Page 11 of 54 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Potato Diet (PPD) page 11

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Here's a thought, if you don't agree with it - don't do it!

As for the poor, naive newbies - they must be adults to enter this forum, I'm sure they're capable of making up their own minds also!

I really don't understand why people get so cranky about what random strangers on the Internet are doing with their diet!

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    NOBODY around here supports a 100% potato based diet. SOME around here are finding awesome success in getting stubborn fat to move after trying many other primal hacks like IF'ing, ketogenic dieting, calorie counting, and cold water therapy. When one embarks on a potato diet, they eat 100% potatoes for 1-2 weeks. This generally results in a 5-10 pound weight loss. It also helps people see they aren't really stuck at a certain weight and helps control bad eating habits. Many studies referenced earlier in this thread show increased insulin sensitivity and improved gut flora also result from a short term 100% potato diet.

We might be surprised what Mark Sisson would think. His wife is a pescatarian (fish eater) and son is a vegan... Just speculating, but I'll bet Mark would like what we are doing with this potato diet. Wonder how we channel him?
    Otzi, dear heart. PLEASE stop referring to the ketogenic diet as a "hack". It is nothing of the sort, It is something people have been on continuously for years and years with no ill effects. It controls all kinds of neurological conditions beautifully without medication. That is not a hack. That is a lifelong eating plan that works very well for some people.

2 weeks of taters is a hack. As such I have no problem with it. It ranks right along with cabbage soup but both do work.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Otzi, dear heart. PLEASE stop referring to the ketogenic diet as a "hack".
    It's a hack when someone wants to lose 5 pounds by Christmas and eats nothing but bacon and eggs for 3 weeks peeing on ketostix every morning shouting "Woo-Hoo, dark purple bay-beeee!"

When someone eats for ketosis who has a real medical condition that warrants ketosis, it's not a hack.

Terry H is offline Senior Member
    Here's a thought, if you don't agree with it - don't do it!

What a revelation. Thank you for your time. Primal twinkie diet. There, I added "primal" to it. It's just a hack so pay it no mind.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry H View Post
    Thank you for your time. Primal twinkie diet. There, I added "primal" to it. It's just a hack so pay it no mind.
    You're welcome and I won't. I actually don't care what other people eat or don't. I tried the potato thing for two days and hated it, I tried ketosis and my hair fell out, doesn't mean that I'm going to trawl the forum telling everyone else that they're deluded. Whatever works for you is fine by me.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    It's a hack when someone wants to lose 5 pounds by Christmas and eats nothing but bacon and eggs for 3 weeks peeing on ketostix every morning shouting "Woo-Hoo, dark purple bay-beeee!"

When someone eats for ketosis who has a real medical condition that warrants ketosis, it's not a hack.
    That is not a ketogenic diet. That is every bit as silly as two weeks of spuds. Why can't people just eat real, normal food, perhaps reduce the quantity a little, but get all their nutrition?. It seems I read about that "hack" somewhere......Oh yeah, it's called the Primal Blueprint.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    That is not a ketogenic diet. That is every bit as silly as two weeks of spuds. Why can't people just eat real, normal food, perhaps reduce the quantity a little, but get all their nutrition?. It seems I read about that "hack" somewhere......Oh yeah, it's called the Primal Blueprint.
    You'd love this, then: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/cycl...genic_diet.htm

Cyclic Ketogenic Diet:

5 days of bacon-n-eggs, 2 days of cake-n-ice cream.
    Last edited by otzi; 11-17-2012 at 07:49 PM.

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    I thought the point of the ketogenic diet was to fix certain health problems, not to lose weight, like what the potato hack is doing.

Kilian is offline Senior Member
    ketogenic diet =/= cyclic ketogenic diet

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I thought there have been multiple studies that show that there is no metabolic advantage of ketosis over normally occuring beta-oxidation in face of the same caloric intake. Unless those are the same process, somehow? Otherwise, ketosis is only good for the health-impaired.

Page 11 of 54 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast