Thread: how much? page

PandaRose is offline Member

how much?

Shop Now
    i'm 5'3, 113lbs. i am wondering how often and for how long i should be sprinting. how many squats should i be doing (holding 20lb baby)? how many push ups should i be doing? just needing some advice on what constitutes a true workout. thank you for input

Grannysmith is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PandaRose View Post
    i'm 5'3, 113lbs. i am wondering how often and for how long i should be sprinting. how many squats should i be doing (holding 20lb baby)? how many push ups should i be doing? just needing some advice on what constitutes a true workout. thank you for input
    I would start off sprinting once a week. I use a bike and do Peak 8’s

Peak 8 Exercises Increase Your "Fitness Hormone" Levels

but you can just run, you will gain endurance very quickly if you give it your all. I would shoot for a good 15 sec dash and add a second a week until you hit 30 sec’s with a Minute or two of rest in between. There is video at the bottom of the link I have shared.

If your using your baby as weight while doing squats, do them to failure (you can’t do them anymore). The bay will gain a couple of ounces a week so your weight will increase and your reps will most likely drop off. Just go to you can’t do anymore, take a quick rest, then do that four times. Same with the pushups. Concentrate on form rather then how many or weight at first. Once good form mussel memory kicks in you can add more challenging weight to your exercises. Remember a good 4 count (one, two, three...) on the way down. and agin on the way back up will help keep form, reduce your chance of injury, and maximize effort for the wight your working with.

Hope this helps

PandaRose is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    thank you so much for your helpful and thorough reply!