Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Potato Diet (PPD) page 4

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I think i will try it next after I have a few weeks on unstructured, happy diet of whatever good food I wish to eat
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

fat belly frog is offline Senior Member
    Start of day 4 - down 5.2kgs to date

Dinner last night and breakfast this morning
    ~300g baby potatoes boiled with mixed herbs, veggies and greens mixed in.

Potato protocol *salad *-*
    1 kg baby potatoes mixed in with finely chopped 1/4 hot chilli, 1/2 spring onion, bunch chives, fresh mint, and a bit of red pepper finely chopped and mixed thru, about 1/2 cup total of herbs, veggies and greens into 1kg of potatoes. Enough for a couple of meals

This tasted bloody great, the taste buds have really settled down, in the past a potato salad would have had bacon, egg, mayonnaise and about 3 times the calories. Still feeling good, no major cravings. I do get hungry a bit more but have either cold rice or potatoes in the fridge ready to go. Did a 20 min body weight work out on gym rings last night, energy and strength levels are good, appreciating the weight loss

Cheers
    "Times fun when you are having Flies" Kermit the frog

fat belly frog is offline Senior Member
    Edit double post

Cheers
    Last edited by fat belly frog; 11-09-2012 at 03:40 PM.
    "Times fun when you are having Flies" Kermit the frog

denshand is offline Junior Member
    water loss is a classic issue with low carb and/or low salt, whereas most people on spuds are not only on high carb by definition but also tend to be a little generous with the salt. Especially by the 3rd day...

AlanC is offline Senior Member
    Mmm... Why is "denshand" pasting what I posted as their 3rd ever post?

AC

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanC View Post
    Mmm... Why is "denshand" pasting what I posted as their 3rd ever post?

AC
    He wants us to eat MOAR spam.

alisonreinvented is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for creating this thread!

I only had a few days to try this out, but feel like it worked for me. Here are my results:

I only did 3 days of potatoes, averaged about 2lbs of potatoes/day. I will say that my weight prior to starting was around 140-141 and I had been that weight for about a month and within the range of 138-140 for the last year. However, right before starting, I had a few glasses of wine on Saturday & Sunday and that always adds weight for a couple days for me.

Monday starting weight - 143.4
    Tuesday - 140.6 (overnight = -2.8)
    Wednesday - 140.6 (overnight = 0, total weightloss = -2.8)
    Thursday (back to regular food) - 139.4 (overnight = -1.2, total weightloss = -4)
    Friday - 138.6 (overnight = -.8, total weightloss = -4.8)
    Saturday (today) - 138.6

You can look at it one way and say that I lost 4.8 lbs for 3 days of potatoes or probably the more realistic viewpoint is that I lost 2lbs from my base weight (prior to a weekend of wine). Either way, I'm pretty happy with my results for just 3 days of potatoes.

I tried every kind of preparation but my favorite and easiest way to eat the potatoes were just baked (I would bake a bunch and have them on standby in the fridge). I would scoop out the insides and mix with salt & pepper and maybe some beef broth, then broil the skins for a few minutes and eat those with a little bit of ketchup.

Like others have said, I'll keep this in my back pocket as trick to use in the future. May give it another whirl before the holidays in December.

Good luck to everyone!

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by denshand View Post
    water loss is a classic issue with low carb and/or low salt, whereas most people on spuds are not only on high carb by definition but also tend to be a little generous with the salt. Especially by the 3rd day...
    This is bunk because the body uses up energy whenever there is a calorie deficit, which most people are, severely, eating only potatoes. If you have excess glycogen when starting the potato diet, you are going to lose all that glycogen before the body turns to body fat. Hence water weight loss.

alisonreinvented is offline Junior Member
    I just realized this is my first post ever on MDA! (whoo hoo!!) Apparently it took potatoes to get me to join a conversation

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    I did a weight lifting workout on Wednesday and today. Happy to report no loss in strength, no dizziness or any issues at all with eating just potatoes. I've been surprised at how steady and stable my mood and fitness have been. I really expected to be a grouchy beyotch at this point, but am feeling pretty happy. I have about 3 days left, weight is continuing to drop. It's probably just because that is where my attention is focused, but I feel the loss mostly in my stomach, which is awesome.

Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast