Page 18 of 54 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Potato Diet (PPD) page 18

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    But it's WEDNESDAY and the WEEKEND IS LOOMING!

You wanna wait until Monday to start it?

I think I might derail on the weekend because there is
    always SOME succulent thing that floats into my mouth.....

And, we could use this in-between time to rally more suckers, I mean
    guinea pigs, I mean, um, contestants.. yes, that's it., Contestants.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    LOL ok ok I probably need to see what needs to be used up between now and then anyways. Okay, Monday sounds good
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Okay, cool - and, it will give me a chance to tear out all the pages for the Looney Bin
    out of the phone book so my husband won't be able to have me committed.

I can start grooming him now, with kool-aid and sugar cookies (don't worry, he's not
    primal) so when Monday comes around he'll just say "okay honey, do what you want".

Doesn't matter for him anyway, as I'm one of Those Mothers that makes three separate
    meals because no one eats the same thing anyway.

Sue me. It works for us.

Okay! So Monday it is! That will give me time to gird my loins or grow a pair.

Whatever comes first.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Yal my hubster wont even know any different. But if he did, and if he was concerned, I would let him know that this is what I feel I need to do for a few days in order to help make me more of a lean mean effin machine, and then he will be shoveling tators down my throat haha
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    LOL ok ok I probably need to see what needs to be used up between now and then anyways. Okay, Monday sounds good
    Hmm. I'm considering it. I need to do a deload week anyway, and that seems like a good time to start a week of potatoes also...

SWEET! Another taker.

Monday, December 3rd, it's on like ping pong.

I, we, whomever, can post in here when the Sekrit Thread is up
    in Odds and Ends....

Gopintos, yeah, my husband wouldn't notice either 'cept for the fact
    that he's inbetween jobs at the moment and is always lobbying for
    something delicious breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Good thing I have my OWN MIND because between him being home and
    his mother coming out on the 18th through the 28th, I'd be 400lbs.

So good to do this before then.

If we all want, we can post stats like weight, calories, how many pounds of potatoes
    per day or meal, or however OCD we want to get with it.

Or, if one is a Private Person, then just maybe "pounds lost" on Saturday the 8th's
    weigh in.

My kids are in school for 6hrs a day, so I'll be incredibly annoyingly detailed.

No sparkly graphs though, cuz I's ain'ts smarts enuffs to figure such thingz out.

Julie

fateater is offline Member
    I'm starting tomorrow, well, tonight I'll have potatoes for dinner and start full out tomorrow. I don't need to wait til Monday and can't afford to anyway. Since I'm out of meat it's the perfect time to begin. I just bought $20 worth of assorted potatoes, red/yellow/purple and a few sweets. Cool there are other people who'll be doing it around the same time.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    I believe that adding in steamed green veggies and members of the onion family wouldn't compromise the PPD - as most veggies have a higher protein ratio by macronutrient than potatoes for those who are concerned about protein intake, plus they also increase intake of valuable micronutrients such as iron and antioxidants for those that need them, without increasing fat intake.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

maurile is online now Senior Member
    I started yesterday. I got a five-pound bag of russet potatoes, and I've just been baking them. I need to get more . . .

So far, I've had: potatoes with my homemade habanero sauce; potatoes with salt and balsamic vinegar (when I discovered that I was out of apple cider vinegar); potatoes with homemade turkey stock; and potatoes with oregano, thyme, and sumac. Next up will be potatoes with sauerkraut. (I'm assuming that sauerkraut is allowable? It's essentially non-caloric: five calories per 1/4 cup. And I'd assume that pickles are in the same category?)

Are sweet potatoes cool?

I'm down four pounds in two days since I started.

otzi Guest
    Do any of you guys own a dusty old waffle-maker? They make AWESOME hashbrowns. I could definitely overeat them, but they make a really good after dinner snack if you are still hungry and they stand on their own, just a little salt and they are delish! Go out and buy a $5 shredder if you don't have one. Peel and shred some potatoes and throw a handful on the waffle maker or sandwich press. You'll want to eat these even when not on a PPD.

Page 18 of 54 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast