Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sagging Skin? page 2

Nivanthe is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by BearsBeetsBG View Post
    But - I don't want to stay fat just to avoid saggy skin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    All I hear when people say they are worried about having saggy skin if they lose weight is "I'm looking for an excuse to stay fat."
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who read it like this...

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    All I hear when people say they are worried about having saggy skin if they lose weight is "I'm looking for an excuse to stay fat."
    right on.

i've lost 150, and i'm in my mid-30's. my skin has done pretty well. i still have body fat i want to get rid of, but i look thin, have visible muslces, and no sagging skin that isn't a fat pouch. even if i did, it's a small price to pay for how i feel now.

EyeOfRound is offline Senior Member
    Lost 80 lbs in my late 20s and while my skin issues are not so bad that I HAVE to get plastic surgery, I did decide to consult a surgeon. The amount I have on my abdomen and arms is not concerning to me - if anything, I think the little bit of extra skin on my belly will help me avoid stretch marks if I ever get pregnant - but I do have some loose skin on my butt and upper legs that's complicated by cellulite. I don't think I'll be going ahead with surgery, but I just wanted to see how much it'd cost and what would be a realistic outcome. Your friend is GUARANTEED to have loose skin. From what I've heard from every single bariatric patient I've ever talked to, and from every single bariatric surgeon (I've worked with a few), the type of results I had are considered phenomenal - and I STILL have some loose skin.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12