Page 43 of 54 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Potato Diet (PPD) page 43

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Down 1 lb since yesterday to 151.5, still up 2 lbs since Saturday.

Tomorrow evening, my hubby leaves for 2 and a half weeks in China. For the first time ever, I will be home entirely alone for an extended period. On all his previous trips, I had my son living at home with me, but he has moved into his own place. I'm looking forward to having fairly complete control over the food in the house. I'm busy cleaning out the fridge of the stuff that I don't want to go bad while he's away. I plan to stick to potatoes all day for at least the work week, then add some protein at supper. I won't need to make a "coordinated" meal if I don't feel like it.

After 27 years of marriage and parenthood, this will be a new experience for me!

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Good Job!

I did a tator day yesterday. Down .4 today. I had eggs this morning though. I have to give a little speech here after bit, and I am a bit ansy and chose eggs for some reason. I guess I will do a high fat day today, and tators tomorrow again
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Dena is offline Junior Member
    Okay, sooo... nothing but potatoes for one and a half days and I'm up a pound and a half. I will say I ate a LOT of potatoes yesterday but have had only 2 today -- already getting to where the thought of eating another one makes me sick. And I didn't cheat. In fact, I didn't even use the 1 tsp. fat allowed per day. Just plain potatoes mashed up with some dried herbs. I'm in deload week and not exercising at all but I thought that was supposed to help?

I'm going to give it another day but if the scale goes up again, I'm tempted to bail.

Thoughts?

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    I visit the forum for the first time in ages and potatoes are suddenly not only back in but encouraged!

Go on then I'll give it a go.

Any thoughts on having them with cinnamon for its blood sugar regulating properties?

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by chronyx View Post
    I visit the forum for the first time in ages and potatoes are suddenly not only back in but encouraged!

Go on then I'll give it a go.

Any thoughts on having them with cinnamon for its blood sugar regulating properties?
    Cinnamon would be an awesome spice for a potato-only diet. Vinegar has the same effect and generally goes better with potatoes. If you are going to try a full-fledged "potato-diet", here's some advice: Be prepared. Buy about 10-15lbs of potatoes and cook up 4-5 pounds at a time so you have a ready source of potatoes to eat. Try to eat 2-3lbs a day, it is possible to overeat. Cook without oil or fat. Eat as plainly as possible.

This works for a lot of people to lose close to a pound a day, but some people don't. If you aren't liking it and not losing weight, just quit. No harm/no foul.

Thanks for your reply Otzi.

I enjoyed orange sweet potatoes with nutmeg, ginger, and cinnamon mashed up with copious amounts of coconut oil as a recovery meal after heavy power lifting sessions.

I have already started and got decent 'Elfe' potatoes and white sweet potatoes cooked and ready to eat! Have eaten quite a lot today, but was VLC all last week. I now feel full, but with a 'sensation' in my stomach area. Have no urge to eat.

They've been plain apart from a drop of Tabasco on one just to try. Vinegar sounds odd but I will try it!

otzi Guest

I have already started and got decent 'Elfe' potatoes and white sweet potatoes .... Vinegar sounds odd but I will try it!
    Elfe potatoes are great, but not sure what you mean by white sweet potatoes. You don't want to use sweet potatoes, just white potatoes--the kind they grow all over the UK. Doesn't everybody in England put vinegar on chips?

I don't know how else to describe them...they're called Bushbok white sweet potatoes. They're gone now anyway.

I like vinegar on chips but never thought about it on just a potato! Just plain malt vinegar? I have red wine and balsamic too...

otzi Guest
    I don't know how else to describe them...they're called Bushbok white sweet potatoes. They're gone now anyway.

I like vinegar on chips but never thought about it on just a potato! Just plain malt vinegar? I have red wine and balsamic too...
    Salt and vinegar seem to be a perfect match to potatoes. The vinegar is said to lessen the glycemic load of the potato, but I just like the taste. Any vinegar is fine. I like malt vinegar best, but often use apple cider vinegar, too.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    That's good to know about the vinegar, it's starting to sound quite appetizing!

Page 43 of 54 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast