Page 12 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Potato Diet (PPD) page 12

Kilian is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    The Cyclic Ketogenic Diet involves a super rigid protocol with periods of very low carb and periods of very high carb refeeds, which is why it works for fat loss. If you are unclear, read up on the physiology behind carb loading.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilian View Post
    The Cyclic Ketogenic Diet involves a super rigid protocol with periods of very low carb and periods of very high carb refeeds, which is why it works for fat loss. If you are unclear, read up on the physiology behind carb loading.
    I tried to follow a CKD a while back, didn't work out too well for me, too easy to screw it up with poor eating habits. There seem to be a lot of bodybuilders that use it to great success for cutting fat. I've also heard that the Potato Diet is getting a lot of attention in bodybuilder circles as the 'next great thing' for cutting.

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    I have; most of the importance of low carb is to prevent insulin from rising and screwing up the process of fat in the body being burned instead. But then, if you eat low carb, all the fat you eat will store directly as body fat, and then get burned (plus more, assuming caloric deficit), while moderate-carb will spike insulin to gain body fat + glycogen, but those will also get burned (plus your body fat, assuming caloric deficit), after your glycogen runs out. Either way, I don't really see the point of cycling.

Unless you're interested in health-related issues such as autophagy...but that's not directly related to weight loss per se, so I am discounting that from the discussion.

ezk
    ezk is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    That is not a ketogenic diet. That is every bit as silly as two weeks of spuds. Why can't people just eat real, normal food, perhaps reduce the quantity a little, but get all their nutrition?. It seems I read about that "hack" somewhere......Oh yeah, it's called the Primal Blueprint.
    You don't reduce food quantity to lose weight , it will make you hungry
    and it will slow your metabolism. Which will lead you weight gain.
    Diets does not work Paleobird and that is why we are all here.
    Ketosis is not the optimal state of humans, I am curious where did you get your information
    from that athletes are doing that for months.
    It is a bit strange that people are against something that is obviously beneficial
    To one self, energy and weight wise.. Sometimes i am asking if its not a simple
    stubbornness to recognize a truth that doesn't come from their own page..
    Entire nations has survived and thrived on patateos. Ireland, France, Poland, Russia .. People use to live on
    that for years, some for lifetime. It is boring all right, but it fills you up, it nourishes you well
    And it does burn the not needed fat. Great for many of us who are not getting it done with "more fat".

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    I thought the point of the ketogenic diet was to fix certain health problems, not to lose weight, like what the potato hack is doing.
    Don't tell Fitness Wayne! Burn Fat Fast with Ketosis Fitness Wayne

"If you are looking to try to lose weight quickly, you should consider trying a ketogenic diet. The diet that popularized ketosis was the Atkins diet back in the 70′s. The definition of a ketogenic diet is a low carb diet where the body produces ketones for energy instead of dietary glucose. When you are in ketosis organs that normally run on glucose switch over to using ketones instead, including the brain, liver and heart"

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    Don't tell Fitness Wayne! Burn Fat Fast with Ketosis Fitness Wayne

"If you are looking to try to lose weight quickly, you should consider trying a ketogenic diet. The diet that popularized ketosis was the Atkins diet back in the 70′s. The definition of a ketogenic diet is a low carb diet where the body produces ketones for energy instead of dietary glucose. When you are in ketosis organs that normally run on glucose switch over to using ketones instead, including the brain, liver and heart"
    I thought the original point of ketosis was health, not fat burn. There are always going to be abusers who are just chasing the superficiality of such a diet.

It's like saying that you became Primal to regain health, not to burn fat - that's a nice plus. Those who go on Primal just to lose fat basically are those who chase fad diets, and will just move on to the next one when it comes by, versus those who actually try to understand why and how Primal affects health the way it does.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    I thought the original point of ketosis was health, not fat burn. There are always going to be abusers who are just chasing the superficiality of such a diet.

It's like saying that you became Primal to regain health, not to burn fat - that's a nice plus. Those who go on Primal just to lose fat basically are those who chase fad diets, and will just move on to the next one when it comes by, versus those who actually try to understand why and how Primal affects health the way it does.
    A big thing for me when I discovered Primal Blueprint were the many different ways one could manipulate their diet. For my first 40+ years, I just ate. Now I have all these amazing tools to use for health and weightloss. I agree with you, many ways one can do themself a dis-favor by chasing fat-loss schemes.

Kilian is offline Senior Member
    Sakura, is it so alarming to think that people enjoy testing their bodies and experimenting wherever possible? I'm personally a fitness and nutrition major so this stuff is right up my alley. I've tried all sorts of different 'fad diets' and body hacks, not because I need them for their intended outcomes (I'm already fit and probably too lean) but because I enjoy setting n=1 and learning new things about how the body reacts and adapts accordingly.

Mr. Anthony is offline Senior Member
    Sakura, is it so alarming to think that people enjoy testing their bodies and experimenting wherever possible? I'm personally a fitness and nutrition major so this stuff is right up my alley. I've tried all sorts of different 'fad diets' and body hacks, not because I need them for their intended outcomes (I'm already fit and probably too lean) but because I enjoy setting n=1 and learning new things about how the body reacts and adapts accordingly.
    I agree; I'm constantly doing little challenges. Can I go a month without shaving? How many pullups can I do weighted with 45 pounds? How long can I stand a cold shower? I don't see a big deal with doing a week of potatoes to see what happens. If crap goes horribly wrong somehow...I'll just go back to normal food. No big deal.

If you don't push yourself to the limit, how do you even know if you have one?

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    If you don't push yourself to the limit, how do you even know if you have one?
    I really like that! You should put it on a t shirt.

Page 12 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast