Page 36 of 54 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Potato Diet (PPD) page 36

otzi Guest
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibtron View Post
    Cheers Otzi much appreciated!
    Looking forwards to starting! Did someone say too u can add a little sauerkraut? If anyone has any good recipes to keep me going please throw them my way!
    Also what did people add if they did mash?or just nothing *dry* eeek!

I'm same with the ole water weight you get all disheartened but you know that normally u can shift it fairly quick, just frustrating as always makes you feel swollen!!
    Some people liked a bit of sauerkraut, especially with mashed potatoes. My favorite way ended up being plain old boiled potatoes. Eat them warm or cold. All they need is a little salt, but ketchup isn't bad, either. Shredded and dry-fried is really good, but almost too good, if you know what I mean! I do those maybe once or twice in the week. If you have a slow cooker, fill it with potatoes and about an inch of water, cook on high for about 3 hours, store cooled potatoes in the fridge and take them out as you need them. This really should be about eating potatoes to sustain your life without being hungry, not about finding ways to cook potatoes so tasty you can eat 6 pounds in a day!

Once I get in a groove, I am perfectly content to skip breakfast, eat about 1/2 pound of potato (one med size potato) at noon and then 2 or 3 potatoes for dinner in the evening. If I need a snack, there are cold potatoes in the fridge. Works really well. If you start adding a couple almonds or a piece of cheese, you star fixating on other foods and it really spoils the effect of being full on about 1/2 your normal calories.

Where are you in the UK? I used to live in Feltwell, Norfolk, on a potato farm of all places!
    Have fun!

Gibtron is offline Member
    Cheers for the ideas will defo those and the slow cooker is good for those
    "Desperate" moments!
    Hmm I need to make sure I don't enjoy it too much and over eat!!
    I live in West Sussex near Brighton-holding in Canada at mo!
    Potato farm-that could've been very helpful a few weeks back!!

Sounds sad but REALLY looking forwards to doing the experiment when back!

Marck is offline Banned
    Well!!!Potato diet is the best source to get the energy and fitness.I read out your
    posts and i agree with your reviews.According to me that potatoes diets are so
    good for gain weight and build the body muscles....

amerikian is offline Junior Member

Thumbs up 6 Days on PPD

Starting Weight - 198.2 lbs

Day 1 - 196.2 lbs
    Day 2 - 194.8 lbs
    Day 3 - 195.0 lbs
    Day 4 - 195.4 lbs
    Day 5 - 196.0 lbs

End of Day 6 - 192.2 lbs

Dropped 6 pounds. I did eat a HUGE burrito the night before I started which may have skewed the starting weight.

I was gonna go 7 - 10 days but broke down and had to have real food. Otherwise it was pretty easy and effortless. I felt "cold" sometimes, but other than that my energy levels were great and felt normal.
    SW (207lbs) 8/1/2012
    CW (188lbs)
    Primal Since 8/1/2102

Bike commute to work 20 miles/day ~ rain, shine, or snow.

Quote Originally Posted by amerikian View Post
    Starting Weight - 198.2 lbs

Day 1 - 196.2 lbs
    Day 2 - 194.8 lbs
    Day 3 - 195.0 lbs
    Day 4 - 195.4 lbs
    Day 5 - 196.0 lbs

End of Day 6 - 192.2 lbs

Dropped 6 pounds. I did eat a HUGE burrito the night before I started which may have skewed the starting weight.
    That's the sort of feed back I wanna hear!!
    Missing my food missing my training!!

colbyhorsman is offline Junior Member
    I started today. Weighed myself this morning at 161. I have been following the PB for about six months now very low carb. No grains, no tubers, recently cut out carrots and onions as well. The weight loss has been fantastic up until recently. I am very close to my goal weight, I have maybe 10-15 pounds left to lose in order to be where I want, down 45 so far. And finally see my abs for the first time in my life!

I have been having some crazy uncontrollable sugar cravings lately, something I have never had before. So hopefully this carb refeed will help out with those. Then in a few days I can bounce back into LC.

-Colby

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by colbyhorsman View Post
    I started today. Weighed myself this morning at 161. I have been following the PB for about six months now very low carb. No grains, no tubers, recently cut out carrots and onions as well. The weight loss has been fantastic up until recently. I am very close to my goal weight, I have maybe 10-15 pounds left to lose in order to be where I want, down 45 so far. And finally see my abs for the first time in my life!

I have been having some crazy uncontrollable sugar cravings lately, something I have never had before. So hopefully this carb refeed will help out with those. Then in a few days I can bounce back into LC.

-Colby
    If it works well for you, I'd recommend keeping potatoes in your daily eating afterwards, long-term, like 300-500 calories worth a day (1 or 2 potatoes). You will find it doesn't cause weight gain or hunger. It's cheap and cheap insurance to keep your glycogen stores full and gut flora happy. It can still be part of LC as 1-2 potatoes is only about 100g carbs.

I found through several years of LC that living with empty glycogen stores led to huge weight fluctuations and poor workout gains.

colbyhorsman is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the info. I am very active, I do stronglifts 3x a week, sprints once and run 5-10k once or twice a week. And usually walk on the treadmill through my lunch breaks. Everything was going well until christmas, when the sugar cavings started.

Althaur is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    If it works well for you, I'd recommend keeping potatoes in your daily eating afterwards, long-term, like 300-500 calories worth a day (1 or 2 potatoes). You will find it doesn't cause weight gain or hunger. It's cheap and cheap insurance to keep your glycogen stores full and gut flora happy. It can still be part of LC as 1-2 potatoes is only about 100g carbs.

I found through several years of LC that living with empty glycogen stores led to huge weight fluctuations and poor workout gains.
    Um, you do know the body will take protein and convert it to fill empty glycogen stores don't you? I usually stay fairly LC and have never had an issue with "empty glycogen stores". That goes for HEAVY lifting and very long, very intense cardio. MAYBE it was something else going on of which you were unaware?

PrimalCon New York
    Looking forwards to seeing how you get on Colbyhorsman!
    I've placed my online food shop for when I get back!
    Otzi-you a said u recommend keeping 'tators in daily eating do you mean JUST odd day of tators or combine ith other meals?

*carb scared*
    Silly I know!!
    Anything I can do to help weight and good workouts is always good!!

Page 36 of 54 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast