Page 19 of 54 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Potato Diet (PPD) page 19

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Otzi, does one have to rinse the shredded potatoes before putting them in the waffle maker?

And how thick do you lay 'em on there? Enough to still see the waffle maker's surface, or
    opaque?

AND, is would the waffle maker be correct in telling us when the potatoes are done by the
    light shutting off, like it does for waffles, or do we have to wait lonnnnnger?

I will try it right this very instant, as my 200g of sweet potatoes from 1pm is wearing off......

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I wish a cheese feast would work. I keep meaning to do at least 72 hours of potato feast, but my corner store, which carries an eclectic and unreliable inventory, has recently stocked this freakin' decadant brie cheese laced with walnuts. I'm so weak. Maybe I'll start on Monday with you all (corner store should be out by then).

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
    Otzi, does one have to rinse the shredded potatoes before putting them in the waffle maker?

And how thick do you lay 'em on there? Enough to still see the waffle maker's surface, or
    opaque?

AND, is would the waffle maker be correct in telling us when the potatoes are done by the
    light shutting off, like it does for waffles, or do we have to wait lonnnnnger?

I will try it right this very instant, as my 200g of sweet potatoes from 1pm is wearing off......
    It's less messy if you rinse them with hot water and drain well. I put a great big handful on there, so many that it won't close all the way. As they cook, it kind of mashes them down, it takes a time or two to get it right. Same for telling when they are done, when the red light goes out is a pretty good time to start checking them. If you get it right, they are brown and crispy and fall right out, if it's too soon they stick and are hard to get out.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I wish a cheese feast would work. I keep meaning to do at least 72 hours of potato feast, but my corner store, which carries an eclectic and unreliable inventory, has recently stocked this freakin' decadant brie cheese laced with walnuts. I'm so weak. Maybe I'll start on Monday with you all (corner store should be out by then).
    I'm a cheese head, too. What I've started doing is buying a big hunk of really expensive cheese once a week and eating it all in one day. I have a piece of 1000 Day Aged Gouda in the fridge for this weekend. Otherwise, I could eat cheese every day.

OK, back to tater talk!

joanie, that would be TO DIE FOR, I'll be right over and we'll eat ourselves sick on that cheese

otzi, THANKS!

my husband is off to Target with the kids and *I* am off to the kitchen lickety split to try this
    pronto, so I don't have to share

yeah, i'm a hoarding bitch like that

otzi Guest
    joanie, that would be TO DIE FOR, I'll be right over and we'll eat ourselves sick on that cheese

otzi, THANKS!

my husband is off to Target with the kids and *I* am off to the kitchen lickety split to try this
    pronto, so I don't have to share

yeah, i'm a hoarding bitch like that
    Vinegar and salt really make them special!

the vinegar thing scares me - all i have is regular ol' white vinegar. . . if that makes any difference

and do you dip the toasted mass into the vinegar, or do you sprinkle it on there before or during
    cooking?

otzi Guest
    the vinegar thing scares me - all i have is regular ol' white vinegar. . . if that makes any difference

and do you dip the toasted mass into the vinegar, or do you sprinkle it on there before or during
    cooking?

Sprinkle on after they are done. Then put salt on, it sticks to the vinegar. MMMMM

ahhhh, okay, cool - thanks for the info - they're steaming away now!

otzi Guest
    ahhhh, okay, cool - thanks for the info - they're steaming away now!
    And you almost sold your waffle maker at your garage sale last summer for 50 cents....

Page 19 of 54 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast