Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No more excuses. I will make good choices. page

ELizabeth826 is online now Senior Member

No more excuses. I will make good choices.

Primal Fuel
    I used to be more active on the MDA fourms, though I was never terribly active. (After a year this will only be my 174th post, and lots of those were "+1" type comments.) When I did post, it was mostly in Odds and Ends threads. Most days I'd just browse and not post at all.

Then I pretty much stopped coming here two months ago. At the same time I also started eating crap all the time (and lots of it) and stopped working out and have therefore gained 10 pounds. No MDA and more body fat - causation or correlation, you decide.

Either way, I'm going to give this journal thing a shot because I'm hoping that I'll be shamed into treating my body well and not like a garbage disposal. Just kidding, it's not a shame thing, but I do think that being more active here (even just in the silly threads), either posting or reading, make me think more about my choices and how the will impact me long term. So hopefully this journal thing will force me to be more active/involved.

I doubt I will post everyday, but I'm going to make an effort to post a few times a week.

I am not going to make excuses for my choices, but not beat myself up for them either. Eating cake or skipping a work out does not constitute a moral failing. I will simply except that sometimes I chose poorly and move on to the next choice.

Anyway, I'm quick starting my fresh leaf with a little fasting. Clear my system, clear my head. It will probably be about 36 hours long.

Note: I overuse parenthetical expressions. Get over it.
    No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
    -Maimonodies

Spiralicious is offline Senior Member
    I am not going to make excuses for my choices, but not beat myself up for them either. Eating cake or skipping a work out does not constitute a moral failing. I will simply except that sometimes I chose poorly and move on to the next choice.
    I like this. Good luck with your recommitment! I too abuse the parenthetical. Geez, I can just relate on so many levels!
    Anyhow... (I also overuse ellipses. It happens) I shall check in on you occasionally, and offer unsolicited and unqualified advice. Feel free to disregard.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Nice to see you again Elizabeth!

I'm on the same boat... or rather, trying to swim back to the boat... or swimming to shore? I'm swimming, that's all I know.

My name is iniQuity, and I'm an apple pie addict.

Nice to see (read?) you too! We should do lunch again sometime. We could have confession, "Forgive me Cavegod for I have eaten gluten..."

Thanks Spiralicious! Yeah, I've mostly accepted that I'm just a pretty terrible writer. I tend write the way I would chose to say things and reading someone's speech pattern is kind of the worst. I'll be sure to check out your journal too, gotta support other punctuation abusers!

Didn't go to the gym yesterday, but I DID walk home form work, which is just as good because my apartment is about 5 miles away. Today I'll be having leftover pad thai for lunch. Its rice noodles so it is FINE. And delicious. I'm going to a wedding upstate this weekend, so I'm not sure what the food options will be, especially since both the bride and groom are vegheads, plus I'll be having a drink or five which always leads to healthy eating, right? I'm not going to stress about it though, just focus on having a blast. For weddings I have a 95% rule: dance to 95% of the songs and have a better time than 95% of the people there (I will concede that the bride, groom, and family are entitled to have more fun than me).
    -Maimonodies

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Yeah I'd be down for that, maybe that BBQ place so all we can be tempted by is different cuts of meat.

Also, weddings tend to have the best food - would be kinda shitty if they didn't serve any meat but maybe they'll have creative veggie options to keep you from the pasta and what not but yeah I would definitely not worry about a single day especially when the social situation merits it. Have fun!

OK, so "No Excuses" and all that jazz, but I'm obviously pretty awful at this journalling business. The last month was crazy with lots of traveling and out of town guests basically every weekend. So I guess I'm going to try this again, maybe there will be less than a month between this post and the next one.

The wedding was great and I blast. Plenty of meaty, delicious items. I also had some pretty fantastic red velvet cakeballs. It's safe to say that I managed to follow my 95% rule, the maid of honor commented at brunch the next day that she was jealous of how much fun my BF and I were having on the dance floor. Success achieved.

Since then I have been going to the gym about twice a week. Which is better than the zero times a week I was going before. My eating has been better, but not great.

I'm going on a cruise at the end of January (Countdown 45 days!) and since I'm going to be in a bikini 24/7 I wanna look SUPER hot. Right now I look regular hot, which is just not good enough for me. So to that end I am not drinking from now until said cruise (with the exception of NYE) and I am re-recommitting to eating semi low carb. Also, in January I will be doing Hot Yoga 2x per week in addition to my regular gym sessions because I got sucked into buying a groupon for a month of classes with a good friend of mine. I'm told that I will dread going to class, hate my life during the class, and then feel glorious when it's over. Sounds delightful, can't wait. (sarcasm)

So that's the plan, more exercise, less carbs, lots of sweating, no booze, and generally not being lazy.
    -Maimonodies

SO.

Eating: Better than before but still not BEST. Aiming for BEST over the holidays.

Exercise: I completed the my goal of walking 650 miles in 2012 today!!!! Since I have 10 days left in the year and i will be off work for all over them (woohoo) I'm setting a mini goal of walking an extra 25 miles. I'm also planing to do some yoga everyday to get prepared for this hot yoga business in January. They say beginners are welcome, but right now I'm like, EXTRA beginner.

Overall: Feeling good.

Merry Xmas y'all!
    -Maimonodies

Happy 2013 and all that jazz!

No change in weight/body comp either up or down over the holidays. I'm counting that one as a success.

Last week I started Bikram yoga and I liked it a lot more than I thought I would. After three classes my skin is AMAZING. I'm actually looking forward to going again tonight. Unfortunately, when my group on expires at the end of the month I don't know if I will be able to continue with classes. Bikram classes are very expensive. We'll see if I decide it's worth it at the end of the month.

19 days till cruise time. Crunch time!
    -Maimonodies

Yoga was pretty good last night, I fell out of a few balance poses, but overall I am pleased with my performance. Went home to the boy who had made these, which he is obsessed with. (I will convert him to primal....its already starting...)

I skipped lunch today as I'm planing to have a large-ish dinner with some friends tonight. This is my first 20+ in ages and it feels good to reset. I wish I had a good window to do a 36 or 48 hour fast, but I won't for the next two months or so. Too much physical activity and too many awesome social events coming up.

Tonight I'm planing to go for a quick run. I signed up for a 1.5 mile charity run (Cupid's Undie Run Benefits the Children's Tumor Foundation | Cupid's Undie Run) in the beginning of February, and I'd like to not embarrass myself by not being able to keep up with my team the whole way though. I can only run one mile on the treadmill right now, because I detest running as a form of exercise and do it as rarely as possible. I need to get outside and run a bit so I can avoid the shame. Also, I need to get used to the cold because as the name suggests, I'll only be wearing undies for the race. Yeah, that sounds pleasant, in New York, in February. Why did I agree to do this again?
    -Maimonodies

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Only a casual 7 months between updates. No biggie.

I've been mostly eating well, but work has been crazy busy since April (working most weekends and some nights) so I haven't hit the gym and I racked up a number of binge-y SAD days. I've been feeling really sluggish and out of it. Tired all the time. Not awesome.

I'm leaving for a friend's wedding in Ireland 25 days, after which I'm spending a week in Portugal. I need to fit in may fancy dress and also wear bikinis.

So motivations = vanity and also my actually health. Mostly vanity though. I'm eating any and everything I want as soon as I leave the country (and probably drinking a ton), so no whole30 for me. Whole 25? Sure.

Day 1:
    Lunch - Big old chopped salad from the place around the corner, because I decided to start this about 35 minutes ago so I didn't pack anything.
    Dinner - Grilled chicken and veggies.
    Movement - Walked 3 miles.
    Last edited by ELizabeth826; 07-02-2013 at 06:26 AM. Reason: Update Day1
    -Maimonodies

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast