Page 27 of 54 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Potato Diet (PPD) page 27

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by calee View Post
    I know it wasn't meant as rude. Thing is, I am already feeling particularly swollen in my fingers. I'm reluctant to add much salt to this, but I did salt my evening taters a lot more. I can't imagine waking up even puffier.
    Are you eating just potatoes? If so, it might be a reaction to them. Switch to sweet potatoes and rice for a day or two to see if there's relief. These types of symptoms shouldn't be overlooked on a protocol like this because I don't believe they are normal, or to be expected. This is where I'd take it as a sign to change something before it gets out of control.

That goes to anyone, making ANY diet changes. Abort the mission when there's abnormal negative side effects. We're trying to be healthier, not add new stressors, right?
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

marthat is offline Senior Member
    After Day 2, I am down another lb to 150.0 lbs. That's 2.5 lbs in 2 days of only potatoes, plus my usual Friday night martini with hubby. Pretty amazing considering that I was bloated to 157 last Monday, only 6 days ago. And I'm full! I've only used mic-baked or oven roasted redskins so far, and truth be told, I was finding it a bit hard to face potatoes again for the sixth meal last night. I will need to branch out to other options to be able to stay with this for more than 2 days.

I still plan to join the group on Monday, but I'm going to eat normally for the weekend. That means dinner party with friends tonight and potluck lunch at church tomorrow. I think I might make a potato pancake with grated potato and eggs for breakfast.

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Hi, everyone --- great stream of conversation and sharing.

Way back, Otzi originally suggested to me that I try the Potato Project as I was looking for suggestions to drop belly fat. I found it to be remarkably successful and I've been following everyone else's progress since. While I was on the PP, I ate only potatoes, with a bit of bone broth in the evening to kind of make a potato soup. I was never hungry while eat potatoes however I did find it difficult to eat them day after day because I'm not a big fan of potatoes to begin with. In any event, I felt great and was dropping anywhere from .5 to llbs per day. And most of that fat was coming off my tummy area which was my goal.

Since the PP, my weight has pretty much stabilized although I have lost another 1/2" off my tummy with exercise etc.

I'm taking off on a beach holiday on Dec 23rd and have some pretty lofty goals in terms of how I want this tummy/hips and waist to look. I've completely eliminated alcohol and dairy and, if necessary, I'll go to the wall with the potato project, if necessary, in a week or two.

So, I'll be following everyone's progress here, and may jump in myself in a week or two. Given the time of year, and additional parties etc, the pp is a nice 'go to' for January, as well.

Wishing everyone the best --- and thanks for sharing your experiences. /Lu
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    That goes to anyone, making ANY diet changes. Abort the mission when there's abnormal negative side effects. We're trying to be healthier, not add new stressors, right?
    I would agree. You dont want to be miserable and uncomfortable, possibly doing more harm than good.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

calee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    Are you eating just potatoes? If so, it might be a reaction to them. Switch to sweet potatoes and rice for a day or two to see if there's relief. These types of symptoms shouldn't be overlooked on a protocol like this because I don't believe they are normal, or to be expected. This is where I'd take it as a sign to change something before it gets out of control.

Thanks for the response. While I haven't measured my BG, I know it must be spiking because I get outrageously hungry. I haven't experienced this level of hunger in a long time. My swelling is worse, I'm getting a patch of scaly skin next to my nose which is an allergic reaction. I know I'm allergic to eggs and oranges (blood tested) and this is the reaction I get. I think it's the Yukon not the sweet potatoes causing this. My weight is up 1/2 pound this morning. Disappointing at best. Down only 1.5 pounds from 4 days of taters and at 145.6 I can stand to lose many pounds of fat.

I think I will come off the taters for the weekend. See how I feel and what the scale does and perhaps jump back on Monday.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    I usually just use russet. Good and cheap. I had some reds one time. I did have a sweet tator the day before yesterday. I started with it, the same size I normally do a russet, and it wasn't enough. I had to turn around and eat a russett.

I like yukons, I just don't usually buy them.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa655 View Post
    Hi, everyone --- great stream of conversation and sharing.

Way back, Otzi originally suggested to me that I try the Potato Project as I was looking for suggestions to drop belly fat. I found it to be remarkably successful and I've been following everyone else's progress since. While I was on the PP, I ate only potatoes, with a bit of bone broth in the evening to kind of make a potato soup. I was never hungry while eat potatoes however I did find it difficult to eat them day after day because I'm not a big fan of potatoes to begin with. In any event, I felt great and was dropping anywhere from .5 to llbs per day. And most of that fat was coming off my tummy area which was my goal.

Since the PP, my weight has pretty much stabilized although I have lost another 1/2" off my tummy with exercise etc.

I'm taking off on a beach holiday on Dec 23rd and have some pretty lofty goals in terms of how I want this tummy/hips and waist to look. I've completely eliminated alcohol and dairy and, if necessary, I'll go to the wall with the potato project, if necessary, in a week or two.

So, I'll be following everyone's progress here, and may jump in myself in a week or two. Given the time of year, and additional parties etc, the pp is a nice 'go to' for January, as well.

Wishing everyone the best --- and thanks for sharing your experiences. /Lu
    Hey! I wondered how you'd been. Glad to hear everything is working out.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by calee View Post
    I think I will come off the taters for the weekend. See how I feel and what the scale does and perhaps jump back on Monday.
    Sounds like a good plan. Don't do it if it makes you feel worse in any way! Same for any dietary intervention. How's your diet in general? Are you sticking to the Primal Blueprint and gotten your snacking under control? Those were biggies for me a few years ago. If you are having glucose/insulin issues, the only way to tell is to get a glucose tester and test strips. If your glucose stays above 150-200 at the 1 and 2 hour post-eating points, you have issues. If it spikes at 1 hour then drops at the 2 hour point, you are most likely OK. I'd hate to see you playing with this if you have problems in this area, but I thought earlier you said you were OK in the past. The potato diet won't cause glucose problems in 2 weeks, but would definitely expose them.

maladee is offline Member
    Hi calee I think you are doing the right thing ,If later on you feel like going back on ,you can ,patatoes will still be there LOL

In the last 2 days I have lost 1.5 lbs, I have lost 1/2 inch off of waist, the only issue I have is sometimes I feel VERY tired, but this morning I feel Good .
    Last edited by maladee; 12-01-2012 at 09:58 AM. Reason: can not spell

fateater is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm experiencing the opposite. Day 3 in the morning, my hips and thigh measurements are UP. Everything else is the same.
    Not exactly what I was hoping would happen...

Page 27 of 54 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast