Page 21 of 54 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Potato Diet (PPD) page 21

BratKat is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I'm finishing day 3 and it's going pretty well. My favorite meal is potato soup. 3 yukon gold potatoes, boiled in 8 oz. of low-fat free range chicken broth (5 cals.), a little garlic and minced onion, s & p, until soft, pull out a few potato chunks and use the stick blender to turn it into potato cream, throw back in the little chunks for texture, thin slightly with water if it is too thick, and top with a sprinkle of chives. Very tasty with a small baked potato on the side. I haven't been doing sweet potatoes, but might add a small one in every day or two for a treat.

calee is offline Senior Member
    I am done with day 2. I took advice here and made shredded yukon gold taters for dinner. Sprinkled them with sea salt, red pepper flakes and chowed down. I will be looking forward to them for dinner again tomorrow. Not tired of taters yet!

I am getting cramps in my feet. Doesn't make sense as the potassium in taters is so high. I'm really surprised. I'm taking a multi and calcium. Any ideas? I won't let this derail me! Thanks for any insight.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Well, I started out yesterday as a tator day. But then switched gears later, thinking I should eat up some veggies in the frig, along with a few other things like the last of the Greek Yogurt.

Anyways, I am down another 2.2 today from yesterday. Now.... I know I still had a little water weight from my two Thanksgivings, one on Thursday and one on Sunday. So Monday was a gain, but then, I lost 2.2 Tuesday & .2 Wed. (of Low carbing both days) and now 2.2. So, 3.8 of that was my Thanksgiving gain. So I am down an extra .8!!

I am sure this is all just a happy distraction - To make me happy and forget that I didnt win the lottery last night
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

calee is offline Senior Member
    I took a magnesium capsule and the foot cramps stopped. What can I do without supplementing or is this the easiest way?

I notice that my hands are really puffy. I wonder if I am reacting to the nightshades? Anyone else experience this? I am drinking lots of water, herbal tea and two cups of strong decaf. I have not given up the half and half in the decaf. Do you think it would make a huge difference? It makes it much easier to think taters all day if I do the decaf early morning.

Morning three. Down two pounds. Not too bored with potatoes yet. I'm mixing sweet potatoes and Yukon gold. My hunger gets fierce after 8 ounces of Yukon. Last nite I shredded 12 oz of Yukon and dry fried them. I finally felt full! Will do that again tonight.

Day 1- 147.2
    Day 2- 146
    Day 3- 145.2

maladee is offline Member
    at the very start of this diet you are losing a lot of water, so you are flushing potassium, magnesium, out of your body, since we have a good handle on potassium, you may need to supplement mag, until everything equalizes, keep your water intake at 3 liters ,you should be good.

I have not had any hand puffiness, so can not say.

I had to give up my half and half in my decafe , I did notice a difference (i still do not like it)I lost more weight. I would stop for a few days see what is does , it might help.

This is day 7 for me no weight lose last night ):

Bobert is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by calee View Post
    I took a magnesium capsule and the foot cramps stopped. What can I do without supplementing or is this the easiest way?

I notice that my hands are really puffy. I wonder if I am reacting to the nightshades? Anyone else experience this? I am drinking lots of water, herbal tea and two cups of strong decaf. I have not given up the half and half in the decaf. Do you think it would make a huge difference? It makes it much easier to think taters all day if I do the decaf early morning.

Morning three. Down two pounds. Not too bored with potatoes yet. I'm mixing sweet potatoes and Yukon gold. My hunger gets fierce after 8 ounces of Yukon. Last nite I shredded 12 oz of Yukon and dry fried them. I finally felt full! Will do that again tonight.

Day 1- 147.2
    Day 2- 146
    Day 3- 145.2
    Yes, cramping is a sign on magnesium deficiency. Organic Green Leafy would be your best source. Who knows what other vitamins and minerals you are flushing out.

fateater is offline Member
    Well I'm starting today, though I did eat 4 sweet potatoes for dinner last night, as a warm up Not all at once, those made me feel super full. But oh I love them. Baked, with hot sauce.

Yesterday was the first time in 2 months that I ate a significant amount of carbs - I had a hard HIIT workout and decided to have a "carb up" - I've been eating for ketosis and just very low carb. Afterwards I was SO sleepy and tired. I was ready for bed by 6:30pm haha. Anyway. I woke up this morning and am not puffy in the least, like I thought I would be, thirsty and bad breath though. I baked off 7 potatoes last night, because I love a cold potato, so I'm ready if a snack attack hits.

So far, with my black coffee, I can tell it is going to be a mental challenge to NOT eat fat. Where's my coconut cream! I've been getting really really good at consuming lots of fats every day, and loving every moment of it Too much fat I think, because of the way I'm down to only 1 pair of pants which I can barely button up. Ooops. Overdid the "eat all the fat you want while VLCing" thing.

I don't have a weigh scale so I have no idea my starting weight, I just measure with the measuring tape. And by how my clothes fit.

Couple questions if anyone has opinion on?

1. Eat potatoes to saiety? Someone mentioned they were averaging about 2-3 lbs per day?
    2. Thoughts on supplements?
    3. Thoughts on exercise? Should I cut back a little because of the huge decrease in my protein intake?

Oh, I am really NOT hungry this morning at all. I'll most likely end up IF'ing until early afternoon or whenever hunger returns. I ate um, *blushing* 530g carbs between 12noon and 6pm yesterday. No added fat, no protein... Just potatoes, fruits and honey, and uh, soaked oats (I know, grains and all. I didn't enjoy them as much as I though I would).

WonkoTheSane is offline Junior Member
    I decided to give this a go, and have been logging what I'm eating, feeling and weighing in Evernote. Much as I'll regret this (I don't usually share pictures of my torso), here it is:

https://www.evernote.com/pub/wrigleyj/potatodiet

Click the View Options and Date Created (Oldest First) to read it in a more sensible order.

Quote Originally Posted by fateater View Post
    Well I'm starting today, though I did eat 4 sweet potatoes for dinner last night, as a warm up Not all at once, those made me feel super full. But oh I love them. Baked, with hot sauce.

Yesterday was the first time in 2 months that I ate a significant amount of carbs - I had a hard HIIT workout and decided to have a "carb up" - I've been eating for ketosis and just very low carb. Afterwards I was SO sleepy and tired. I was ready for bed by 6:30pm haha. Anyway. I woke up this morning and am not puffy in the least, like I thought I would be, thirsty and bad breath though. I baked off 7 potatoes last night, because I love a cold potato, so I'm ready if a snack attack hits.

So far, with my black coffee, I can tell it is going to be a mental challenge to NOT eat fat. Where's my coconut cream! I've been getting really really good at consuming lots of fats every day, and loving every moment of it Too much fat I think, because of the way I'm down to only 1 pair of pants which I can barely button up. Ooops. Overdid the "eat all the fat you want while VLCing" thing.

I don't have a weigh scale so I have no idea my starting weight, I just measure with the measuring tape. And by how my clothes fit.

Couple questions if anyone has opinion on?

1. Eat potatoes to saiety? Someone mentioned they were averaging about 2-3 lbs per day?
    2. Thoughts on supplements?
    3. Thoughts on exercise? Should I cut back a little because of the huge decrease in my protein intake?

Oh, I am really NOT hungry this morning at all. I'll most likely end up IF'ing until early afternoon or whenever hunger returns. I ate um, *blushing* 530g carbs between 12noon and 6pm yesterday. No added fat, no protein... Just potatoes, fruits and honey, and uh, soaked oats (I know, grains and all. I didn't enjoy them as much as I though I would).

I too was doing the LC/HF. I could lose very slowly, until about 85%, then it is a gain, even with low calories. I mean LOOOW calories. Calories are just such a weird thing.

So I started adding potatoes just a few days before the potato thread hit, and changed macros to about 40% fat per Perfect Health Diet: Weight Loss Version | Perfect Health Diet So I have been doing that for the last couple of months, so then Monday and Tuesday I wanted to do a couple days of LC/HF and I just couldnt think of what fat to even eat, it was weird. I mean to actually eat, not like just add butter. And I remember when I was coming off of High Fat, I couldnt figure out what to eat either :P

1. I am not sure. I just eat when I am hungry and I track in Sparkpeople so I know where my calories are, so I wasnt paying attention to how many pounds
    2. I have only previously done a couple of days at a time, and I am so hit & miss with taking my supplements. However next week, I am shooting for an all tator week so I will try to make a point to take them.
    3. I actually felt like starting to exercise again. I just had no desire when I was months and months LC/HF. But it was also hot summer time, so I dont know. So anyways, I actually started doing tabata on my elliptical 2 times a week, and some ST of some sort daily, but nothing intense.

Quote Originally Posted by WonkoTheSane View Post
    I decided to give this a go, and have been logging what I'm eating, feeling and weighing in Evernote. Much as I'll regret this (I don't usually share pictures of my torso), here it is:

https://www.evernote.com/pub/wrigleyj/potatodiet

Click the View Options and Date Created (Oldest First) to read it in a more sensible order.
    Oh geesh, I wasnt hungry until I looked at the pics

Page 21 of 54 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast