Page 38 of 54 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Potato Diet (PPD) page 38

Gibtron is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Can't beat good ole salt and vinegar,but does the salt not hold onto water weight?
    Not eating THAT much salt BTW! Ha!!
    Need
    To
    Sleep
    Gibtron!!
    "It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all,in which case you've failed by default"

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibtron View Post
    Been reading a lot about phd sounds good to incorporate with PB but seems impossible to get book here and can't get it for my kindle, do u find it easy to follow?
    I don't know if this will help you, but I bought it from Amazon for my kindle reader for my PC. The reader is a free download from Amazon.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Cool cheers gopintos will look at that, we only have apple tho so maybe a prob?
    And they were sold out in chapters in Canada :'(
    "It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all,in which case you've failed by default"

Morning!!
    Woke up after one of THE best nights sleep for a long time(could put it down to jet lag but slept better than even when we were away!) didn't feel as exhausted as Normal,but with a urge for brekkie(first day back at work and sometimes don't get a lunch at all)
    So 240g shredded and tossed on George foreman-trusty pal,with a little vinegar,mustard and hot sauce to season...AFTER JUMPING ON THE SCALES!!
    Can only use 3letters(now feel like the 16yr old gals at work!)
    O
    M
    G!
    Scales down from a depressing 149lbs yesterday to 143.6 that's a whopping 5.4 lbs for I have to admit a enjoyable couple of meals just of taters!
    If I can carry on and get back on track I'm really hoping this is going to show some positive things in my training aswell-feel really excited!
    Got a evening when I'll be drinking Saturday so will just have to see where this takes it!

Thankyou everyone for all your help and support- is good to finally be posting rather than lurking behind closed doors!!

Whoop! 140.2 this morning
    Slightly missing more primal stuff tho!
    But to craving sugar which is good!!

More want that relief with the starch really and I've been following the apple and PB and love it but hoping can maybe incorporate a few servings of rice or potatoes back in
    Think the worse thing had was in the evenings started taking a trip to the shop for bags of choc to sit and nibble on
    Bf has a very sweet tooth and normally resist but when we are away the "different " choc always looks so tempting!!

Oh and a couple of bags of Indiana kettle corn drizzled in choc from whole foods OMG!
    Not in defensive but I do find I put weight on so easy when out of my routine so baddies like choc certainly don't help!!

otzi Guest
    ...want that relief with the starch really and I've been following the apple and PB and love it but hoping can maybe incorporate a few servings of rice or potatoes back in ...
    Not in defensive but I do find I put weight on so easy when out of my routine so baddies like choc certainly don't help!!
    I've always been one to put on weight easily, too. I'm finding since adding the starchy stuff back in, my weight is more stable and I feel more like 'I'm there' in terms of how to live out the remainder of my life. When I was counting carbs and avoiding potatoes and rice like the plague, I was weighing myself daily and trying to make adjustments based on those weights. Now, I'm not finding the urge to be that anal about it, if that makes sense.

Really? Well here's hoping I can get stable too, it is SOO disheartening when your weight just jumps up 4-5lbs for NO reason!!
    I'm envious of people who don't struggle like that!
    I'm exactly the same completely go carb scared and end up cutting everything out and being less healthy
    I just WANT PB to work for me so much, just need to ditch the bad habits for end and to then just enjoy it and stop being such A worrier and beating myself up!

otzi Guest
    Really? Well here's hoping I can get stable too, it is SOO disheartening when your weight just jumps up 4-5lbs for NO reason!!
    I'm envious of people who don't struggle like that!
    I'm exactly the same completely go carb scared and end up cutting everything out and being less healthy
    I just WANT PB to work for me so much, just need to ditch the bad habits for end and to then just enjoy it and stop being such A worrier and beating myself up!
    The good thing that came out of the Potato Diet for me, was a knowledge that all carbs aren't bad. I'm now eating about a pound of potatoes a day in addition to my regular PB food, and feeling really good. Once you get over the mental hurdle, it's very liberating to just eat good foods and not worry about weight so much.

I know I was hurting myself in workout gains by worrying too much about weight and the resultant carb cutting that went along with it. I'm finding now I can eat potatoes or rice with two meals a day and it doesn't cause the massive weight gain I once feared it would.

Today, before lunch (no breakfast), I did 100 chinups (3 sets of 20, 2 sets of 15, and one set of 10) in about 20 minutes. This is my personal best--I haven't been able to go past about 60 in sets like this in the past. I then ate 2 big pieces of salmon, a big baked potato, and collard greens for lunch, then walked 3 miles while doing 200 pushups in sets of 25 and a bunch of squats.

Dinner will be leftover taco meat over rice and then 30 minutes on treadmill hill climb interspersed with more pushups/pullups.

I have been exercising like this 3x week for past month and can't believe how good it feels to be making gains again. On my rest days, I go a little lighter on the potatoes and food in general, but not much.

No way I could have done all that on the low carbs I was eating for last 2 years.

PrimalCon New York
    That's so true!
    Have u found that your weight has changed at all by adding the daily potatoes? Or just completely stabilised!
    I'm hitting the gym for first time tomoro but will be a slightly lighter session as have hurt chest snowboarding! And don't wanna lift to heavy weights
    I have found my training has stayed the same for a while now and not been able to up the weights etc so excited that might be able to up and increase!
    And lose the carb fear!
    Thankyou seriously Otzi for all your help been a pleasure meeting you and ill try not to inundate you with stupid questions in future!
    Just love the apple and good to be a proper part of it! And also to clear up any of the queries I have!
    Today is my 3rd day potato and really enjoying it! Having a few drinks tonight and then back on it tomoro!
    How long has you been primal?

Page 38 of 54 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast