Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Potato Diet (PPD) page 3

otzi Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Hey, tatertot, great idea starting new thread. Sorry for the drama on the original. I think this will be a great place to share ideas.

I have found I can lose a little more than 1/2 pound a day for 14 days no problem. I liked to do the 'PPD' (great acronym!) with a little more variety, I liked frying them with no oil and drenching them in apple cider vinegar. I also used some ketchup, mustard, and a little raw onion. I will be the first to say it takes some willpower to muscle through, especially the first few days. After 4 or 5 days it just becomes mundane and you don't really think much about eating just potatoes.

The best part is right at the end, your first post-PPD meal is the best! Your taste buds are primed and everything tastes wonderful. Plus, your stomach isn't shrivelled up and you can eat whatever you want right off the bat. When I used to fast, that first meal could cause problems and result in quick trips to the men's room, especially if there was coconut oil involved...

Anyway, best of luck, hope everyone who has tried it posts their results and others can try as well.

Later

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Since monday morning I have today thursday nigh "lost" 11 pound, doing carb depletion and cycling from high carb to low carb dieting. Maybe 1/2 pound of this is fatloss. Maybe. Losing weight fast is pretty easy, the question is WHAT you are losing...
    Last edited by Gorbag; 11-08-2012 at 05:07 PM.

70in2012 is offline Senior Member
    Rosti is my favourite food. I was a bit sad to ditch it in my primal quest.
    Rosti it is for diner today.
    Few but ripe.

fat belly frog is offline Senior Member
    Mashed Potato's...

Last night I had mashed Potatoes made in the following way,
    Boiled in water with fresh chopped rosmary and a clove of garlic
    Added in Black pepper and 1/4 beef stock cube to some of the reserved liquid. Removed some of the rosmary and mashed until creamy.

Didnt miss the butter or cream or milk that I would normaly mash them with, I know I know I am supper bad for using a stock cube oh the salt will kill me....
    "Times fun when you are having Flies" Kermit the frog

palebluedots is offline Senior Member
    I'm not sure I understand all the potato enthusiasm. Seems like you're basically doing the McDougall Starch Solution thing?

At any rate, for some reason, with me, eating potatoes causes major sugar cravings. I've been so much better off since deciding not to eat potatoes. But hey, if it works for you guys, power to ya!

fat belly frog is offline Senior Member
    Hey bluedots,

I have found the extract opposite, cravings have all but disappeared. Just crave a bit of salt at the moment... I have tried IF, Whole 30, VLC, Meat and eggs and found that I still craved big time, loaded up the cream in the coffee, slice of cheese, more calories than I should have eaten etc. Fruit, nuts and lots of healthy fats...maybe I am weak....

But currently with the body running on starches and high fat (body fat...), or maybe any mono foods I finding it easy as so far, Still early days as only 3 days in so will see if I feel the same next week. Social function tonight will be the tester, can I get away with water only and hot potatoes before and after.... I also think having only two pretty bland food choices simplifies things and takes any emotional eating out of it as well. Just finished my 500g of boiled Potato's with a splash of hot sauce for lunch, hadn't eaten all morning as I didn't feel like it even after swimming, normally I am starving after swimming and have B&E's

Bit of a challenge/change every now and then is good for the soul and an open mind and lets face it if we all were not open minded in the first place we wouldn't have been eating Primal/Paleo... which is still a great long term way to eat.

cheers
    "Times fun when you are having Flies" Kermit the frog

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tatertot View Post
    I'm not a huge work-out guy. I walk lots and do pushups, pullups, and have a giant tractor tire I flip around the yard a couple times a week. I guess I really embraced the 'play' aspect of PB fitness. I hope Mr. Anthony tries it out and gives a good report on his feel for the muscle catabolism portion of the equation.
    Don't worry; if I end up doing it, I'll do it up with pics, weights, measurements, etc. and report back. If I do it, it'll be during a deload week, so I guess a bit of muscle loss would be expected...but I'd prefer to avoid it as much as possible.

tatertot is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by palebluedots View Post
    I'm not sure I understand all the potato enthusiasm. Seems like you're basically doing the McDougall Starch Solution thing?
    It is kinda silly, I admit it, but it is just so darn unbelievable! So simple, so easy, and it works! I think it is almost exactly like the Starch Solution, but only done for a very short time--not a lifelong deal, just enough to drop some weight quickly and back to normal life. It feels the same way as when I first discovered Primal blueprint--lost a lot of weight, got healthy and told EVERYBODY!

tatertot is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fat belly frog View Post
    Bit of a challenge/change every now and then is good for the soul and an open mind and lets face it if we all were not open minded in the first place we wouldn't have been eating Primal/Paleo... which is still a great long term way to eat.
    cheers
    Anybody else love this attitude?

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tatertot View Post
    Anybody else love this attitude?
    Yes.

While I'm not doing the PPD, I have found that potatoes are a lifesaver when I am having one of my "green veggies make me gag," cycles. I usually like veggies well enough and have found good ways to serve them. But every so often, I just don't want them. Since that's about the only food from which I get any carbs, I find that a nice plate of potatoes'n'eggs fills in.

I get the reject cycle with other foods sometimes, salmon, chicken, liver, but since I eat lots of other fatty protein sources, it's not a prob.

Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast