Page 31 of 54 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Potato Diet (PPD) page 31

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    I'll be doing a blog series if anyone wants to follow along. I'll post the link later.
    Awesome!
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Does anybody else feel freezing cold after eating their potato meal? The cold feeling lasts for about 1/2 hour to 45 minutes and then goes away. Weird! It's probably the only downside of the potato fast for me.

tatertot is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by primarilyprimal View Post
    Does anybody else feel freezing cold after eating their potato meal? The cold feeling lasts for about 1/2 hour to 45 minutes and then goes away. Weird! It's probably the only downside of the potato fast for me.
    Funny, I just read this on Matt Stone's blog Eat for Heat – 180 Degree Health in the comments:

Hey Matt.

Just read your book…fantastic! I suffer from Raynaud’s and ALWAYS have cold hands and feet. My sleep is sporadic at best (don’t remember the last time I actually slept 6 hours straight). I don’t go the bathroom more than normal though.

However, after reading your book, I made potatoes fried in coconut oil….and my feet and hands warmed within 20 minutes and my temp actually read 98 degrees! Now, I realize this may still seem low but my average is usually between 95.9 and 96.5!!

Will definitely play around with drinking only to thirst (I have always been downing the water).

I am off gluten but really wondering if everything will change for me once I can get my temp regulated and my body relaxed. Thoughts?

Thanks again!

calee is offline Senior Member
    I'll be doing the all sweet potatoes this week. I'm interested to see if I feel better not adding white taters. I will probably do five days as I have two events on Saturday, then Sunday go out of town on business for four days. I hate the thought of the food fest with many coworkers. It will take a lot of mindfulness. I hope to jump back on taters when I return to minimize any travel damage.

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Hi potato eaters - I'm going to start the thread later on tonight in Odds and Ends before I go to
    bed (just cuz there are some early risers I'm sure, and we're not all in the same state/country).

I'll come back to this thread when I'm done and post a link to it.

Anyone that is doing ANY kind of challenge with potatoes, feel free to post in it with stats or any
    other kind of OCD stuff/results you want to.

Also, if we are bombarded by any purists/alarmists or haters, please just ignore
    the comments and move on.

We don't need yet another potato thread being 600000000 pages long trying to defend this
    HACK we're doing.

I'm all ready for tomorrow, and my husband thinks I'm stone cold crazy, but that's nothing new. HAR!!!

Julie

fateater is offline Member
    Well Day 4 I'm beginning to think this is less a Hack and more a simple way to restrict calories and therefore have a deficit and therefore lose weight. I'm still expanding. I am not restricting, and I am not stuffing myself, I'm eating to hunger and hitting around 2000 daily still. Nothing except potatoes. Not sure if I will continue tomorrow. If I'm going to gain weight, I might as well do it with delicious coconut milk beef curries and eggs with butter.

Bobert is offline Senior Member
    To everyone starting this or already doing this, please take a Mg supplement. No reason to have an auto-immune disease triggered because you didnt spend the nickle a day for Mg.

Kilian is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fateater View Post
    Well Day 4 I'm beginning to think this is less a Hack and more a simple way to restrict calories and therefore have a deficit and therefore lose weight. I'm still expanding. I am not restricting, and I am not stuffing myself, I'm eating to hunger and hitting around 2000 daily still. Nothing except potatoes. Not sure if I will continue tomorrow. If I'm going to gain weight, I might as well do it with delicious coconut milk beef curries and eggs with butter.
    I could probably attribute this to my inclusion of vegetables in my potato experiment, but I've been hitting my daily calories as well and have gotten a little flabby because of it. I've definitely got some flab on my stomach now which I haven't seen in a couple years. I think it's time for me to go back to regular eating and calorie cycling LeanGains style. Works much better for me in staying lean and gaining strength. Oh well. It was fun while it lasted!

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    My first blog post on my high-potato diet is up: The Potato Plus+ Diet (Mary McDougall Mini Diet) | the 3volution of j3nn & the art of voluntary living

I'm doing it for 10 days. I don't expect my results to be typical or similar to the original. I have a lot of unusual variables that most people don't (anemia, chronic low potassium, a prescription that decreases my insulin sensitivity and elevates my triglycerides). This is for my personal experiment, it's not meant to take away from the original hack, but perhaps it can add an option to it if anyone likes the idea of adding more variety to a good idea.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Okay guys, here is our thread for stats and the challenge:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1022272

Julie

Page 31 of 54 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast