friend's shop, then about 12:30 I had about half a cup of cold mashed potatoes (between shops). That held me until about 3 when I had another half a cup or so of mashed potatoes (obviously I had taken them with me in the car - you can't buy dry mashed potatoes anywhere - LOL). When I finally got home about 4, I made potatoes chips in the microwave using my Topchip maker - I love that thing! That was it until supper. Probably about 1 1/2 potatoes, max. And no hunger, no cravings, no problems.

This is such as successful diet hack for me.

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    I'm finding the same too. I had a lot yesterday once they were cooked but then hit the wall and managed one more before bed. Feel as well fed this morning (I haven't eaten yet) as ever.

Salina13 is offline Member
    My husband and I are starting this today for a few days and I'm wondering if there's a certain way that the potatoes have to be prepared. I've read in some places that the potatoes need to be cooked and then refrigerated and eaten when cold in order to get the right starch. I love eating them raw.
    Ideas?

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Salina13 View Post
    My husband and I are starting this today for a few days and I'm wondering if there's a certain way that the potatoes have to be prepared. I've read in some places that the potatoes need to be cooked and then refrigerated and eaten when cold in order to get the right starch. I love eating them raw.
    Ideas?
    For the weight-loss diet, you just need to eat them any way you like, but I have found the plainer the better. I like to boil about 5 pounds at a time, eat a few hot then refrigerate the leftovers for eating the next day either re-warmed or cold. Baked are also good, some cook them in large quantities in a crock pot. For a nice change, shred and fry them without oil, or slice/cube the cold potatoes and fry w/o oil for home fries. The trouble with hashbrowns and homefries is you can overeat on them they are so good!

One word of caution. For me, it has to be all-or-none. I can't do 'mostly potatoes' like some. Once I start eating other foods, it's all over. If I stick to straight potatoes I can keep it up for weeks. I've done 2 weeks in the past, but find 1 week is very do-able and actually enjoyable. After 10 days it gets very monotonous although you will see big drops on the scale!

If this works for you, consider adding potatoes into your normal daily eating habits. I find they keep my weight stable and prevent regaining the weight I lost.

If you are after resistant starch, eat about 1/2 a raw potato (peeled) and some cooked and cooled potatoes each day. This will give you all the RS you need.

Salina13 is offline Member
    Thanks otzi!
    This morning we sliced them into thin round slices and fried with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Lunch is boiled potatoes mashed with the same spices. I'm glad its okay to eat them raw, that will satisfy my need for something "crunchy".
    I don't really understand the whole resistant starch discussion but am glad to only eat one item for awhile. It gets a little frustrating trying to think of new things to make all of the time!

Baked potatoes with Tabasco or salt, pepper, and vinegar are superb. Surprisingly filling too!

I've had six so far today - wasn't there a guy eating 20 a day?

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by chronyx View Post
    Baked potatoes with Tabasco or salt, pepper, and vinegar are superb. Surprisingly filling too!

I've had six so far today - wasn't there a guy eating 20 a day?
    Home

Thanks otzi. I have no idea how he managed 20 a day I thought 6 - 8 was loads.

Anyone else notice a bit of...sluggishness in the gut department? I was doing VLC but with plenty of olive and coconut oil and seafood recently and found things were fine.

I guess it's just down to the sudden change, but how long before things normalise? I don't like the idea of stuff hanging around too long inside

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    My dogs, my little chihuahua especially is doing great. Her hair has all grown back in. I have been giving her Whey every day, from my homemade greek yogurt, and more meat scraps and bones. She really loves salmon and eggs. Just a few weeks ago, I switched their dog food to grain free but her hair was already mostly grown back in. She is much happier. So at least something is working for her

My crazy @$$ dogs, want my tators!? What's up with that? They can be asleep, but when I get a tator out, here they come, wanting their share.

If they did this before, I didnt notice, but I dont think they have cuz this was pretty obvious.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

marthat is offline Senior Member
    I love the appetite suppression effect of this WOE. Today I took my son to Toronto for a shopping roadtrip. I wasn't hungry for B, so I had only black coffee until 12:30. At that point we were in Ikea, so we had lunch there - mashed potatoes, of course, plus meatballs and a green salad. All, plus a drink for $5. And then, other than a cup of black coffee that I had taken along in my thermos, I had nothing until I walked in the door at home at 7 p.m. I was good and hungry by then and hoovered down a piece of cold baked fish and some fried Asian cabbage. And I'm full again.

On a regular diet I could NEVER go so long without eating. Amazing!

BTW, I was down another lb this morning, to a new low of 148.7 lbs.

Page 44 of 54 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast